NEWS Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

a few weeks ago this little beauty supposedly happened, and it is probably my favorite rugby league gossip story ever:
Seibold called Roberts out in the team video review for a poor defensive decision.
Seibold asked Roberts to explain why he did this.
Roberts replied and this is supposedly a direct quote: ‘because you told us to in the prep you derrick’.
Seibold then blew up deluxe and has led to him being banished to reserve grade
I read this over on reddit, so am taking it with a jar of salt but still. Can anyone confirm/deny it happened? I mean his attitide isn't amazing but the idea of someone calling their coach a 'derrick' just gives me the smiles galore

I read this over on reddit, so am taking it with a jar of salt but still. Can anyone confirm/deny it happened? I mean his attitide isn't amazing but the idea of someone calling their coach a 'derrick' just gives me the smiles galore

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a ‘Derrick’?

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a ‘Derrick’?
It's nothing, Derrick's just a bloke's name. That's what tickles my funny bone so much, you may well call someone a 'Jake' or a 'Cameron.'

Last edited:
Seibold isn't Indigenous, at least I don't think he is.

He's of German and English/Irish descent.

Shibasaki defensive reads on Manly were atrocious, a forward pass saved his hide from copping all the blame if we'd have lost.
He is this years version of Jonus Pearson, solid Q cup player but all fumbles and stumbles at the top level.

Roberts is a match winner, Roberts has done his time for insubordination.
If Shibasaki gets the nod over Jimmy, the coach is one vindictive SOB.

Shibasaki defensive reads on Manly were atrocious, a forward pass saved his hide from copping all the blame if we'd have lost.
He is this years version of Jonus Pearson, solid Q cup player but all fumbles and stumbles at the top level.

Or Shibasaki is just showing a better attitude.

Roberts has acted like a spoilt brat, to say he’s serve his time is a disgrace.

Instead of blaming the coach, why not applaud him for having the balls to drop the spoilt SOB

If Roberts said that, he needs to go. It’s almost as bad as Warney’s comments about Buchanan.

Nothing worse in a workplace than disrespect regardless if you disagree with the decisions made. Take it up professionally.

If Roberts said that, he needs to go. It’s almost as bad as Warney’s comments about Buchanan.

Nothing worse in a workplace than disrespect regardless if you disagree with the decisions made. Take it up professionally.

Where has this honesty session been for our illustrious fullback? Maybe Roberts has just had it up to here with double standards.

Last edited:
Honesty about playing standards is miles different to disrespect for management. Sort your differences out behind closed doors

Last edited:
Where has this honesty session been for our illustrious fullback? Maybe Roberts has just had it up to here with double standards.

captains always get more leeway than the rest of the team ... happens in every team sport around the world ... and you could see just how much this team supports their captain, when they celebrated Boyd's try on the weekend

if Roberts didn't want to get dropped maybe he should have acted like he actually gave a shit ...

hell even with the injuries in the centers for NSW, he was barely getting talked about as an option

Last edited:
Race or hertiage has sweet F/A to do with anything here. If that becomes an argument - jump on the next bus. He was dropped for attitude and form. Obviously a lot more to it than we are told. I also highly doubt Seibold would have enforced such a stance without consideration of the senior group in the team - probably Boyd and Glenn. To stand firm like this will require everyone to be on board

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.