NEWS Brisbane Broncos confirm they are going after Rabbitoh Cody Walker

Read it again mate, he claimed he wanted Brisbane talent only at the Broncos, I pointed out his new favourite player wasn’t from Brisbane.
He said local didn't he? That's pretty open to interpretation, from only players born in Red Hill through to anyone from SEQ or even all over Qld, just no filthy southern scum.

Read it again mate, he claimed he wanted Brisbane talent only at the Broncos, I pointed out his new favourite player wasn’t from Brisbane.

Great player, no question, but how about we promote local talent.

No he didn’t. ‘Local’ isn’t confined to the borders of the BCC

Kind of like how the Johns bros are from Cessnock and played for Newcastle. Does that count as Newcastle producing junior talent?

We don’t have the monopoly on juniors anymore, the semantics are getting old

When I think of local, in Bronco's terms, it's north of the old fruit fly line all the way to PNG, with honorary slack cut to Islanders and Kiwis who've done some early yards in the QLD sun. Like Benji Marshall.

But we have to turn a blind eye occasionally and let in a few southern riff raff.

An old girlfriend of mine used to have all kinds of problems with written comprehension. Everyone assumed she was dumb as a plank. Turned out she simply needed glasses.

Last edited:
An old girlfriend of mine used to have all kinds of problems with written comprehension. Everyone assumed she was dumb as a plank. Turned out she simply needed glasses.
Why are you going after @1910? He's a great poster with an abundance of NRL knowledge. He merely stated that Turpin is from Ipswich when you spoke about bringing up local talent. Technically he's right and wouldn't have known about your specifications (fruit flies?) regarding what you classify as "local".

Take it easy mate, no one cares about your girlfriends who are old.

No to Walker and Gburgess.
Old and unneeded.
We are on the right track we just need to supplement in the right possie with Boyds cash
Totally agree. No to Walker because he'll become one and forwards we've got covered. I do think Milfords days are numbered though and we'll need a 5/8 later on but not an overpriced 'superstar'

Tannah Boyd might be our next five eigth, or even Paix. Would be awesome if 2 out of 3 of these juniours became our 6 and 7.

Don’t agree Milford’s days are numbered, he won the Porky Morgan medal last year and multiple MOTM performances this year. The club hold him in very high esteem and talk about him being back in the Origin set up has started again, so I don’t see a player like this not being wanted.

Do not want Cody though. He would have been good for us 2-3 years ago when ironically, IIRC Bennett didn’t want him... But 2020 onwards?

No thanks.

Last edited:
What an absolute rubbish series of articles there. Not one single quote from anyone at the Broncos saying they are interested, not even a 'paraphrased' quote. Pure speculation masquerading as inside info. 'Journalism' is absolute rubbish these days.

Don’t agree Milford’s days are numbered, he won the Porky Morgan medal last year and multiple MOTM performances this year. The club hold him in very high esteem and talk about him being back in the Origin set up has started again, so I don’t see a player like this not being wanted.

Do not want Cody though. He would have been good for us 2-3 years ago when ironically, IIRC Bennett didn’t want him... But 2020 onwards?

No thanks.

He says he was coming to us until Souths tacked an extra year onto his deal. At his age so early in his first grade career it’s understandable

Why are you going after @1910? He's a great poster with an abundance of NRL knowledge. He merely stated that Turpin is from Ipswich when you spoke about bringing up local talent. Technically he's right and wouldn't have known about your specifications (fruit flies?) regarding what you classify as "local".

Take it easy mate, no one cares about your girlfriends who are old.

He posted it and his following responses in his typical style of ‘I’m in the know and therefore my posts carry more weight, regardless of relevance’

What an absolute rubbish series of articles there. Not one single quote from anyone at the Broncos saying they are interested, not even a 'paraphrased' quote. Pure speculation masquerading as inside info. 'Journalism' is absolute rubbish these days.

Would it surprise anyone if stories are just made using a random generator?

He says he was coming to us until Souths tacked an extra year onto his deal. At his age so early in his first grade career it’s understandable

There you go. One more reason I don’t want him here. If he is willing to not come to us just for an extra year at Souths, he can stay there for all I care.

I can’t blame him, TBF. He’s tasted so much success due to Souths giving him a chance so late in his career.

Sure and no issue with that. Good luck to him, I say.

At Souths...

He posted it and his following responses in his typical style of ‘I’m in the know and therefore my posts carry more weight, regardless of relevance’
He was only stating a fact though, not sure why you're getting worked up over it? Turpin is from Ipswich, the Broncos are from Brisbane. That's all he said, regardless of your inflection.

This is getting off topic mate.

Cody would be 31 when he comes here and realistically would only have 2 years left in him.

If he came at a good price and we bought a youngster with the aim of having him take over when Walker calls time, I could accept the signing.

Found this statue predicting the coming of Turpin.

Hermes

Active Now

• Battler
  • Lazza
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.