Game II Discussion

Hadn't done it in a while, but after all the shit I copped from the NSW'kers over the past 3 weeks, I wore my Qld jersey proudly to work today (albeit partially covered by the highvis vest), and gave it to deluxe to them. :biggrin:

After going into work after game 1 and agreeing with a couple of blues supporters about how great the game was - no excuses, we were outplayed. Go in today and same individuals claim....

"We wuz wobbed!!!"
"You WERE robbed, by your own team. You had us on the ropes for most of that game and couldn't close it out. Your team fucked up, deal with it"
"But the took Hayne out!!!"
"....and Morgan took Slater out, numerous times."

etc etc back and fourth. FMD, show a little class. *****.

Can someone please post the Buzz Rothfield bit from NRL 360 tonight.

Like i said, i dont think Sammy should have been charged in the first place. But explain to me how its different. Did they say Sam targeted a players pre exsisting injury? Yes they did, and they found him guilty of doing it, saying it wasnt in the spirit of the game. Thats an indisputable fact. You can look up his charge and the ruling they handed down to find out.

Did JT have a shoulder injury going into the game, again, yes he did, another indisputable fact. Did they target it, absolutely they did. They just decided to leave him alone after he re-injured it :D

I know it wont happen, and i dont think it should, but i believe the NRL set a very dangerous precedent by charging Thiaday in the first place. If a player takes the field, he is fit enough to play imo so he shouldn't get special treatment. So by the NRL ( stupid i might add ) logic, you cant target any player with injury. It was a joke ruling in the first place, but as usual, they havent been consistent with it. Tbh, i dont think they ever could.

sam went blatantly out of his way to grab a blokes finger and attempt to cause damage/discomfort, whether the blokes finger was busted or not sam shouldnt not have done what he did!! also how many times have you seen what sam did happen in the last 20 years? now, tell me how that relates to a nsw player running the ball and thurston attempting to tackle him. last time i checked, tackling and using your shoulder is a requirement of the game. are you suggesting that because of jt's injury he should be afforded the luxury of not having to tackle anyone because he has a shoulder injury!! plz.

do you remember when one of the morris lads busted his knee a few years back in origin, didnt stop us going at him in attack now which relates similarly to jt but no corellation at all with what sam did.

After going into work after game 1 and agreeing with a couple of blues supporters about how great the game was - no excuses, we were outplayed. Go in today and same individuals claim....

"We wuz wobbed!!!"
"You WERE robbed, by your own team. You had us on the ropes for most of that game and couldn't close it out. Your team fucked up, deal with it"
"But the took Hayne out!!!"
"....and Morgan took Slater out, numerous times."

etc etc back and fourth. FMD, show a little class. *****.
(Un)fortunately, "my" NSW'kers are more classy than that. None of them blamed the refs, but pretty much repeated Johns rant and Jayne copped it massively. :porthozthinksthisishot:

Saw another angle of the Holmes try.

His heel was planted. It wasn't in the air. He was out, just.

Paul Gallen doesn't have an issue with the refereeing.

sam went blatantly out of his way to grab a blokes finger and attempt to cause damage/discomfort, whether the blokes finger was busted or not sam shouldnt not have done what he did!! also how many times have you seen what sam did happen in the last 20 years? now, tell me how that relates to a nsw player running the ball and thurston attempting to tackle him. last time i checked, tackling and using your shoulder is a requirement of the game. are you suggesting that because of jt's injury he should be afforded the luxury of not having to tackle anyone because he has a shoulder injury!! plz.

do you remember when one of the morris lads busted his knee a few years back in origin, didnt stop us going at him in attack now which relates similarly to jt but no corellation at all with what sam did.

Fairly sure the impact that re injured JT's shoulder was the result of Frizzell putting his hand there when he was running with the ball ( just seen it again, it he hit him in the right shoulder. Also, Maloney deliberately grabbed at his shoulder at one point as well. What Sam did has also gone on for years, you would be pretty naive to think players with injuries havent been targeted like Sam did. Sam just got caught on camera, which is far easier these days than it would have been 20 years ago. Coverage is a lot better these days. You say Sam blatantly went out of his way to grab a blokes thumb, didnt NSW do the same thing, they targeted a player with a suspect shoulder.

What i am saying is nothing about whats been going on for years. I'm pointing out that regardless if its JT, Tyson Frizzell and his rib injury, the Morris brother you mentioned, the NRL set a dangerous precedent by how they charged Thiaday. There actual argument was

However, the NRL counsel disagreed, arguing Thaiday had held onto the thumb for "two to three seconds", and "for the purpose of causing (Bromwich) some discomfort".
Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/21/19/49/thaiday-guilty-of-bromwich-thumb-pull#1B1kGEcmhS2fyOK6.99

So what they have said is, if it caused him discomfort, its against the spirit of the game. So anything that is going to cause an already injured player discomfort is unsportsmanlike like.

I'm not saying i disagree with what you are saying about Sam, he shouldnt resort to what he did, and i think players are fair game for contact if they are deemed fit to play, but like i said, you cant pick and choose. It has to be the same rule for everyone and its clearly not. It was a stupid decision by the NRL. Thankfully, they havent been consistent.

And NSW weren't blatantly targeting Thurston's injured shoulder in an attempt to gain some kind of advantage by causing more damage/discomfort? Please...

Fifita even gave him a late whack on that shoulder.

Lol.

DCzBd_RUQAA94zj.jpg:large

That's fair enough Wolfie and really well said. However, I can live with the decision to penalise Sam because he had no reason to attack Bromwich's fingers like that. I think even if Bromwich didn't have a broken thumb, if there was footage showing Sam attacking an appendage like that he would have copped a fine.

It's like when you see players deliberately twist an ankle or apply a Cripper Crossface, that stuff isn't on.

What happened to the talk of Farah holding Pearce back? He's done nothing. Maloney is by far the better player and more important to them. Lol Pearce.

And NSW weren't blatantly targeting Thurston's injured shoulder in an attempt to gain some kind of advantage by causing more damage/discomfort? Please...

Fifita even gave him a late whack on that shoulder.

Running at a blokes injured shoulder and what Thaiday did are not even close to being in the same ball park.

Targeting a deficiency in a defensive line and being a bit of a **** are completely different if you ask me.

Geez mate calm the **** down, you hand out plenty of shit around here and have such a thin skin, and I'm the 12 year old girl.?

Barely a park footballer in most ppls opinion would be doubting a players quality, yeah?

I am calm, just saying that picking one post out of context is a dog act, but I'm not taking this any further.

What happened to the talk of Farah holding Pearce back? He's done nothing. Maloney is by far the better player and more important to them. Lol Pearce.

I never understood that criticism of Farah.

Does Smith hold Cronk or Thurston back because he takes options? Of course not.

The only criticism that could be made of Farah is that he wasn't Cameron Smith. He always had at least one costly mistake in him and you'd have to cop it if you wanted all of his positives.

Strangely his biggest problem at Souths is that he isn't selfish enough. I barely notice him on the field and that's because he's giving the ball. The reason why Souths are performing so poorly has nothing to do with him.

Running at a blokes injured shoulder and what Thaiday did are not even close to being in the same ball park.

Targeting a deficiency in a defensive line and being a bit of a **** are completely different if you ask me.

well said

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Socnorb
  • Big Del
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • KnToad
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.