Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Garry telling it like it is...

*The Wayne Bennett version of Darius Boyd’s contract was this week run by the NRL’s website. It is very different than what most at Brisbane recount of how the four year deal was done. As with most things, the truth lies in the middle. Ultimately, Bennett, the recruitment committee and board are to blame. But Boyd is not on 800k season. His deal averages out to be around 600k a year.
Really cool how no one is quoted other than 'most at Brisbane'. Quite rightly blame is shared and I remember writing a few times I thought his contract was around the 600k mark. Gee, I copped a bit of flak over that but I feel as though I was right to maintain my stance on both points.

If we're going to sign anyone for FB then we should seriously consider the next big superstar. I'm talking about Canberra's Nicol-klokstad.

Mark my words he will be something special in the coming years.

If we're going to sign anyone for FB then we should seriously consider the next big superstar. I'm talking about Canberra's Nicol-klokstad.

That would be declaring war on Canberra

I remember watching him carve up the broncos in the Holden cup for Melbourne years ago playing five-eighth or fullback and he really stood I can only remember one better dominant display that I had seen( jack bird for st George, names at lock but played fullback) I thought he wouldn’t kick on when he was at the warriors but look at him now

I remember watching him carve up the broncos in the Holden cup for Melbourne years ago playing five-eighth or fullback and he really stood I can only remember one better dominant display that I had seen( jack bird for st George, names at lock but played fullback) I thought he wouldn’t kick on when he was at the warriors but look at him now
Mmm wonder why the Storm let him go? Unless Canberra came in with a better offer and the promise of first grade while Slater was there.

Mmm wonder why the Storm let him go? Unless Canberra came in with a better offer and the promise of first grade while Slater was there.

CNH went to the raiders from the warriors.

Broncs need to sign the Melbourne scouts, they just keep churning out young guns.

we haven't really gone that bad in the young guns department ... our problem is that we seem to be relying on them too much.

some of the young guns in our team right now are:

Dearden
Haas
Flegler
Carrigan
Fifita
Isaako

that is a really good crop of kids, not to mention we also have waiting in the wings some more talented youngsters like:

T. Boyd
Paix
Bullemore etc

Broncs need to sign the Melbourne scouts, they just keep churning out young guns.

We tried to get bunn (I think that's the one) back, but he chose to stay in Melbourne.

Any interest? Showing signs that he is past it but his experience would be invaluable.

1. Milford
4. Boyd
6. Maloney
7. Dearden

Last edited:
No chance, he's awful now, has been for a couple of years.

The amount of missed tackles, errors & penalties he gives away per game is just absurd. I actually think his attacking game has become noticeably worse this year as well, his only positive attribute is his short kicking game and ability to force line drop outs. I wouldn't want him even if he was minimum wage.

9 games - 9 errors, 13 penalties conceded, 47 missed tackles.

Christ almighty I didn't think his stats would be that bad, he's had a mare of a year

He's always been a shit defender and given away too many penalties, but I think the best quote I've heard is that he "has the shorted memory ever". He didn't used to let those things drag him down and he'd scrap to the end and often enough come up with a match-winning play. Whether he's just passes it, and can't come up with those plays any more, or whether the structures and platform in Penrith don't allow it, I'm not sure. He's not the sort to drop his head because, even though he's the better half, everything is about Golden Boy Cleary, so I don't think it's a mental thing.

He's always been a shit defender and given away too many penalties, but I think the best quote I've heard is that he "has the shorted memory ever". He didn't used to let those things drag him down and he'd scrap to the end and often enough come up with a match-winning play. Whether he's just passes it, and can't come up with those plays any more, or whether the structures and platform in Penrith don't allow it, I'm not sure. He's not the sort to drop his head because, even though he's the better half, everything is about Golden Boy Cleary, so I don't think it's a mental thing.
I agree pretty much with all this Morkel. Just adding that I don't think Maloney works with certain Cleary type players. He has always created good plays and keeps trying the same stuff to the end and relied on the percentage and fatigue. That meant he had to have great defenders around him and he did for the most part. He needed workers and I don't think he's got them so is costing the team. He might be trying extra hard as older players have to do and he has always been knocked around by much bigger bodies. On reflection, it probably is the right call. Father time and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.