Cam Smith

You're absolutely right about what you're saying. I would never try to rationalise raw emotion, but that's not what this was...
I think you'll find that it's not the outburst, anger or rage that bothers me or most other people, but the calculated, deliberate, method and timing of all this.

yeah was nothing more than a ploy to disrupt the QLD origin camp . Funny how Alex spent the next few days in camp with NSW after the story was aired wouldn't you say ? In my book it goes down as one of the biggest back-fires in Origin history (even if they won't admit it)

I think you'll find that it's not the outburst, anger or rage that bothers me or most other people, but the calculated, deliberate, method and timing of all this.
yeah was nothing more than a ploy to disrupt the QLD origin camp . Funny how Alex spent the next few days in camp with NSW after the story was aired wouldn't you say ? In my book it goes down as one of the biggest back-fires in Origin history (even if they won't admit it)

Not a conspiratard by any means but just look at the amount of rubbish aimed at the QLD team in the build up to game two and three, it's not the first time though - Mal alluded to it in his rats and filth piece and Gus just recently said he's had enough of it.

NSW? Please, don't start me. They have handed their culture to the media. The media picks the teams, sets the agendas and controls the hype; much of it to the detriment of the team's preparations. The media types then make the excuses after the losses to protect their own. The final score was 52-6 and all you could do was blame the penalty count. Really?

In allowing the media to run your Origin campaign, I ask, "How is all that working out for you?"

Mal met with the Courier before Origin 3 and asked them to stop motivating the Blues with their back pages and bagging them; from there they focused on building up the Queensland team with their back page.

9 don't care who wins Origin; they care how many people watch it. They put it during Origin time to get the most out coverage but it wasn't anything to do with sides.

Mal met with the Courier before Origin 3 and asked them to stop motivating the Blues with their back pages and bagging them; from there they focused on building up the Queensland team with their back page.
Good on him. The DT have been running that crap for a while now and this year, the Courier got down in the gutter with them. Hope they stay out of it in the future.

Good on him. The DT have been running that crap for a while now and this year, the Courier got down in the gutter with them. Hope they stay out of it in the future.

All the print media around origin time turn into gutter dwellers !!

Seriously, Origin doesn't need the silly headlines ... the product can more than stand on its own.

9 don't care who wins Origin; they care how many people watch it. They put it during Origin time to get the most out coverage but it wasn't anything to do with sides.

Thought Gyngell was a blues fan ? well anyway IMO the timing was very sus.

Gyngell is a proud NSW fan.....of course it had something to do with sides.

Gyngell cares way more about ratings & trumping Ch7 & $$ than the blues winning state of origin

I just noticed that this thread is still going on about the 60 minutes story so I'm going to attempt to put this in a positive light.

Congrats to Cam Smith on his 300th game tonight and he stills has it. He played another superb game, motivating his team, setting up opportunities for his men, working hard if defense (topped the tackle count according to Fox Sports) and kicking goals from all over the park. I've always respected Smith he is truly one of the games's greats he is a very special player. Nice guy and a good representative for the game and a top captain of our country as well.

Well done on 300 games Cam

Gyngell cares way more about ratings & trumping Ch7 & $$ than the blues winning state of origin

it was win / win for Gyngell.....don't under estimate just how arse hurt he is after 10 yrs of being bashed up by QLD

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.