2019 Broncos Line-up

Record of Glenn's NRL seasons

View attachment 4642

Small sample of Hopoate's statistics in QLD cup (the bottom row is from 3 games this year)

View attachment 4643

And? What's that supposed to prove. You are comparing a player from qld cup to a proven nrl performer. You are comparing a bloke who played a lot at lock to a player who played mostly left back row. Not sure what the comparison is.

I've seen Hoppa play regularly for redcliffe, i dont believe you have. He isn't good enough for us right now and I don't think he ever will be.

I'm kind of sick of pretending like we need to coddle these grown men. If we wanted to give the young guys someone to aspire to, we just have to invite someone like Petero Civonaceva to come to training. We already have Parker, Prince and Hodges around the place. Darren Lockyer is on our board.

Retaining the players we want long term should be our top priority over the next few years.
You're missing one important part. Glenn is a club stalwart who has massive respect from the team.

Every one of these young players will be older one day, how you treat the senior players in the team directly impacts team morale and how likely those young guys are to be loyal.

My opinion of Thaiday's playing form aside, Bennett gave him the ultimate respect and the young guys with 10 clubs chasing them would have noticed that and been more likely to want to stay with us long term.

And? What's that supposed to prove. You are comparing a player from qld cup to a proven nrl performer. You are comparing a bloke who played a lot at lock to a player who played mostly left back row. Not sure what the comparison is.

I've seen Hoppa play regularly for redcliffe, i dont believe you have. He isn't good enough for us right now and I don't think he ever will be.

You're missing one important part. Glenn is a club stalwart who has massive respect from the team.

Every one of these young players will be older one day, how you treat the senior players in the team directly impacts team morale and how likely those young guys are to be loyal.

My opinion of Thaiday's playing form aside, Bennett gave him the ultimate respect and the young guys with 10 clubs chasing them would have noticed that and been more likely to want to stay with us long term.

We'll see how it goes. This conversation may be irrelevant.

We'll see how it goes. This conversation may be irrelevant.

Well, it is irrelevant really because you are comparing a player who has been nothing more than a Qld cup player against Alex Glenn who had probably over 100 games in the NRL at the same stage in his career, and who have generally played in different positions. Can't even see why the comparison with Glenn is there

Well, it is irrelevant really because you are comparing a player who has been nothing more than a Qld cup player against Alex Glenn who had probably over 100 games in the NRL at the same stage in his career, and who have generally played in different positions. Can't even see why the comparison with Glenn is there

I said that I would like Hopoate to come into the squad if Glenn leaves. They are both backrowers and that's why I mentioned Hopoate.

You're actually a bit slow and I can't stand having to explain to you what I'm saying, after I say it. So yes, I'll say it's irrelevant because he hasn't left yet, just to end this conversation with you.

I said that I would like Hopoate to come into the squad if Glenn leaves. They are both backrowers and that's why I mentioned Hopoate.

You're actually a bit slow and I can't stand having to explain to you what I'm saying, after I say it. So yes, I'll say it's irrelevant because he hasn't left yet, just to end this conversation with you.

even if Glenn leaves there is no room in the squad for Hopoate

even if Glenn leaves there is no room in the squad for Hopoate

Upload 2019 3 26 13 44 39

Have we replaced Savelio yet?

On the Broncos website in the team profile section they have 30 player profiles there, he isn't one of them so I would say yes. Kodi no longer listed as a hooker lol

https://www.broncos.com.au/teams/

Last edited:
If the broncos don’t show any loyalty to a bloke like Glenn then we can’t be upset when somebody like TPJ signs with another club for a lot more coin. And don’t give me the we have given him ten years. He probably stayed here for less money because he loves the club during that ten year period. I love the bloke. One of the most underrated consistent players we have!!

The Roosters don't seem to give a shit about that sort of stuff and they don't have issues signing players.

If the broncos don’t show any loyalty to a bloke like Glenn then we can’t be upset when somebody like TPJ signs with another club for a lot more coin. And don’t give me the we have given him ten years. He probably stayed here for less money because he loves the club during that ten year period. I love the bloke. One of the most underrated consistent players we have!!

He'll sign for another club anyway if someone throws massive dollars at him. See Hunt as a recent example who we wanted to keep and who wanted to stay but still left for money.

Last edited:
The Roosters don't seem to give a shit about that sort of stuff and they don't have issues signing players.

He'll sign for another club anyway if someone throws massive dollars at him. See Hunt as a recent example who we wanted to keep and who wanted to stay but still left for money.
Upload 2019 3 26 14 38 2

I love the consistency of BHQers trying to compare NRL and Q-Cup as if they are the same thing.

I was actually just trying to give people an idea of what Jamil is capable of in rugby league.

Would you prefer it if I said those statistics from Q Cup meant nothing and that he can't make it in NRL?

I just don't think that's the reality.. Clearly some want to view it that way

Last edited:

I get the feeling Glenn is more invested in the Broncos then Hunt was. I feel like Hunt was always going if the money was there. Glenn I’m not so sure unless he is pushed out.

Anyway the point I’m making is that if the Broncos aren’t prepared to show some loyalty to a guy like Glenn who has played his entire career here then we at BHQ can’t be so critical and angry when one of our young guns signs elsewhere for more money instead of showing loyalty.

I was actually just trying to give people an idea of what Jamil is capable of in rugby league.

Would you prefer it if I said those statistics from Q Cup meant nothing and that he can't make it in NRL?

I just don't think that's the reality.. Clearly some want to view it that way

That's a stretch in the negative don't you think? I'm not saying he's going to be useless, but comparing NRL and Q-Cup stats in a BHQ special.

I get the feeling Glenn is more invested in the Broncos then Hunt was. I feel like Hunt was always going if the money was there. Glenn I’m not so sure unless he is pushed out.

Anyway the point I’m making is that if the Broncos aren’t prepared to show some loyalty to a guy like Glenn who has played his entire career here then we at BHQ can’t be so critical and angry when one of our young guns signs elsewhere for more money instead of showing loyalty.

We've already punted Kahu and McGuire who were just as loyal to the Broncos. We've already lost promising young kids even when we had older blokes around like Hodges, Parker, Thaiday and were showing loyalty.

The young kids can see how we treat blokes like Prince and Civo, who left the Broncos for long stretches, and take that into consideration.

EDIT: Weakening our team in the hope that it keeps our jrs around isn't logical imo. They're just as likely to leave because they aren't getting opportunities (Arrow). It's also out of our control if a club with shit management comes in and offers a ridiculous deal (Taylor and Hunt).

Weren't we offering Hunt about 700k whereas the Dragons were at 1.2mil for more years total? I was under the impression that Hunt was desperate to stay but needed a bit more cash to seal the deal but the Broncos (rightfully) didn't budge. The Dragons have approximately zero percent chance of winning the comp over the length of Hunt's contract, so it's clear that we were in the right with that deal. Same with Taylor.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Tmac
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.