Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the GI money that Souffs will have.
Wayne could really go all out and rub salt into the wound by luring a couple of the Broncos boys south.
Realistically he would have a chance of landing TPJ + Oates or TPJ + Roberts or even Offa..
It'll be interesting.

My fingers are crossed that he takes Boyd down there, unfortunately I think they're not silly enough to do so.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the GI money that Souffs will have.
Wayne could really go all out and rub salt into the wound by luring a couple of the Broncos boys south.
Realistically he would have a chance of landing TPJ + Oates or TPJ + Roberts or even Offa..
It'll be interesting.

My fingers are crossed that he takes Boyd down there, unfortunately I think they're not silly enough to do so.

Yeah you get the feeling it’ll be at least one bronco, my guess would be TPJ. I doubt they’d be able to lure both TPJ and Oates/Roberts etc

Unfortunately Boyd’s not going anywhere, hes on a Kobe Bryant thanks for your service (without the trophies) retirement deal.

he won't take Boyd down there because Boyd doesn't want to leave ... he never wanted to leave in the first place

Sam Williams over Milford at the moment got more game management don't get me wrong Milford Is one of the most exciting players in the nrl but the current side need a game manager. I think he's defensively better as well

Mate have you seen the physique of Williams? Too many Krispy Kremes in his spare time... ahah
He is easily bottom 3 out of all the halves in the comp.

It'll be interesting.

I've heard Paul White has come out and said that the Broncos will NOT be releasing Roberts, though I can't find any link to that. Off-contract players are a different matter obviously, but I guess that is positive news, if true...

Reactions: Gaz
I've heard Paul White has come out and said that the Broncos will NOT be releasing Roberts, though I can't find any link to that. Off-contract players are a different matter obviously, but I guess that is positive news, if true...

Did he actually want one?

Sam Williams anyone?

Not totally against getting Sam Williams, but I'd still prefer someone else. What about Aidan Sezer? Perhaps he could offer us what we need. What is everyone's opinion of him these days? It seems he has fallen down the pecking order at Canberra. Maybe he just needs a change of clubs to find some form again. He has a pretty well rounded game overall with a nice left foot kicking game, and he would also add a second goal kicking option to our roster.

Not totally against getting Sam Williams, but I'd still prefer someone else. What about Aidan Sezer? Perhaps he could offer us what we need. What is everyone's opinion of him these days? It seems he has fallen down the pecking order at Canberra. Maybe he just needs a change of clubs to find some form again. He has a pretty well rounded game overall with a nice left foot kicking game, and he would also add a second goal kicking option to our roster.

I think Sezer just re-signed last year? They probably still view him as their main guy, wasn't he just injured or something?

I think Sezer just re-signed last year? They probably still view him as their main guy, wasn't he just injured or something?

Yeah I believe he was injured, but he has been overlooked the past two weeks for Williams. I think the Raiders have looked better with a Williams and Wighton halves pairing, so if that continues maybe we can sneak in and offer him a starting spot. I believe Sezer is signed until 2020, but contracts don't mean much these days.

I don't know what Roberts is on, but Rapana is off contract, I would absolutely sign him, let go of Roberts and have Staggs as our centre next year outside of Rapana. I don't know if Rapana is even interested in leaving Canberra or what sort of money he'd be chasing but given he's 30 next year I doubt he'd be looking at big money contracts and a 2 year deal would line up with Bird and Boyd's contract ending then we have big money to shuffle our backline/halves.

This is all assuming Roberts actually wants to go.

Last edited:

It most certainly is not. Have we learned nothing from the Bird, Boyd, Milf, Gillett and Macca signings?

Don’t sign guys that are not the right fit on big money and/or long deals. Gutherson is NOT a player the Broncs need.

I’d love to swap Boyd for Gutho. But unless there is a swap, he is surplus to our actual needs.

Iv'e been very vocal about going after Gutho. Now is our chance. Surely White can wave his magic and give Darius a nice paying job at the Broncos as Souffs could with GI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.