Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily telegraph reporting the eels won’t budge on their $500k offer to Gutho.
Brisbane, pull your finger out and get the bloke here for 2020 onwards!!

he wants 800k ... he'll get that from some desperate club.

we should pay much more than the Eels offer 500-600k max

he wants 800k ... he'll get that from some desperate club.

we should pay much more than the Eels offer 500-600k max

Desperate would be a Hunt or Taylor deal (1 mil+). He’s playing a lot better than a fair few million dollar players at the moment and is the form FB in the comp.

Desperate would be a Hunt or Taylor deal (1 mil+). He’s playing a lot better than a fair few million dollar players at the moment and is the form FB in the comp.

desperate is paying massive overs for a player ... in Gutho's case massive overs = 800k

but in someone with the potential and talent of Taylor massive overs tends to be a higher value like $1 million a season.

the Hunt deal doesn't really fall in to either category, this deal falls into the ... actually there are no words that would acurately describe how crazy the Hunt deal was

Id be happy giving Gutho 700-800k on current form, and the form he displayed while the eels were rubbish. He can play a few different positions, is a genuine leader and a very handy FB.
Considering milf is on 1mill p/yr, Darius around 750k, 800k would be an absolute bargain if we were looking at form and what the player would bring to the club. If Roberts is to leave, and we let either Offa or TPJ walk, I would think we could possibly make it work.

desperate is paying massive overs for a player ... in Gutho's case massive overs = 800k

but in someone with the potential and talent of Taylor massive overs tends to be a higher value like $1 million a season.

the Hunt deal doesn't really fall in to either category, this deal falls into the ... actually there are no words that would acurately describe how crazy the Hunt deal was

Bhunt has earned his money today

If we could transfer Boyd’s contract to Gutherson or Rapana that’d be great.

800k for Gutherson is pretty good.

That's about the money players like him are getting since the cap increase.

Id be happy giving Gutho 700-800k on current form, and the form he displayed while the eels were rubbish. He can play a few different positions, is a genuine leader and a very handy FB.
Considering milf is on 1mill p/yr, Darius around 750k, 800k would be an absolute bargain if we were looking at form and what the player would bring to the club. If Roberts is to leave, and we let either Offa or TPJ walk, I would think we could possibly make it work.

I dont see any club who would have the capability to take on Roberts contract. We would be crazy to subsidise it for another club.

I dont see any club who would have the capability to take on Roberts contract. We would be crazy to subsidise it for another club.
If he isn’t here next year, I too hope we aren’t paying a cent of his contract. I think a lot will depend on what happens with GI tomorrow.

If the rumours of GI taking the $$ hit to allow Souths to have cap flexibility for this year are true, we can kiss Jimmy goodbye, wouldn't be surprised if it's announced in the next 48 hours.

Last edited:
If the rumours of GI taking the $$ hit to allow Souths to have cap flexibility for this year are true, we can kiss Jimmy goodbye, wouldn't be surprised if it's announced in the next 48 hours.

Conspiracy time- Jimmy is the one who leaked the drunken photo.

Honestly wouldn't be that upset.
Jimmy on his day is unplayable but it's rare that he's on his day. Combination of injury and us not being able to give him quality ball. Least we got a good replacement in Staggs. Frees up cap space too, and a spot on the roster for one of the younger lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.