Broncos close to signing Folau

The Rock said:
ALH, it's not like we have that freedom though. broncos will pay players for what they are worth and no more.

Falou will never be worth 400k unless he becomes another Tuqiri. I'd offer Falou $350 over the next 3 years if Falou wanted to take it.

I think we are short 1 top quality outside back and Folau will be better than Tuquri.

The Rock said:
ALH, it's not like we have that freedom though. broncos will pay players for what they are worth and no more.

Falou will never be worth 400k unless he becomes another Tuqiri. I'd offer Falou $350 over the next 3 years if Falou wanted to take it.

will we even have $350k for him... unless you just meant 350 dollars only :lol:

MELBOURNE chief executive Brian Waldron fired his last shot in the fight to keep Israel Folau, warning the teenager against trading success for money.

Folau will contemplate his future over the weekend, the 18-year-old faced with offers believed to be worth $400,000 a season for three years at the Bulldogs and Brisbane.

Due to salary cap constraints the Storm are unable to match the inflated figures thrown at Folau elsewhere, but Waldron said the reigning premiers offered the best guarantee of success.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trading money for success wont be an issue if he comes to us

bfoord said:
The Rock said:

will we even have $350k for him... unless you just meant 350 dollars only :lol:

hehehehehe

It was reported that we will offer him $400K over 3 yrs - but you can't believe the papers.

$350k would be more realistic.

I agree $350 000 is a good price for Folau!

What about the likes of Inu, Inglis, Bowen, Merrit?

Brisbane will need a good bid to grab Folau!

The kid is getting a bit ahead of himself I think, maybe in a few more years he can ask for 500k. He would be the highest paid NRL player for his ager ever if he takes even 350k, correct?

Personally I think he has a lot of defensive deficiencies that he has to fix before he is worth anywhere near 400-500k range. Personally I think losing Timanah Tahu to union is a massive blow to league, he was far and away the best overall centre going around imo.

The Broncos are stupid if they are going to offer a rook 400-500k who is yet to prove himself consistency in the NRL. maybe in 3 years time we can talk about that kind of money with Izzy, but until then he has to earn it i reckon.

i was having a great night till i read this..Mick and GC, guys....how old do we have to feel? really did you have to bring it up? i seriously feel old right now! :cry:

i so dont think he's worth 500......yet. i think 200 a season for 18yo is plenty enough.

Je$ter said:
Personally I think he has a lot of defensive deficiencies that he has to fix before he is worth anywhere near 400-500k range. Personally I think losing Timanah Tahu to union is a massive blow to league, he was far and away the best overall centre going around imo.

The Broncos are stupid if they are going to offer a rook 400-500k who is yet to prove himself consistency in the NRL. maybe in 3 years time we can talk about that kind of money with Izzy, but until then he has to earn it i reckon.

I agree with everything here. Tahu is a tragic loss for the game he is the one of the most gifted 3/4 players I have seen and was (along with hodges) the games outstanding centre last season.

Je$ter said:
Personally I think losing Timanah Tahu to union is a massive blow to league, he was far and away the best overall centre going around imo.

I agree Tahu was and is absolute quality, but I really don't think losing him was a "big blow" for league. Not too sure on the "best overall centre" claim either tbh.

He was top shelf, surely, but look at the strength of the talent we have in the competition. Tahu's gone, yes, so that leaves...

Hodges, Gasnier, Cooper, Bell, Inu, Hayne, Inglis and Folau still running around. And that's just the list of those who I think are directly comparable with the skills of Tahu, just off the top of my head.

I would be happy if broncos signed but nothing over 400 k a season thanks

Forgot to add it before, but I also think Folau's manager is very keen to get him signed *somewhere/anywhere* before we're more than a couple of games through this season.

We've often seen players suffer from "second year syndrome"... something which can't be proved after just one or two games. But if Izzy goes missing and has a cod ordinary four months while still unsigned beyond this year, it could really cool down the bidding process.

mick! said:
Forgot to add it before, but I also think Folau's manager is very keen to get him signed *somewhere/anywhere* before we're more than a couple of games through this season.

We've often seen players suffer from "second year syndrome"... something which can't be proved after just one or two games. But if Izzy goes missing and has a cod ordinary four months while still unsigned beyond this year, it could really cool down the bidding process.

Very good point.

I think a decison will be made before Rd1

He's worth as much as one is willing to pay for him!

Attacking wise I'd probably be inclined to agree with you mick! but I think defensivley Tahu was a cut above the rest. Can hit but on the flipside can also read the play pretty well.

Je$ter said:
Attacking wise I'd probably be inclined to agree with you mick! but I think defensivley Tahu was a cut above the rest. Can hit but on the flipside can also read the play pretty well.

Yeah defensively the guy is a beast and creatively in attack I don't think there is anyone better. Hodges however is a much stronger and damaging runner of the football.

Forget about him (Folau) and bring back scotty minto :D :D :D :D :D

minto-man said:
Forget about him (Folau) and bring back scotty minto :D :D :D :D :D

While we are at it lets lure back Meyers, Carlaw, Kelly, and Bott

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Maddy
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.