DCE for Game III?

I play the whistle in any team sport - take that for what you will.

But I wouldn't support a rep team any more or less based on a players selection, which is what you've said in your own words - that's more my question of whether you should consider your allegiances. If a single player is enough to muddy the mental waters so to speak, then the water was never very clear imo.
You're making this about an individual, while it's about character. You don't care about who wears that jersey as long as we win? I do!

Does that make you a better supporter? Don't think so.

You're making this about an individual, while it's about character. You don't care about who wears that jersey as long as we win? I do!

Does that make you a better supporter? Don't think so.
They go hand in hand don't they?

The reality is, I'm happy to ignore something that is none of my business, but others take it on as a personal sleight and use this as some sort of bargaining chip as to why someone shouldn't be selected. Nate Myles is one of his best mates, he didn't give a shit. He's played alongside him at club and state level.

If he doesn't care, why should we?

I'm saying you look silly by talking about toughness and mettle.

Feel free to take offence, but don't pretend that I'm telling anyone what they can and can't say.
Take offense from what an anonymous person says on the net.. LOL

You have no idea who I am, but tell me it's silly for me to talk about mettle. Can you see the irony?

Take offense from what an anonymous person says on the net.. LOL

You have no idea who I am, but tell me it's silly for me to talk about mettle. Can you see the irony?
You're right, I made an assumption that you were just an ordinary fella like me. If that's not the case and you're actually correct about DCE, then I apologise for any offence caused.

They go hand in hand don't they?

The reality is, I'm happy to ignore something that is none of my business, but others take it on as a personal sleight and use this as some sort of bargaining chip as to why someone shouldn't be selected. Nate Myles is one of his best mates, he didn't give a shit. He's played alongside him at club and state level.

If he doesn't care, why should we?
No they don't go hand in hand. I don't pretend to tell you what you should value or not in a player representing your club, state or country.

Nate Myles doesn't care? So what... others do, and so do I, which I'm certainly entitled to.

The ability to turn the filter off is disabled at the moment, while we're investigating some issues with its functionality... sorry for all the stars guys.

The ability to turn the filter off is disabled at the moment, while we're investigating some issues with its functionality... sorry for all the stars guys.

**** you and your **** you little ****!

*****************************************************************************************************3!

G'day all long time reader of this forum, originally a Manly fan but have a soft spot for the Bronx. Personally a big DCE fan and would love to see him picked to play for QLD as he is showing great form. There's a common misconception that DCE took the Titans for a ride and never intended to honour his deal with them, this is a lie. DCE and Foran were the hottest commodities on the player market at the time and Manly's amateur mismanagement could not work out a deal for two such dominant halves (both rep players at the time).

The Manly management placed all their eggs in the Foran basket and pulled their offer for DCE off the table. This is when DCE decided to enter the player market and as such was seen looking at Sharks and Titans facilities. The Titans won the race to sign him and he was all but ready to go and play for them, he even bought a house up at the Coast. Foran then went on to sign with Parramatta, and never actually intended to stay at Manly. This is when the Manly management panicked as it looked like fans were going to revolt over losing their two best players, Bozo was brought in to clean the place up. The Manly management realised that they'd have to throw DCE a pretty sweet deal in order for him to backflip. Alas the 8 year deal was put forward, which he'd of course take to stay where his wife was a local, his family was established, and to continue playing at the club he didn't want to leave in the first place.

Could he have conducted himself better throughout the saga? Personally think he could have, but he played well within the rules at the time. Was he the first player to backflip for a better deal after agreeing to play for another club? Look at Tallis, Tedesco, Inglis, Papalli etc. Will he be the last to do it? Definitely not, the media just blew the whole thing out of proportion as he had signed an unprecedented deal.

They are not going to pick DCE for game 3, but if he keeps playing like this until round 7 or whatever 2018, you gotta pick him then.

G'day all long time reader of this forum, originally a Manly fan but have a soft spot for the Bronx. Personally a big DCE fan and would love to see him picked to play for QLD as he is showing great form. There's a common misconception that DCE took the Titans for a ride and never intended to honour his deal with them, this is a lie. DCE and Foran were the hottest commodities on the player market at the time and Manly's amateur mismanagement could not work out a deal for two such dominant halves (both rep players at the time).

The Manly management placed all their eggs in the Foran basket and pulled their offer for DCE off the table. This is when DCE decided to enter the player market and as such was seen looking at Sharks and Titans facilities. The Titans won the race to sign him and he was all but ready to go and play for them, he even bought a house up at the Coast. Foran then went on to sign with Parramatta, and never actually intended to stay at Manly. This is when the Manly management panicked as it looked like fans were going to revolt over losing their two best players, Bozo was brought in to clean the place up. The Manly management realised that they'd have to throw DCE a pretty sweet deal in order for him to backflip. Alas the 8 year deal was put forward, which he'd of course take to stay where his wife was a local, his family was established, and to continue playing at the club he didn't want to leave in the first place.

Could he have conducted himself better throughout the saga? Personally think he could have, but he played well within the rules at the time. Was he the first player to backflip for a better deal after agreeing to play for another club? Look at Tallis, Tedesco, Inglis, Papalli etc. Will he be the last to do it? Definitely not, the media just blew the whole thing out of proportion as he had signed an unprecedented deal.

Welcome mate! I don't think you can really blame the media for the perception of DCE, you can blame DCE.

Welcome, great first post.

I agree completely, he was a bit of a smug prick (still is) throughout, but all in all he's playing some great footy and I think if we're picking the Game 3 team in a vacuum, setting aside all indifferences and past discretions, he's in the 6 jersey.

Welcome mate! I don't think you can really blame the media for the perception of DCE, you can blame DCE.
Thanks for the welcome. That is true, but as he said so himself against the Titans recently; There'll never be water under the bridge and that's ok with him. But for the media to criticise a man for being articulate and well-spoken is just juvenile and doesn't help Rugby League shake the label of being a thug sport. Personally, give me an articulate and well thought out response any day as opposed to the usual grunting 'credit to the boys'. As for the rumours he does not get along with players, I think it comes from the fact he is a dominant half and as such did not work well chemistry wise with JT who wanted a support player, thus recommending his teammate Michael Morgan. If that is the case, then by all means keep DCE on his toes churning out good performances as he waits for the lead playmaking role to become available.

I don't know what it is with DCE when he talks but he just doesn't sound genuine to me. It's frustrating because I can't put my finger on it but there you go.

Thanks for the welcome. That is true, but as he said so himself against the Titans recently; There'll never be water under the bridge and that's ok with him. But for the media to criticise a man for being articulate and well-spoken is just juvenile and doesn't help Rugby League shake the label of being a thug sport. Personally, give me an articulate and well thought out response any day as opposed to the usual grunting 'credit to the boys'. As for the rumours he does not get along with players, I think it comes from the fact he is a dominant half and as such did not work well chemistry wise with JT who wanted a support player, thus recommending his teammate Michael Morgan. If that is the case, then by all means keep DCE on his toes churning out good performances as he waits for the lead playmaking role to become available.

Mate this forum has Milford pencilled in for that role.

"I just seem extremely uncomfortable the way the media's put me in the spotlight" - there's an articulate sentence!

Little twerp is also a diver.

Active Now

• Loch Ness Monster
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spoon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Cavalo
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • Splinter
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.