Broncos close to signing Folau

That point doesn't really matter, just for the fact that any player could play with the beset 5/8 and the games most successful coach even for a year is enough motivation. Besides locky may well and truly go through to 2010. Another point, it's really only Melbourne and Brisbane in the race and it is highly likely Bellamy will replace bennet (not immediately though) so in any case Melbourne aren't in a much better position future wise.

I almost wish he didn't come here, so Michaels can play stay/play centre. :grin:

Michaels > Folau.

kimlo said:
That point doesn't really matter, just for the fact that any player could play with the beset 5/8 and the games most successful coach even for a year is enough motivation. Besides locky may well and truly go through to 2010. Another point, it's really only Melbourne and Brisbane in the race and it is highly likely Bellamy will replace bennet (not immediately though) so in any case Melbourne aren't in a much better position future wise.

But if he does come to Brisbane, he wont play under the most succesful coach??? [icon_confu

Well i forgot about that hahahah :P I was forgot bennet is stopping a year early lol. In any case i have so much confidence that Bellamy will be his replacement. no Micheal's not > falou, I don't think they'll boot Micheal's for him either. They'll probably get rid of kemp and joel moon (who in all honestly is overrated)

kimlo said:
Well i forgot about that hahahah :P I was forgot bennet is stopping a year early lol. In any case i have so much confidence that Bellamy will be his replacement. no Micheal's not > falou, I don't think they'll boot Micheal's for him either. They'll probably get rid of kemp and joel moon (who in all honestly is overrated)

Just out of interest Kimlo, why do you think Moon is overated?

kimlo said:
Yes, Michaels > Folau.

I don't really see anything that special about Folau yet...all he did last year was finish off a few tries. His defense was pretty shocking though.

Well, moon every time he is in the side doesn't seem to play well. In fact i think perry would be better at centre (haha prob not :P) compared to darious, boyd and hodgo he is definitely not the player e is made out 2 b. well the fact is we haven't had a winger we could kick to for tires for a fairly long time, getting falou to the broncos will just add another dimension in our game and another level of unpredictability.

We were told that along time ago, havn't seen anyting. israel falou has proven himself to be a rep player at every level for the future and a great try scorer, defense improves with experience. I've seen nothing special from moon, not in QLDcup or NRL

Alec said:
kimlo said:
Yes, Michaels > Folau.

I don't really see anything that special about Folau yet...all he did last year was finish off a few tries. His defense was pretty shocking though.

Playing on the end of the Melb backline makes it easy scoring tries.

In saying that some of the tries involved leaping above players and carrying 3 or 4 players (his debut try for Aust was a prime example).

He still has plenty of improvement in his game, but it is pretty obvious about his potential and throw in his size, speed and strength, Israel will be a genuine superstar in a few years.

I think if we pick him up at the $$$ being reported he is a bargain.

It is hard finding a quality centre.

Look at the try he set up last night for Tagatese - pace, size, strength...

The kid is good - no question about it!

ALH said:
Alec said:
kimlo said:
Yes, Michaels > Folau.

Playing on the end of the Melb backline makes it easy scoring tries.

In saying that some of the tries involved leaping above players and carrying 3 or 4 players (his debut try for Aust was a prime example).

He still has plenty of improvement in his game, but it is pretty obvious about his potential and throw in his size, speed and strength, Israel will be a genuine superstar in a few years.

I think if we pick him up at the $$$ being reported he is a bargain.

It is hard finding a quality centre.

But aren't the $$$ being reported around 400k a year... i don't think we could afford that or even if we could we should not offer that... currently i wouldn't pay more than about 250K a year for him... having said that, i would love to see him in Broncos Colours.

I'm pretty sure if we were signing Folau today, a press conference of some sort would've already been announced.

Yea interesting, I thought by now they would have said something maybe tommorow then. Ah well but falou is definitely all quality. Beautiful try he set up for tagatese last night. Saying he is work 250 k i think is a bit silly considering thats what the bulldogs offer tonga approximately. Not to mention mark gasnier is a centre he gets about 500k he is not twice as good as falou

MELBOURNE Storm directors considered withdrawing the club's offer to Israel Folau at a board meeting this month.

As the race to sign Folau slows to snail pace, Melbourne directors, still bitter at the manner in which former halfback Matt Orford left the club in 2006, discussed whether it would be in their best interests to withdraw the three-year $1 million-dollar deal.

The directors feared Folau, 18, had already struck a deal with Brisbane and they were being used as a pawn for his manager to bump his star client's price up.

The discussions took place at a board meeting at Storm headquarters on March 14 – the start of the NRL season.

The directors elected to keep the deal on the table after being convinced Folau was truly torn between remaining in Melbourne or returning to Brisbane.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

kimlo said:
Yea interesting, I thought by now they would have said something maybe tommorow then. Ah well but falou is definitely all quality. Beautiful try he set up for tagatese last night. Saying he is work 250 k i think is a bit silly considering thats what the bulldogs offer tonga approximately. Not to mention mark gasnier is a centre he gets about 500k he is not twice as good as falou

You need to remember, the money they pay him is in no way indicitive on what he offers on the field, its the whole package. Marketability, merchandise sales, crowd figures all contribute to justifying a players wage. SBW is the perfect example.

If Brisbane were to snare Folau, how much money would they make on the gates for that year with extra attendances, jersey sales etc?

Brisbane's offer is apparently less than the Storms, according to the reports the Storms offer is roughly $1 million over three years. (around 333K a year)

Brisbane have always been very sensible in what they offer players, they have probably offered falou 300k a season 320k max IMO

kimlo said:
Brisbane have always been very sensible in what they offer players, they have probably offered falou 300k a season 320k max IMO
I think Folau is prepared to take that cut if he is so keen on being closer to his family, and knowing that Bellamy might be at reins in 2010' at the Broncos.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • HarryAllan7
  • kiwibronco
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Spoon
  • theshed
  • Lazza
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.