Darius Boyd - FOG166

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
you don't need to keep ramming home my point ...

nearly everything you said after your first line is flat out agenda driven crap ...

Remember Boyd is the fullback, so by definition Munster had to beat several people before Boyd could get a crack at him, but people are just happy to put all the blame for the worlds ills on Boyd.

the only way for Boyd to stop Munster from that far out would have been to be defending in the line, but that would have meant yourself and others whinging that he was defending in the line.

Hell, Boyd could score a hattrick, set up a couple of other and save a try and people would forget all of that and focus on the one perceived mistake he made
You do realise your comment pretty much says the same thing as mine when I referenced what Lockyer did to atone for his defensive mistakes and conversely what Boyd isn’t doing? The same point I made to justify why it was OK Lockyer made such mistakes and why it isn’t OK for Boyd.

But don’t let that stop you. Carry on, read what you want and disregard what you don’t. While you’re at it, lump me in with others who have criticised Boyd for defending in the line - but I’m incredibly confident you won’t find a comment I’ve made criticising that.

All that aside, I most certainly do have an agenda against Boyd and I’m the first to admit such.

From where I’m sitting, he doesn’t put in the effort required of a veteran first grader and especially not the captain of the Broncos. You know, the 1% plays. The ones Thurston always makes. The ones Smith always makes. The ones Lockyer always made. In fact, his effort is pretty much all I comment on, not his execution.

One could almost conclude that Kevin Walters somewhat agrees with that notion as well. After all, somehow Boyd couldn’t make the QLD team even after Slater pulled out...

So yep, I have an agenda against Boyd. Care to do likewise and admit you have a pro-Boyd agenda and outline why?

You do realise your comment pretty much says the same thing as mine when I referenced what Lockyer did to atone for his defensive mistakes and conversely what Boyd isn’t doing? The same point I made to justify why it was OK Lockyer made such mistakes and why it isn’t OK for Boyd.

But don’t let that stop you. Carry on, read what you want and disregard what you don’t. While you’re at it, lump me in with others who have criticised Boyd for defending in the line - but I’m incredibly confident you won’t find a comment I’ve made criticising that.

All that aside, I most certainly do have an agenda against Boyd and I’m the first to admit such.

From where I’m sitting, he doesn’t put in the effort required of a veteran first grader and especially not the captain of the Broncos. You know, the 1% plays. The ones Thurston always makes. The ones Smith always makes. The ones Lockyer always made. In fact, his effort is pretty much all I comment on, not his execution.

One could almost conclude that Kevin Walters somewhat agrees with that notion as well. After all, somehow Boyd couldn’t make the QLD team even after Slater pulled out...

So yep, I have an agenda against Boyd. Care to do likewise and admit you have a pro-Boyd agenda and outline why?

you just compared Boyd to 3 of the greatest players of the modern era ... I'll admit Boyd isn't in their league, but very few players are ...

I disagree about him not doing the 1% though and certainly think that you are equating a drop in form to not putting in the required effort, IMO it is quite obvious that the effort is there, even if his form is below is usually high standard.

I also think he should be our fullback, especially given the work he does off the ball ... he is one of the better fullbacks around for organising a teams defense.

I don't so much have a pro-Boyd agenda more of against the trend of finding a scapegoat and then honing in on the one negative in an otherwise good performance.

FTR, i never even wanted Boyd to come back

you just compared Boyd to 3 of the greatest players of the modern era ... I'll admit Boyd isn't in their league, but very few players are ...

I disagree about him not doing the 1% though and certainly think that you are equating a drop in form to not putting in the required effort, IMO it is quite obvious that the effort is there, even if his form is below is usually high standard.

I also think he should be our fullback, especially given the work he does off the ball ... he is one of the better fullbacks around for organising a teams defense.

I don't so much have a pro-Boyd agenda more of against the trend of finding a scapegoat and then honing in on the one negative in an otherwise good performance.

FTR, i never even wanted Boyd to come back
Fair enough.

But I can’t stress enough, and I still think you may be missing my point (I could be wrong too), I’m not commenting on his skills, his form or his execution - only his effort(s).

