2019 is shaping to be a VERY forgettable season

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This goes beyond just being forgettable for Broncos supporters, because that's clearly what it will be for us. It's looking to be forgettable for every team in the comp except the Roosters. Even Melbourne can't seem to get near them.

2019 screams "transition year" to me. The Roosters have daylight between them and the rest of the comp being an established premiership side with not much player movement, while the rest are hardly all that settled in terms of playing group and coach.

Lets hope it is pointing towards a very competitive 2020, if nothing else.

I certainly wouldn't be counting out Melb or Souths just yet. There is still two thirds of the regular season left and a couple new mini contenders will emerge. The Roosters aren't home and hosed.

It's a shame the Broncos chose to have a "transition year" in a season where everyone tipped them to make the top 4. Will next season be called the "rebuilding year"? If so, 2021 might be labeled "sack the fucking coach" year.

Last edited:
Malcolm Knox wrote a very funny article at the start of the year. Here's what he predicted about the NRL:
-
RUGBY LEAGUE

Or, as we know it, the year of the groundhog.

The Roosters and Storm contest their second straight grand final. Both clubs are the top two all year, after most of their main rivals implode during or soon after the off-season.

Both Melbourne and Sydney lose a handful of unremembered games during the Origin period to produce the illusion that the competition is even.

The NRL declares this ‘our most even season ever’.

New South Wales win Origin for the second straight year, prompting Queensland to threaten to discontinue the ‘tired concept’ unless it is allowed to extend its border south of Taree. And build a wall. And make New South Wales pay for it. Various bad things happen off the field. Nobody likes The Bunker.

One club near the bottom of the table (ie not the Roosters, Brisbane or Melbourne) is penalised for salary cap infringements. Todd Greenberg ages 10 years. Cameron Smith, who appears to have stolen the 10 years Greenberg lost, signs a new contract with the Storm and sets his sights on 500 NRL games.
-

Funny because it's true.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.