Finals Week #3

Reynolds is that type of player you want to stay out of the way as much as possible until it's time for a kick or a goal.

Reynolds is that type of player you want to stay out of the way as much as possible until it's time for a kick or a goal.

Yeah we got Isaako for goals and Milford can at least kick these days, next in line thanks.

What a shit finals series.

“The salary cap is working”.....yet the grand finalists are 2 of the renowned salary cap “tacticians”. The prelims were made of 4/5 premiers. 2 of them blatantly cheated the nrl to extrodinary levels. Im sick of the nrl and its sydney-centric shit with piss weak punishments for cheating. I seriously wish super league won. The game would be bigger and better for it...

You're massively under selling the roosters. They've made one of the best attacking teams look like shit with their defence.

Roosters are overrated. Minor premiers and had under 50% winning record against top 8 teams going into the finals.

Cronk's shoulder is fucked, Friend will be lucky to get a Grade 1 charge and they just haven't been that impressive. Both games they would have lost if their opposition just held onto the ball. Melbourne on the other hand..

"I wish we could play in front of a crowd like this every week" Yeah well when you play in a competition where by and large you play against sydney based clubs at home you should be playing in respectable crowds(12-15k isn't), yet a club like Newcastle who's fans turn up even when things are shit it shouldn't take a grand final qualifier for people to turn up.

Last edited:
The only chance Roosters have is if they go back to playing footy and throwing the ball around.

This grinding style isn’t going to work against Storm. Storm will just wrestle them out of the contest.

The rorters will get violated if they try and play conservative with Aubo or Matto in the halves instead of an actual half in O’Sullivan. Keary cannot control a game, it won’t be a pretty sight.

The rorters will get violated if they try and play conservative with Aubo or Matto in the halves instead of an actual half in O’Sullivan. Keary cannot control a game, it won’t be a pretty sight.

Disagree. I thought Keary was brilliant in the second half tonight. He's been the best Roosters half for the majority of the season actually.

Disagree. I thought Keary was brilliant in the second half tonight. He's been the best Roosters half for the majority of the season actually.

Keary wasn't really controlling the game though. I agree that he's been really damn good this year though. It's good to see a running 5/8th not pretending to be something he's not.

Last edited:
The Slater shoulder charge is very arguable IMO.

Feki knows Slater has the angle and tries to step inside.
If he continued on the same line Slater could have hit him and wrapped his left arm while driving with the shoulder but the change of direction by the attacking player , clearly seen in the slow mo, left no time to adjust.
I don't know how anyone could pull out of that when the attacker has some influence in the positioning .

Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has never been in that situation on the field.

That looks like a shoulder charge, no doubt, but could he have avoided that type of collision?
Arguable, IMO.

If the shoulder are the hands then yeah sure. He came in with the arm tucked and used it to push him over the sideline.

Same thing Slater did. He'll get off.
Manu was already crouched at waste level. Re-watch it and then make a gif so everyone else can see

I hope slater gets off the charge and plays the GF. Would be great to see him play his last game in the final and most likely go out a winner. BUT, let’s be honest, it was a clear cut shoulder charge and I think he had no other intention than to make that style of tackle.
It was the making of a copybook cover defense tackle which he could have made but decided to use the shoulder and his body weight. As sad as it is, I think he’ll be missing the game.
And if Cronk is out as well, it could be a real fizzer of a GF.

Well, scans have revealed Cronk has a severe rotator cuff injury. I can't see how he can play with that.

Roosters signing Cronk to win a premiership only for him to get injured before the Grand Final, with the Roosters losing would be a feel good story I guess.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.