2019 Broncos Line-up

I noticed the anti Macca chat disappeared in this thread after we won our first game.
Seriously, bunch on man babies around here with their scape goat agendas
It didn't from me and I spoke about Macca. He was adequate in the game we won. I'm not anti any player rather I look at the entirety of a players game and sometimes make reference to my perception of their inadequacies. McCullough is not a scapegoat for many of us, he just isn't as good as we need.

It didn't from me and I spoke about Macca. He was adequate in the game we won. I'm not anti any player rather I look at the entirety of a players game and sometimes make reference to my perception of their inadequacies. McCullough is not a scapegoat for many of us, he just isn't as good as we need.

I wonder if we should be making a play for Blayke Brailey from Cronulla?

I noticed the anti Macca chat disappeared in this thread after we won our first game.
Seriously, bunch on man babies around here with their scape goat agendas

Would have won by 50 if Turpin was spearheading the forwards. And we still plod on with mediocrity for another couple of years while Rabbits lift another trophy as our drought continues.

Last edited:
Would have won by 50 if Turpin was spearheading the forwards. And we still plod on with mediocrity for another couple of years while Rabbits lift another trophy as our drought continues.
If that’s the best contribution you can make then just shoosh while the adults are talking. You obviously don’t have a clue. If Turpin was that far superior then he would be in the team and I back Seibold’s judgement over yours every time.

Queensland U15- Captain (Merit Side)
Queensland U16- Captain
Murri Under 16 Queensland team- Captain
Queensland U18- Captain
2019 Queensland Emerging camp

Lives in Ipswich, played CC, MM and ISC for Souths. Emerging 18's camp last year.
Thanks mate, I thought so... quality reporting going on.

Turpin is ordinary saw him play for redcliffe the other day overplayed his hand for most of the game kept going the wrong way all the time

Turpin is ordinary saw him play for redcliffe the other day overplayed his hand for most of the game kept going the wrong way all the time

Tbf to Jake, Reddy are very ordinary this year, but even in a dominant team least year it was still debatable if he was even the best hooker at Redcliffe. I do like him as a player though, but there are so many who have such a hatred of Macca they will take anyone in the side but him.

I wonder if we should be making a play for Blayke Brailey from Cronulla?
Just asked my Cronulla mate and he rates him above his brother. Thinks he will be a quality nrl player in the future.

He looks the goods, but I reckon the sharks will hang onto him and flick his brother.

I reckon the Roosters will get him, TPJ, SBW, and Dearden. Plenty of spare cap space by all reports.

Load of shit. Guarantee several line breaks through the middle as Turpin has played how many first grade games..??

Dont know if anyone can post the article from the Courier Mail, but it looks like the Police have interviewed Payne Haas in relation to an incident where a woman was assaulted. I'm presuming this was the incident that got him suspended for 4 games.

POLICE have interviewed suspended young Brisbane Broncos star Payne Haas as part of the investigation of the alleged assault of a woman at a female rugby league game.
Haas was last month fined $20,000 and stood down by the Broncos for the first four games of the season for allegedly failing to co-operate with an NRL Integrity Unit probe into two off-field incidents last year involving family members.
Broncos bombshell: Young prodigy suspended
The Courier-Mail can reveal the 20-year-old giant was interviewed by detectives from Hendra CIB today over an alleged serious assault of a woman at rugby league match in which his girlfriend was playing in Brisbane last August.
The woman was allegedly pushed over and injured during a confrontation among spectators at the game.
Haas’s lawyer, Campbell MacCallum, said his client gave police a “full and frank” account of what happened and vehemently denied being involved in any assault.
18c4204031853699d63d615535b9371a

Payne Haas was last month fined $20,000 and stood down by the Broncos for the first four games of the season. Picture: AAP image, John Gass
“He instructs that his only involvement was to break up parties who were entering into some sort of melee,” Mr MacCallum said.
“There was a complete and utter lack of involvement in any assault on his part. There have been no charges laid and we don’t expect there will be, but the matter is still being investigated.’’
Mr MacCallum said there was “no way” he would have allowed Haas to be formally interviewed by police if he did not believe his version had “an absolute ring of truth”.
“As a young rookie, he accepts any decision his club makes,” Mr MacCallum said, referring to the Broncos’ decision to suspend Haas.
“But he instructs me that he is training harder and harder to be as fit as he can when he gets back on the football field.’’

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...n/news-story/596caeb9c56dfc9af9cac1b11f743b30

If that’s the best contribution you can make then just shoosh while the adults are talking. You obviously don’t have a clue. If Turpin was that far superior then he would be in the team and I back Seibold’s judgement over yours every time.

Seibold is sticking with his leadership group of Boyd and McCullough, he will never introduce better players even when they have plateaued in form. I love my Broncos to death but the 1 and 9 are our weaknesses, they will never lift the trophy with these guys at the fore.

Seibold is sticking with his leadership group of Boyd and McCullough, he will never introduce better players even when they have plateaued in form. I love my Broncos to death but the 1 and 9 are our weaknesses, they will never lift the trophy with these guys at the fore.
Darius has lifted two trophies before. Macca I don't disagree with though.

Your post said that the Broncos are a 30 point better team with Turpin in it. By that logic and considering the ISC is an easier competition than the NRL then Redcliffe must be a 40 or 50 point better team with this hero in it. I bet they are grateful for that because they would have lost by 60 or 70 on the weekend without him.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it’s extreme then be prepared to be called out. You are effectively saying Seibold would rather lose than introduce new talent while we have one of the youngest packs in the league. The most likely explanation is that the PROFESSIONAL coach thinks Macca is a better option than Turpin.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Shane Tronc
  • Porthoz
  • Lurker
  • maddo
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.