NEWS Brisbane Broncos confirm they are going after Rabbitoh Cody Walker

BroncsFan

NRL Player
So where did Bennett warn the Broncos??

And was this apparent warning only for the Broncos or would it be for the 6 other alleged clubs as well.

It's like they're forcing this rumour down everyone's throats when in reality no one really gives a shit about it. No doubt Seibold will get asked through the week and he will say he hasn't heard anything but he's not part of everything the recruitment and retention team do.... courier mail will come out and indicate that Broncos haven't ruled out signing Cody and on the wheel will turn

I can't see how this is really anything to Broncos fans or the casual observer. I guess the Sydney media think people are interested in reading about Cody because of his start, but the blues won't pick him and no one really cares... he was doing the same stuff last year FFS

Why is no one reporting on Broncos clearing the decks to make a play at Ponga???

Now that's a fucking story!!

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Shhh... let's make this shit happen Ponga2022
since we'd be making shit up anyway, why wait until 2022...

how about

"Ponga is secretly trying to secure his immediate release from the Knights to link with the Brisbane Broncos before June 30"

damn .. i'm so good, i could get paid to do this stuff :P

Sproj

International Rep
since we'd be making shit up anyway, why wait until 2022...

how about

"Ponga is secretly trying to secure his immediate release from the Knights to link with the Brisbane Broncos before June 30"

damn .. i'm so good, i could get paid to do this stuff :P
Now, let's give it traction:

"Sources affiliated with the Broncos inner workings have said should Ponga gain a release, they have the cap space to take him on this year. Broncoshq insiders are quietly confident they have landed their best player since the GI fiasco."

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Now, let's give it traction:

"Sources affiliated with the Broncos inner workings have said should Ponga gain a release, they have the cap space to take him on this year. Broncoshq insiders are quietly confident they have landed their best player since the GI fiasco."
Well done... Lurker won't even have to write anything just copy/paste... although he'll change BHQ to "sources close to the organisation"

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Ponga is quietly unhappy playing with a team that is perennially struggling, and is looking forward to playing for a team that is just newly struggling.

"I'm definitely looking forward to adding to the Broncos' skillset. Pearcey here has a massive right foot step that he always uses near the opposition line, and it's pathetically ineffective. If I can pass on plays like that to their rookie half, it'd make losing games that much simpler".

Ponga has also gained experience in how to best mismanage a balanced team under the salary cap, witnessing the Knights spend overs to recruit opposition teams' surplus players.

"For sure, mate. Watching their books get clogged up with shithouse players like Ese'ese, Glasby, Pearce, Mann & Buhrer, it's a real lesson on how to fill that cap up real fast. We were all laughing the other day on how there was a time we were spending nearly 2 million a year on those Mata'utia brothers, man, where did that money go?".

Fitting such players in to a Brisbane roster that is only new to cap mismanagement is going to be a tricky task, but with such a high turnover of coaches these days, it is getting easier to find disenfranchised players who are out for big contracts, way beyond their skillset. One such player Brisbane are eyeing off is Eels bed-shitter Mitchell Moses. Moses has a fantastic no-look cutout pass that has been hugely successful in going over the sidelines or being ripe for opposition players to intercept, but with approximately one in twenty hitting the mark, has managed to make enough highlight reels to keep desperate clubs interested. Brisbane are keeping an eye on him, and sources close to the club have intimated that his high-risk, low-reward, low-IQ plays are the sort of thing a $1.5 million a year player must attempt on a regular basis to revolutionise a salary-cap clusterfuck.

QCup Player
Ponga - pass. Easy to read him, and his ego gets the better of him in games. Would rather throw the money at Walker or TPJ.

Alec

International Rep
Ponga - pass. Easy to read him, and his ego gets the better of him in games. Would rather throw the money at Walker or TPJ.
Disagree, Ponga is probably the best ball playing fullback in the comp (an actual ball player who can create space for his outside men, not just a finisher IMO), has fantastic footwork and good support play. I dunno about his supposed bad attitude, but even Boyd had shitty attitude in the past too.

I'd definitely make Ponga our number 1 priority, unless Reece Walsh ends up being a huge gun too.

Last edited:

Matheos

BRL Player
Sydney
This Cody Walker story is just an easy sell for eyeballs. You have an ex-coach with one club struggling for results and the player performing unbelievably. It's simple Rugby League journo maths. You know, 2+2 = 5 stuff.

In reality, Walker doesn't improve us long-term and signing him means either Milford moves positions or is moved on .... or they play in the halves together and we experience a slightly better version of Milf/Knik with no game management.
We're clearly investing in young Dearden and with Milford still 24 years old, we have the potential to see a sustained and successful halves pairing to build the club around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Highlights