BHQ Gambling Association

Chautauqua is drifting, now $8.50. Will be tough but worth an each way bet at those odds. Voodoo Lad has come in.

i'm on , Ladbrokes had enhanced odds. $10.50 and $2.70

Decided to put my ridiculous NBA knowledge to good use & started gambling on the NBA this season, going well so far, doubled my bank roll in less than 2 weeks.

Had a beauty today, DeMarcus Cousins to score 35+ points / New Orleans Pelicans to win @ $6.50, the milky bars are on me boys.

Decided to put my ridiculous NBA knowledge to good use & started gambling on the NBA this season, going well so far, doubled my bank roll in less than 2 weeks.

Had a beauty today, DeMarcus Cousins to score 35+ points / New Orleans Pelicans to win @ $6.50, the milky bars are on me boys.

NBA is such a stitch up. The amount of times my multi has fallen over by one leg.... I'm on a golden duck so far for NBA bets this season. Help me obi wan

NBA is such a stitch up. The amount of times my multi has fallen over by one leg.... I'm on a golden duck so far for NBA bets this season. Help me obi wan

Will do, I don't really do multi's, I find results are too unpredictable this year.

My go to bet is the player market, betting on whether or not "x" player will get over or under "x" amount of Points, Rebounds or Assists.. There's usually 1-2 or every day that seem pretty obvious to me, I'll share them on here if I continue to pull them off at a decent win%.

Will do, I don't really do multi's, I find results are too unpredictable this year.

My go to bet is the player market, betting on whether or not "x" player will get over or under "x" amount of Points, Rebounds or Assists.. There's usually 1-2 or every day that seem pretty obvious to me, I'll share them on here if I continue to pull them off at a decent win%.

All I know is that John wall is the assist king. Learnt that the hard way ..

This.
Got me through last year's play-offs like a gem!

Just a little bump from last year after the Melb cup Hopefully this year the system holds up but here it is along with last years system results.

Let's find the Cup winner

After searching back through many articles and statistics for the Melbourne Cup we have discovered this little 'System' which has a pretty good strike rate for selecting the best Melbourne Cup chances each year.

Like anything 'mechanical' the system it is not infallible but in the last 52 years (last 15 years published on Racing and Sports), the System has selected 37 winners (including Delta Blues, Brew and Jeune at great odds) as well as numerous placegetters, some at excellent odds.

The rules are quite simple and have been designed to focus on the best qualified local chances coming into the big race.

Aspro's Melbourne Cup System

Rule 1 List any Cup acceptor placed in either the Caulfield Cup and MacKinnon Stakes
Rule 2 List any Cup acceptor placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the Moonee Valley Gold Cup
Rule 3 List any acceptor who was placed 1-2-3 in the Melbourne Cup at their last cup run
Rule 4 List the Lexus Stakes winner
Rule 5 Delete any horse whose last run in the Melbourne Cup was an unplaced run.
Rule 6 Delete any horse who is aged 3yo or 7yo or older.

The names of the runners left are the selections and the Group which most of the Cup winners have come from over the last 52 years.

Over this period at level stakes the System has maintained a healthy return.

Past Results of Aspro's System

Year Horse
2014 Missed
2013 Fiorente (Won 6/1)
2012 Missed
2011 Missed
2010 Maluckyday (2nd 12/1)
2009 Shocking (Won 9/1)
2008 Missed
2007 Missed
2006 Delta Blues (Won 14/1)
2005 Missed
2004 Makybe Diva (Won 5/2)
2003 Missed
2002 Mr Prudent (2nd 40/1)
2001 Ethereal (Won 9/1)
2000 Brew (Won 14/1)
1999 Rogan Josh (Won 5/1)
1998 Champagne (2nd 7/1)
1997 Might And Power (Won 7/2)
1996 Missed
1995 Doriemus (Won 10/1)
1994 Jeune (Won 16/1)
1993 Missed
1992 Veandercross (2nd 9/4)
1991 Let's Elope (Won 3/1)
1990 Mr Brooker (3rd 14/1)

Aspro's 2015 Melbourne Cup System Qualifiers

Rule 1 - Placegetters in Caulfield Cup/Mackinnon Stakes (Trip To Paris, Our Ivanhowe)
Rule 2 - 2nd to 4th in Moonee Valley Gold Cup (Prince Of Penzance)
Rule 3 - Placed in 2014 Cup (Red Cadeaux, Who Shot Thebarman)
Rule 4 - Winner of Lexus Stakes (Excess Knowledge)
Rule 5 - (NIL)
Rule 6 - (Delete Red Cadeaux/Who Shot Thebarman because of age)

2015 Cup System Final Qualifiers

(4) Our Ivanhowe, (10) Trip To Paris, (19) Prince Of Penzance, (23) Excess Knowledge

Good Luck

Bump

Not sure if it nailed the winner last year though

Bump

Not sure if it nailed the winner last year though

No but the year before was a 100-1 winner. That tides you over for a while.

Also I know I posted this forum link before but Todman has been on fire of late with his roughies.
Boom time at 50s and Venguer Mosque at 36s in early markets for the Geelong cup.

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/...=537973&sum=1&story=Re:_RUFFIES_-_2017#540465

If you like a roughie this thread throws out a few. You learn who to follow after a while and remember they are roughies so there will be weeks between winners sometimes but then a rich vein.

Who's everyone on for the cup?

I'm on boom time. Combo of Caulfield cup and the name lol, no expert analysis here...

I'm on Big Duke, purely because it's an outstanding name.

I'll have a look properly tonight but I've had my eye on Johannes Vermeer for a while....@MaroubraBroncos thoughts? @Dexter @mieko

I'll have a look properly tonight but I've had my eye on Johannes Vermeer for a while....@MaroubraBroncos thoughts? @Dexter @mieko

Hard race for me this year and I've backed 3 of the last 4 so I'm due for a miss.

I like Amelies Star, already on at 26s and again at 21s.
Top 4 selection are Humidor, Amelies Star, Marmelo and Rekindling.

Best roughie Single Gaze and will def put Joannes Vermeer, Wall of Fire, Big Duke, Ventura Storm, Almandin and Tiberian in my multis.

Last edited:
Rule 1 List any Cup acceptor placed in either the Caulfield Cup and MacKinnon Stakes
Rule 2 List any Cup acceptor placed 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the Moonee Valley Gold Cup
Rule 3 List any acceptor who was placed 1-2-3 in the Melbourne Cup at their last cup run
Rule 4 List the Lexus Stakes winner
Rule 5 Delete any horse whose last run in the Melbourne Cup was an unplaced run.
Rule 6 Delete any horse who is aged 3yo or 7yo or older.

This formula is compromised now because they have shifted the Mackinnon to Saturday after the cup
but these are the selections fwiw

Rule 1 Boom Time, Single Gaze Johannes Vermeer
Rule 2 Big Duke
Rule 3 Hartnell
Rule 4 Cismontane
Rule 5 None
Rule 6 Hartnell, Almandin

Selections Big Duke,Boom Time, Single Gaze, Johannes Vermeer and Cismontane.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • The Don
  • Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.