Game II Discussion

Another thing I noticed last night was when NSW got the ball back off the short kickoff with a couple minutes left they really didn't look like scoring. No desperation to score and seemingly no set plays. They seemed genuinely rattled that we came back.

Another thing I noticed last night was when NSW got the ball back off the short kickoff with a couple minutes left they really didn't look like scoring. No desperation to score and seemingly no set plays. They seemed genuinely rattled that we came back.

I knew we were going to win when I saw Woods take a settler with 20 seconds to go. Like seriously, does he have any sense of time management in the game. You don't take settlers in the final 30 seconds. He was their new Gallen last night with that play

That's the mark of Pearce. He only offers something when his team is on top. Legless when he is needed to change the tide.

Great win and anyone who doubts Morgans quality at this level should adjust their thinking after tonight.
i doubt I've seen a better pass than that.
Under pressure, diving and controlling the ball would have been a good effort but to calmly flick it inside to his winger knowing where he was and landed it on his chest like a butterfly with sore feet.
He is developing the habit of making those big plays.

FTR I have never doubted Morgans quality, simply that he is a quality centre and not a half. Look where he was playing when he actually started to play well...

On another subject regarding the southern roaches and their loyal fans...
Every year they get criticized for their lack of support. They always struggle to sell out Origin games and talk about how Origin doesn't mean as much to them as it does to us Maroons.
Then they blow us off the park in Origin I on our home turf. They then crow for three weeks about their New Blues Dynasty and how it's gonna be awesome winning at home in Sydney in Origin II.
There's even articles about how it's wrong not presenting the shield to the winning team until game 3 and how it should be changed now to suit them and their New Blues Dynasty. They want to share the glory with their home fans...
So 83000 plus fans turn up including 12000 Blatchys Blues with their cool led hair flashing away to the upcoming victory march.
Sure there is probably a couple of thousand Maroons fans in there putting up with constant shit about the New Blues Dynasty from their newly found fair weather fans but there had to be over 80000 Blues supporters there all ready to celebrate their inevitable victory over the "past their best" Qld legends who have tormented the poor babies for 10 long years.
Oh god I would have loved to be there in my Maroons jersey at full time.
They finally sell out a game with the full expectation of victory only to have it all come crashing down with 2 minutes to go....
The taste of salt in the air would have been better than being at the beach in summer

Hadn't done it in a while, but after all the shit I copped from the NSW'kers over the past 3 weeks, I wore my Qld jersey proudly to work today (albeit partially covered by the highvis vest), and gave it to deluxe to them. :biggrin:

I still can't believe we won that. That performance was the epitome of the never say die Queensland attitude we always hear about.

Just fucking fantastic.

Even better was how salty the whole commentary team was - there was absolutely no excitement at all when Gagai crossed, or when JT nailed that fucking kick. If it was the other way around and NSW just clinched a win at the death, we'd never hear the fucking end of it.

Fucking top show lads, fucking top show. Let's fucking dish out a hammering to these ***** in game three.

I usually give NRL360 a miss when Rothfield is on but I'm giving it a go tonight for shits and giggles. The demented whining will be delicious.

Share the highlights please.

My erection can only get soo hard

Just on a side note with Thurston and his shoulder injury. If any player deliberatly makes a beeline for it, knowing it's a pre exsisting injury of his, then surely they have to be charged and found guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct just as Thiaday was with Bromwich. The precident has been set now. You can't target a players injury.

i dont know what you are smoking, but you need to get off it! that comment makes zero sense and the 2 things you noted have absolutely no connection at all.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw that no good Maloney give JT the dreaded nerve hold in back play at one point.

Yeah seriously what Sam did was stupid and was basically akin to Paul Gallen ripping at Anthony Laffranchi's stitches way back when. It was disappointing from Sam, we don't need that rubbish in the game.

If he didn't play with Thurston he wouldn't have a career. He is barely a park footy player and I think it is atrocious he has played for QLD and Australia.

FTR I have never doubted Morgans quality, simply that he is a quality centre and not a half. Look where he was playing when he actually started to play well...

Hehehehehe

@Battler also had plenty to say in the Morgan thread.

Hehehehehe

@Battler also had plenty to say in the Morgan thread.

'Hehehehehehe' - what are you? A 12 year old girl?

I made plenty of other posts in that thread talking about how I judge him that way based on the fact he is playing in the halves, and if he played in the centres where he belongs I would judge him accordingly.

But you pick out one post to try and look like a hero. Pathetic.

i dont know what you are smoking, but you need to get off it! that comment makes zero sense and the 2 things you noted have absolutely no connection at all.

Like i said, i dont think Sammy should have been charged in the first place. But explain to me how its different. Did they say Sam targeted a players pre exsisting injury? Yes they did, and they found him guilty of doing it, saying it wasnt in the spirit of the game. Thats an indisputable fact. You can look up his charge and the ruling they handed down to find out.

Did JT have a shoulder injury going into the game, again, yes he did, another indisputable fact. Did they target it, absolutely they did. They just decided to leave him alone after he re-injured it :D

I know it wont happen, and i dont think it should, but i believe the NRL set a very dangerous precedent by charging Thiaday in the first place. If a player takes the field, he is fit enough to play imo so he shouldn't get special treatment. So by the NRL ( stupid i might add ) logic, you cant target any player with injury. It was a joke ruling in the first place, but as usual, they havent been consistent with it. Tbh, i dont think they ever could.

'Hehehehehehe' - what are you? A 12 year old girl?

I made plenty of other posts in that thread talking about how I judge him that way based on the fact he is playing in the halves, and if he played in the centres where he belongs I would judge him accordingly.

But you pick out one post to try and look like a hero. Pathetic.

Geez mate calm the **** down, you hand out plenty of shit around here and have such a thin skin, and I'm the 12 year old girl.?

Barely a park footballer in most ppls opinion would be doubting a players quality, yeah?

Last edited:

Active Now

• porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Spooky1013
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.