Too many times this year he has just watched a ball bounce along the ground which has resulted in tries or avoidable pressure on us. Too many times this year he hasn’t run hard. Too many times this year, and indeed the last few years, he’s slowed our momentum because he’s too focused on whinging to the ref rather than playing the ball. His first hit up yesterday he did exactly that.

You are absolutely right though. Those three players are some of the very best ever. But not because they try on each and every play, because they are supremely skilled. The fact they never give up just adds to their legacy. Boyd will never have their skills, but he could most certainly have their tenacity to do absolutely everything in his power to win. TPJ has it, probably too much for his own good at the moment.

He would have made the team.

Boyd was the first person they called when Slater was in doubt. But he told them no, because he didn't want to be a shadow player. If he had of said yes, he would have made the side.

Boyd was the first person they called when Slater was in doubt. But he told them no, because he didn't want to be a shadow player. If he had of said yes, he would have made the side.

in fact, he would have even come in as a shadow player, but was told that Slater was likely to play, so elected for the break to freshen up a bit ...

he would have gone into camp if they told him Slater was a good chance of missing the game

I thought he was only asked to go hang with the team. The way I read it, his career had ended, was just for support in camp.

in fact, he would have even come in as a shadow player, but was told that Slater was likely to play, so elected for the break to freshen up a bit ...

he would have gone into camp if they told him Slater was a good chance of missing the game
I always try to be diplomatic and understanding of others opinions, but what you’ve said simply doesn’t make sense and is being bandied around like it’s fact when it’s just your opinion.

That aside, if what you’re saying were true and he would have been selected to play, Walters would have told him he wasn’t going to be merely a shadow player and that he would be selected. So why did that not transpire? I’m sorry, but I had the same read on it as @Nashy.

I always try to be diplomatic and understanding of others opinions, but what you’ve said simply doesn’t make sense and is being bandied around like it’s fact when it’s just your opinion.

That aside, if what you’re saying were true and he would have been selected to play, Walters would have told him he wasn’t going to be merely a shadow player and that he would be selected. So why did that not transpire? I’m sorry, but I had the same read on it as @Nashy.

As Foordy said, Slater was very likely to play at the time. Boyd was either guaranteed to be playing, or he wasn't cutting his holiday short to come in.

If Boyd was asked to come in as support, then why not do it in the first place? Why wait until Slater is in doubt to call him?

As Foordy said, Slater was very likely to play at the time. Boyd was either guaranteed to be playing, or he wasn't cutting his holiday short to come in.

If Boyd was asked to come in as support, then why not do it in the first place? Why wait until Slater is in doubt to call him?

Which is a little disappointing in itself. Considering the often repeated Qld mantra of everything being about the team.

Did this not all happen on the Monday / Tuesday? The same day Slater was ruled out and they flew Milford and Ponga to Melbourne?

The fact Slater was ruled out is a pretty fair indication he wasn’t going to play. I don’t know what more confirmation Boyd could want.

The bold part, unless I’m reading it wrong, suggests he wasn’t called in as support but to play. Which really supports my post not refutes it. I’m quite confused.

Last edited:
McGuire was charged with contrary conduct for stepping on the foot of Glasby ... faces a $1500 fine ($1100 with an early guilty plea)

no charge for TPJ

McGuire was charged with contrary conduct for stepping on the foot of Glasby ... faces a $1500 fine ($1100 with an early guilty plea)

no charge for TPJ

What about Thurston?

The replay is on FoxLeagueHD at 1:30.

Should i bother watching it ?

If you feel like getting the shits with piss-poor officiating, go for it.
I haven't seen the game yet, and from what i have read in here so far it seems there were certainly some dodgy ref calls made.

Did this not all happen on the Monday / Tuesday? The same day Slater was ruled out and they flew Milford and Ponga to Melbourne?

The fact Slater was ruled out is a pretty fair indication he wasn’t going to play. I don’t know what more confirmation Boyd could want.

The bold part, unless I’m reading it wrong, suggests he wasn’t called in as support but to play. Which really supports my post not refutes it. I’m quite confused.

He was asked at the beginning of the camp if he would come in to shadow Slater. He called Slater who said that he was feeling fine and would definitely be playing so he declined the offer to come and chill as he already had a family holiday booked.

This has been widely reported by multiple sources, I honestly can't believe this is being disputed.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.