Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Nikorima, punt Milford and sign somebody who has half a footy brain and can comprehend what it takes to actually win a game of footy. Nikorima is just as good at Milford for 1/5 the price. At least Nikorima looks dangerous with ball in hand. Milford is a shadow of his 2015 former self where he made line break after line break. I’ve had enough of him running around in circles like a headless chook in the middle of the field. The money that’s left over from Milford’s ridiculously high contract can be used to re-sign somebody else.

Question. Who in our current squad would you be throwing that left over big money at ?

Question. Who in our current squad would you be throwing that left over big money at ?

I’d be throwing half of Milford’s money at any decent half with some type of a footy brain because it’s become apparent that there isn’t one between our two halves at the moment and the left over can be used to retain TPJ, Oates or whoever else is coming off contract.

I don’t know what halves are coming off contract but we don’t need a superstar. We need somebody who can guide the team around the park and knows what it takes to win a game. Out of the Blake Green mould. I honestly think Nikorima would benefit and flourish with a halves partner like that.

Last edited:
Keep Nikorima, punt Milford and sign somebody who has half a footy brain and can comprehend what it takes to actually win a game of footy. Nikorima is just as good at Milford for 1/5 the price. At least Nikorima looks dangerous with ball in hand. Milford is a shadow of his 2015 former self where he made line break after line break. I’ve had enough of him running around in circles like a headless chook in the middle of the field. The money that’s left over from Milford’s ridiculously high contract can be used to re-sign somebody else.

How do we punt Milf?

Why do some people think we haven't tried to solve the halfback and hooker issue. Bennett chased Cam Smith and Ash Taylor.

How do we punt Milf?

Why do some people think we haven't tried to solve the halfback and hooker issue. Bennett chased Cam Smith and Ash Taylor.

Lockyer thinks we need to go in the other direction and double down on Milf. Put the No.7 on him, give him the keys to the castle and let him sink or swim. Make him take control of this rabble.

Doesn’t say who would be 5/8, but I’d probably lean towards Bird for much the same reason as people want Boyd there, bigger body etc.

Knick can go to the bench and slot in as a utility as needed (ie: to add some spark and to stop McC derping it up).

Staggs and Roberts into the centres, otherwise the team stays the same. Couldn’t make us any worse?

Lockyer thinks we need to go in the other direction and double down on Milf. Put the No.7 on him, give him the keys to the castle and let him sink or swim. Make him take control of this rabble.

Doesn’t say who would be 5/8, but I’d probably lean towards Bird for much the same reason as people want Boyd there, bigger body etc.

Knick can go to the bench and slot in as a utility as needed (ie: to add some spark and to stop McC derping it up).

Staggs and Roberts into the centres, otherwise the team stays the same. Couldn’t make us any worse?

Don't mind it , not to crazy but a shake up.

How do we punt Milf?

I know we can’t just punt him. I’m just saying in a perfect world.

Does Lockyer think having a different jersey going to change things?

It makes no sense to me. Seibold already said during the press conference that Milf is the main man. Maybe it's a psychological thing?

They both know their own games and each others and have done so, since they were kids. They both know they are ball runners first. For all intents and purposes they play the same type of game and we are screwing up both of them, by trying to change them.

This to me is putting the focus crystal clear on Milford, step up and earn your pay check buddy and hopefully he can become the actual star we all hope he will and is being paid to be. If he steps up, excellent. If he doesn’t? Well at least we did something to try and change the current situation...

Last edited:
They both know their own games and each others and have done so, since they were kids. They both know they are ball runners first. For all intents and purposes they play the same type of game and we are screwing up both of them, by trying to change them.

This to me is putting the focus crystal clear on Milford, step up and earn your pay check buddy and hopefully he can become the actual star we all hope he will and is being paid to be. If he steps up, excellent. If he doesn’t? Well at least we did something to try and change the current situation...

I agree with all that, I just don't see how Lockyer thinks changing their numbers is going to change anything. Milford is already doing all he can to pretend he's the halfback of the side, even with the 6 jersey on.

My read is that Lockyer wants Milford to change his approach. Instead of staying on an edge and calling the odd set-play, he wants him there at first receiver and playing that Mitchell Pearce style role, similar to how JT became the dominant playmaker in 2014-15 after years of trying to take the heat off of him.

It's worth pointing out that Milford was always a 7 before being promoted to the Raiders Under 20s where they just said 'play him anywhere' and took his development for granted.

Well, we might as well do whatever they want to do, so if he fails we have no excuses not to re-sign him, or sign him at a fraction of the price.

I am in favour of Milf to half, Bird to 5/8, Macca for the opening 20-25 with Knik to 14 as his relief. I would persist with Boyd at fullback because I believe his season will improve. I'd tell Bird to takeover the captaincy and put him in charge of the onfield direction. I'd start Lodge and the old head Taga with the simplest of instruction for Taga. Hard straight and hold the middle. I'd keep Gilette and Glen as starters. The bench would be Haas, TPJ, Knik and the final spot Fifita, Offa, Flegler, Carrigan, Sua slugfest. The deal would be that only Haas and Knik are reasonably certain with the other two spots up for grabs. Shine and you get next week, drop and the next in line gets a shot.

One things certain though, no one from the bench gets 7 minutes! I'd use the troops I have. Staggs has to be part of the team at centre and a fit Roberts as first choice. I have faith in Oates and with Isaako I'd gamble he would come good if I stayed loyal (until proven wrong).

In my fantasy world I'd have a serious sitdown with Taga letting him know what I want and emphasizing it was the last chance to ever play first grade. I believe he could do a Harvey Howard.

So let's put that into a 17

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Jack Bird
7. Anthony Milford
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Tagataese
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. David Fifita

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Payne Haas
16. Pangai/Ofahengaue/Flegler/Carrigan/Su'A
17. Pangai/Ofahengaue/Flegler/Carrigan/Su'A

Would Pangai go to 13 or would you consider Fensom for that role @Huge?

Last edited:
My read is that Lockyer wants Milford to change his approach. Instead of staying on an edge and calling the odd set-play, he wants him there at first receiver and playing that Mitchell Pearce style role, similar to how JT became the dominant playmaker in 2014-15 after years of trying to take the heat off of him.

It's worth pointing out that Milford was always a 7 before being promoted to the Raiders Under 20s where they just said 'play him anywhere' and took his development for granted.
I would love to see Milf get into first receiver again. I think we play best when he gets his hands on the ball early. At the moment he's sitting on that left hand side watching the play similar to when he was playing with Bhunt and Benji.

When he is the first receiver and playing both sides of the field he is much more effective.

So let's put that into a 17

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Jack Bird
7. Anthony Milford
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Tagataese
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Payne Haas
16. Pangai/Fifita/Ofahengaue/Flegler/Carrigan/Su'A
17. Pangai/Fifita/Ofahengaue/Flegler/Carrigan/Su'A

Would Pangai go to 13 or would you consider Fensom for that role @Huge?
Yes, I did forget to include the lock role. My bad. No, I wouldn't include Fensom anywhere. I think Fifita has been tremendous for us everywhere he's been used and I'd happily have him there but like all fantasy filled fanatics I'd be open to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
  • Manlyman
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.