NEWS Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

Alcohol slows healing ...
If you are a professional you should be doing everything in your power to prepare for work . Getting paralytic a cpl of days after you started a healing rehab prog is immature and irresponsible .

As a senior player it is substandard behaviour .

Again though, you are talking about him like he is constantly on the grog, which he isn't, and you are also comparing him to somebody who doesn't have an addiction.

Never said constantly on the grog ...
I said "Getting paralytic a cpl of days after you started a healing rehab prog is immature and irresponsible . "

Last edited:
I know what’s affecting his attitude- the bloody mo and rats tail. Lose them both and he’ll be back to his old self (minus the drinking of course) !

Looking at his pic there he looks terribly bloated in the face compared to a few months ago.

Wish he would wise up.

He must in a very bad place right now if even Bennett said he won’t get signed by the rabbits.

He must in a very bad place right now if even Bennett said he won’t get signed by the rabbits.

He needs to get up off the mat and appreciate how blessed he is.

Last edited:
Maybe Seibold and his staff have come to the same conclusion I did. Roberts stank it up on purpose against Souffs, hoping to get a release with Broncos picking up a very large % of his salary for the next 2.5 year or so. The best way to do it would be to stink it up badly but he was so bad, it looked too flagrant to me.

If his form and attitude dictate that he rots in ISC until he requests a release so we can cut ties without cost to us then so be it.

I would hope he sorts his shit out though and earns his spot back. When in form he is awesome.

I just don’t know what’s wrong with the guy. On his day (roosters last year) he can win you a game out of nowhere and he looks like a world beater. This year he has looked bored and disinterested like he doesn’t care.

If he does come back into the team he needs to get more involved. Whether we feed him more ball earlier or in attack he switches to fullback when we are coming out of our own end and he trails up the centre with the likes of Pangai and Haas looking for an offload.

I really hope he can get it together and find it in himself to want to play well again for the broncos. We need a fit, fast, competitive Roberts on the field.

Seems to me like Roberts is, and always will be, "troubled".

Bennett knew this and was willing to work with him, knowing that getting him to perform on the field would leave him feeling content off the field, creating an upward trend for him.

Seibold on the other hand is taking a harder stance, that if you're not mentally up for it, the Broncos aren't your club.

Neither coaching style is correct, they're just different, and the Broncos are going in Seibold's direction and that's just the way it is.

Wouldn't surprise me if Seibold is challenging Roberts, in the same way as the pre-season had certain players wearing the playing jersey etc.

At the moment he's in the 21 but outside the 17. If he shows a fantastic attitude and works his arse off, like anyone, he can force his way in. Until then, it's Shiba's jersey to lose.

The way I see it is Roberts is a symptom of philosophy change. As is our poor start.

I said something similar a few weeks ago Seibs expects your best every minute you show up. To train and on game day, everything about your game is measured and recorded. Hard conversations are had in systems like this because your failures are put to you to improve. Some people just can't deal with criticism, being constructive or not.

Roberts is one of these people. The moment it clicks for him and he stops looking for an easy out, his game will go to another level. Wayne didn't change Roberts as a person he was a crutch for Roberts.

Isaako may be another who has found the criticism to get in his head. His goal kicking has been poor and is an example of an internal struggle with doubt. The moment he frees himself from that doubt and realises he can be better he will be a weapon.

This probably can be said about most of our guys. Once the penny drops they can view their personal shortcomings as a challenge. They will naturally start to improve their overall performances.

Look at Offa and TPJ once the gap between their poor games and best games are nearly unnoticed they will be two of the best in the league.

Haas already has it and arguably so does Lodge, the next step for these two is to get better. The younger fellows will be the real winners here as they will have clear direction on what is needed. Staggs, Fleggler and Carrington are examples.

The way I see it is Roberts is a symptom of philosophy change. As is our poor start.

I said something similar a few weeks ago Seibs expects your best every minute you show up. To train and on game day, everything about your game is measured and recorded. Hard conversations are had in systems like this because your failures are put to you to improve. Some people just can't deal with criticism, being constructive or not.

Roberts is one of these people. The moment it clicks for him and he stops looking for an easy out, his game will go to another level. Wayne didn't change Roberts as a person he was a crutch for Roberts.

Isaako may be another who has found the criticism to get in his head. His goal kicking has been poor and is an example of an internal struggle with doubt. The moment he frees himself from that doubt and realises he can be better he will be a weapon.

This probably can be said about most of our guys. Once the penny drops they can view their personal shortcomings as a challenge. They will naturally start to improve their overall performances.

Look at Offa and TPJ once the gap between their poor games and best games are nearly unnoticed they will be two of the best in the league.

Haas already has it and arguably so does Lodge, the next step for these two is to get better. The younger fellows will be the real winners here as they will have clear direction on what is needed. Staggs, Fleggler and Carrington are examples.
Brilliant post.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.