Broncos want Paul Green as Head coach

As good as he is, I actually would not want Bellamy to be our coach this time around. The ethics of his club and players is questionable at best. I don’t always agree with Wayne but at least he stands for something.

As good as he is, I actually would not want Bellamy to be our coach this time around. The ethics of his club and players is questionable at best. I don’t always agree with Wayne but at least he stands for something.

I'm pretty sure he's confirmed that it's Storm or retirement at this point hasn't he?

I agree though. **** that guy,

Yep! Rather win premierships and if he wanted to coach us I’d be over the moon

I don’t completely disagree but it will be interesting to see how he goes with a salary cap, without 3 of the best players of all time, and with the referees now actually adjudicating the game as per the rules.

JV30aOo.gif

No coach on Earth is saving the Cowboys from a lean period post JT and they know it.

I bet they wish they had a Bennett to come in and bring in a squad of "old blokes" on low to moderate salaries who have all played rep footy. They blew it by letting Ponga go (they don't have close to the jr depth that we do), and it's gonna haunt them for a long, long time.

Paul Green name has been linked with the Broncos. That's can't be a good sign for Anthony Seibold. It give's you an indication that people are looking past you rather then working with you.

The good news for Seibold is I'm not sure I would hold the rumor with baded breath. And I wouldn't even call it a rumor but more speculation from people not in the loop. And I kind of feel a bit mixed about Green. And nobody can take away he helped delivered the Cowboys first premeireship (at the Broncos expense). And moved Jonathan Thurston back to half back after he had played five-eigth for a couple of years. Thurston suddenly found a new spring in his step and wonderfully blended with Michael Morgan.

But those days seem so far ago. And the appearance at the 2017 Grand final despite getting there against all odds seems more like a late rally then a brillant coaching legacy. The horrible 2018 campaign proved that. And with a bloated cap and a tired looking roster his legacy doesn't quite have the shine it once had.

Green will get a coaching job again. I'm just not sure he's a good fit for the Broncos.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.