Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lot of crap. You are so hypocritical its not funny.
Boyd didnt have many, if any good games in 2018, was "playing injured" most of 2017, and has done nothing this year? how is it hypocritical? Also Gutho is like 6 years younger.

Boyd didnt have many, if any good games in 2018, was "playing injured" most of 2017, and has done nothing this year? how is it hypocritical? Also Gutho is like 6 years younger.

If you cant see it i cant help you there.

You also said 3 years since Boyd played 2 decent, not good, decent games, so that would mean 2018, 2017, 2016. You cant be stupid enough to class 2019 ( after 6 games ) as a year of football. Boyd injured his hamstring against the cowboys in 2017, so it was hardly all year playing injured. 2016 he was voted Brisbanes best and fairest. Thats hardly going to go to a player who couldn't string together 2 decent games. 2018 is the only one you have right.

I have to laugh. People going on about Boyd getting a big contract after he had an injury, then wanting to bring in Gutherson, who has had 2 ACL injuries on big money. You couldnt make it up.

The difference is one is 24 and playing very well and the other is 32 and playing like he’s collecting cheque’s just for showing up for Newcastle.

The difference is one is 24 and playing very well and the other is 32 and playing like he’s collecting cheque’s just for showing up for Newcastle.

Gutho is playing well, but having a history of 2 ACL injuries and signing him to a big money contract is very risky. I'm not questioning his ability as a player, i think he is quality, but we paid Boyd the going rate for a player of his ability in 2017 ( on a contract 2 years to long though ) then injuries caught up with him. Gutho is 25 this year and has already had 2 worse injuries than Boyd had at the same age. I dont think he is worth the risk on the type of money he is after.

Gutho is playing well, but having a history of 2 ACL injuries and signing him to a big money contract is very risky. I'm not questioning his ability as a player, i think he is quality, but we paid Boyd the going rate for a player of his ability in 2017 ( on a contract 2 years to long though ) then injuries caught up with him. Gutho is 25 this year and has already had 2 worse injuries than Boyd had at the same age. I dont think he is worth the risk on the type of money he is after.

I know you didn’t directly quote me in your original comment about people talking up Gutho though I feel like I was one of the posts you were referring too. So with that being said, I’m not saying I think Gutho is the answer to our problems, nor is he worth his asking price (not worth it to us at least), but I do think he would provide more value than Darius is currently serving up. Which is some great high ball defuses, his alleged amazing defence organisational skills (though all the other players must not be listening to him), and very little else of any worth.

I know you didn’t directly quote me in your original comment about people talking up Gutho though I feel like I was one of the posts you were referring too. So with that being said, I’m not saying I think Gutho is the answer to our problems, nor is he worth his asking price (not worth it to us at least), but I do think he would provide more value than Darius is currently serving up. Which is some great high ball defuses, his alleged amazing defence organisational skills (though all the other players must not be listening to him), and very little else of any worth.

It wasnt one of yours mate tbh.

You’re naive if you think Boyd was going to sign for any other club, we paid overs for a player on the wrong side of 30 mate.

You’re naive if you think Boyd was going to sign for any other club, we paid overs for a player on the wrong side of 30 mate.

I never said he was signing for another club. His contract length as i keep saying was wrong, but his value was pretty much spot on at the time. He is only overpaid now with the benefit of hindsight.

Last edited:

I personally think he is surplus to requirements ... we can spend big money he is asking better elsewhere.

IMO we should be moving Bird to the back, he offers everything Gutho would and more.

I think Boyd still offers us some value, but he needs to end his career in the centers.

we need to spend our spare cash on a game controlling halfback and a dynamic hooker. hopefully one of our young halves can fill our needs in the halfback role, then we can go to the market of a hooker. if we fix those two positions, then we will take a lot of pressure off Milf and he can be our x-factor and game breaker (a role that he would excel in and then he would finally be able to justify his salary)

Last edited:
I never said he was signing for another club. His contract length as i keep saying was wrong, but his value was pretty much spot on at the time. He is only overpaid now with the benefit of hindsight.
That's not true. He got the contract at the end of 2017, after his injury and a below par season outside of it. I would agree with you if it was at the time he got his (deserved at the time) captaincy.

Umm Milford won Broncos best and fairest last year. Clearly it isn't hard to get...
If you cant see it i cant help you there.

You also said 3 years since Boyd played 2 decent, not good, decent games, so that would mean 2018, 2017, 2016. You cant be stupid enough to class 2019 ( after 6 games ) as a year of football. Boyd injured his hamstring against the cowboys in 2017, so it was hardly all year playing injured. 2016 he was voted Brisbanes best and fairest. Thats hardly going to go to a player who couldn't string together 2 decent games. 2018 is the only one you have right.

I personally think he is surplus to requirements ... we can spend big money he is asking better elsewhere.

IMO we should be moving Bird to the back, he offers everything Gutho would and more.

I think Boyd still offers us some value, but he needs to end his career in the centers.

we need to spend our spare cash on a game controlling halfback and a dynamic hooker. hopefully one of our young halves can fill our needs in the halfback role, then we can go to the market of a hooker. if we fix those two positions, then we will take a lot of pressure off Milf and he can be our x-factor and game breaker (a role that he would excel in and then he would finally be able to justify his salary)

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly.

That's not true. He got the contract at the end of 2017, after his injury and a below par season outside of it. I would agree with you if it was at the time he got his (deserved at the time) captaincy.

It is true. You arent that stupid that you think his contract talks only started after he got injured when i'm fairly sure it was even in the press we had been negotiating all season. Its not like all of a sudden he got injured then quickly got himself a huge new contract. When did he pick up his hamstring injury, round 25 or 26 against the cows? Thats fairly late on in the year.

I dont think he was sub par in 2017 either, i do think his form dipped around Origin time when he lost his spot to Billy tbf.

Umm Milford won Broncos best and fairest last year. Clearly it isn't hard to get...

Probably about right as well. He toughed it out last year and did ok. Seeing as its voted on by coaching staff and players they would know what he went through to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.