NEWS Broncos rookie tasked with containing Latrell

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
190402 shiba web

Broncos rookie Gehamat Shibasaki faces ‘biggest challenge of career’ against Latrell Mitchell

May 14, 2019

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to bring back Berro, he could sniff out any time his opposite was about to get the ball.

I am surprised they havent got staggs marking mitchell. Last time we played them staggs stuck to mitchell like glue and kept him quiet all night. Even shrugged him off in a tackle to almost score.

Staggs was about the only player that could keep his chin up after that last game really.

They may have more faith in The King of Shiba than we imagine.

I am surprised they havent got staggs marking mitchell. Last time we played them staggs stuck to mitchell like glue and kept him quiet all night. Even shrugged him off in a tackle to almost score.

Staggs was about the only player that could keep his chin up after that last game really.
They might swap before the game

I would hope so.

But they might just keep Staggs on the left to build a combination with Milford/Glenn/Oates since Bird is out for the season. It would make sense. I can't see Roberts being out of the side forever so he will slot straight back into right centre when he returns.

Interestingly, Roberts will not be traveling to PNG for the ISC match. The coaching staff have said it's for training purposes, but there could be a late inclusion on Friday night.

I would hope so.

But they might just keep Staggs on the left to build a combination with Milford/Glenn/Oates since Bird is out for the season. It would make sense. I can't see Roberts being out of the side forever so he will slot straight back into right centre when he returns.

Interestingly, Roberts will not be traveling to PNG for the ISC match. The coaching staff have said it's for training purposes, but there could be a late inclusion on Friday night.
He isn’t really settled on that side yet so you could move him just for this game then move him back

I would hope so.

Apparently his visa has expired.
Hopefully he's got that sorted for NZ

Apparently his visa has expired.
Hopefully he's got that sorted for NZ

He wouldn't need a visa to travel to NZ. He's an Australian citizen.

I don't see how visa issues would stop him from traveling to PNG. I'm pretty sure you can get one on arrival which grants you access to the country for 30 days.

No, that's not really fair. It might be worth watching the game if you haven't already. He wasn't all that bad.
Yeah, I thought he did alright, better in the second half, but then most of them were. Plus he's a centre, not a winger. I think he'll do better in his proper position.

Not VISA, Passport. You need at least six months Validity left on your Passport to Travel to PNG. NZ only one Month. The article I saw mentioned his passport needed renewel to travel to PNG. Normally it takes two weeks to receive a New passport after application but can be rushed through in two days for a fee so no excuse if they really wanted him in PNG

Shibasaki started poorly, made some errors, but as the game progressed improved. Even out of position he was able to get in some decent runs and made a great line break there towards the end. But he's shit and even if he plays in his natural position will be shit.
Turpin started poorly, gave away 3 penalties and threw some horrible passes, but as the game progressed improved. With more space against a depleted team he was able to use his running game to spark some attack. God.

Troll logic.

I re-watched the game, Shiba was still anything but impressive BUT he was playing out of position. He reminds me a lot of Moga in the way he runs...and drops the ball. Hopefully he knows how to pass though because that was something Moga hadn't learned how to do.

I re-watched the game, Shiba was still anything but impressive BUT he was playing out of position. He reminds me a lot of Moga in the way he runs...and drops the ball. Hopefully he knows how to pass though because that was something Moga hadn't learned how to do.

Our whole team knows how to drop the ball, can't just point the finger at Shiba.

Shibasaki started poorly, made some errors, but as the game progressed improved. Even out of position he was able to get in some decent runs and made a great line break there towards the end. But he's shit and even if he plays in his natural position will be shit.
Turpin started poorly, gave away 3 penalties and threw some horrible passes, but as the game progressed improved. With more space against a depleted team he was able to use his running game to spark some attack. God.

Exactly.

Turpin: 131 receipts, 127 passes, 1 handling error
Shibashiba: 12 receipts, 0 passes, 2 handling errors

As you point out, playing on the wing is a shitload less demanding than centre.

Last edited:
Our whole team knows how to drop the ball, can't just point the finger at Shiba.

I'm not sure how you got that from my post? I wasn't singling out Shiba, it is relevant to this thread given it is about him.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.