Game III Discussion

After reading the credit where it's due thread, if NSW had a player with the quality of character of a Trent Hodkinson they may actually win a series.

Like in 2014? Who was their halfback again?

Like in 2014? Who was their halfback again?

I wonder why he was dropped...you would think with NSW showing a renewed focus on being loyal to blokes who have done the job I wonder why he was overlooked...doesn't seem to be any logic in persevering with players like Maloney and Pearce.

NSWRL have apparently cleared Ferguson and Dugan of any wrongdoing. They reckon Fifita didn't blow up

And every QLDer loves it

Nothing will change as long as they don't take responsibility

Look at the difference with QLD and Kevvie standing down what was it 8 (?) players from the emerging squad to foster a respectful/strong/dedicated/winning culture

A lot of QLDers gave him hell over that then......wonder what they are thinking now

And every QLDer loves it

Nothing will change as long as they don't take responsibility

Look at the difference with QLD and Kevvie standing down what was it 8 (?) players from the emerging squad to foster a respectful/strong/dedicated/winning culture

A lot of QLDers gave him hell over that then......wonder what they are thinking now
And look how many of those 8 were part of the winning series this year. A bit of discipline goes a long way.

James Hooper's car was the one vandalized.

They wrote his name on there, including Kent's with some swear words.

James Hooper's car was the one vandalized.

They wrote his name on there, including Kent's with some swear words.

That's the sort of crap that high school footy jocks would do. Goes to show some of these guys just never grow out of that high school mentality. Little shits.

I wonder why he was dropped...you would think with NSW showing a renewed focus on being loyal to blokes who have done the job I wonder why he was overlooked...doesn't seem to be any logic in persevering with players like Maloney and Pearce.

Lets be honest. They would have won with Pearce and Maloney also. Hodkinson and Reynolds done sweet **** all apart from the clinching try by Hodgo. Hayne carried them all series back before he left and even then they were only beating us with scorelines with **** all points.

Our attack that year was diabolical. We seemed to want to get into that scrappy forward battle with no ball movement that they mastered that series. We saw what happened in the third game when the shackles were let off. Was a beatdown.

You can blame Pearce and Maloney all you want they are still clearly the best combo they have and it's not looking that much brighter unless Cleary turns into something.

Lets be honest. They would have won with Pearce and Maloney also. Hodkinson and Reynolds done sweet **** all apart from the clinching try by Hodgo. Hayne carried them all series back before he left and even then they were only beating us with scorelines with **** all points.

Our attack that year was diabolical. We seemed to want to get into that scrappy forward battle with no ball movement that they mastered that series. We saw what happened in the third game when the shackles were let off. Was a beatdown.

You can blame Pearce and Maloney all you want they are still clearly the best combo they have and it's not looking that much brighter unless Cleary turns into something.

You could be right.

I don't really remember the 2014 series tbh. As the years go by and the QLD juggernaut rolls on it's become a strange year. Did it really happen? Did NSW win a series? Was it a dream?

I think Hodkinson is a better player than Pearce. He has a better kicking game and QLD had a lot of trouble getting out of their own half for those first two games.

I don't rate Maloney at all - apart from his ability to give the Maroons crucial penalties. Love those.

You could be right.

I don't really remember the 2014 series tbh. As the years go by and the QLD juggernaut rolls on it's become a strange year. Did it really happen? Did NSW win a series? Was it a dream?

I think Hodkinson is a better player than Pearce. He has a better kicking game and QLD had a lot of trouble getting out of their own half for those first two games.

I don't rate Maloney at all - apart from his ability to give the Maroons crucial penalties. Love those.

I watched it back a few months ago. The style of football was batshit boring and it was basically a slogfest up the middle with sprinkled Hayne brilliance getting them over the line. The ruck was terrible. People think it is bad now in origin. Was crazy bad that year. I agree it is hard to believe they actually did win one. It was definitely an aberation. Whether they got bored with winning and just weren't motivated enough. Who knows.

I disagree on Pearce. I reckon he is a gun I just think he thinks too much at that level and has had alot of melons around him during his tenure especially in the coaching box. Robinson has been brilliant for him. I have said for years I think he is not too far from really breaking through at rep level but that is getting increasingly hard for me to keep saying when he is being involved in losing deries after losing series. He is no doubt the scapegoat for alot of it but he needs to be alot better in critical moments.

On Maloney. He is one of my most hated players. He just has that face about him haha. Didn't really notice his grubbery at the other clubs he was at but now that he is at the Sharks and surrounded by like minds across the park it really shows through. I don't really notice him alot either but to be fair every where he goes they either make grand finals or win them. Warriors, Roosters and now Sharks

I disagree on Pearce. I reckon he is a gun I just think he thinks too much at that level and has had alot of melons around him during his tenure especially in the coaching box. Robinson has been brilliant for him. I have said for years I think he is not too far from really breaking through at rep level but that is getting increasingly hard for me to keep saying when he is being involved in losing deries after losing series. He is no doubt the scapegoat for alot of it but he needs to be alot better in critical moments.

Pearce is shit at Origin and deserves to be the scapegoat. Was absolutely crap in game three. Have you seen his blooper reel?

Give someone else a chance to stink it up and then 'come good'. Pearce should be blacklisted - but he won't. Yay QLD!

Thinks too much, lol.

Thankfully, it looks like QLD will be able to supply Aus with halves when JT and Cronk are gone, keeping Pearce out of contention for a jumper.

Daley has reportedly been given another year as NSW coach in 2018. I have never seen an origin coach with his record keep getting re-appointed.

but you know what they say:

"if you always do what you've always done ... you'll always get what you've always got"

Daley has reportedly been given another year as NSW coach in 2018. I have never seen an origin coach with his record keep getting re-appointed.

but you know what they say:

"if you always do what you've always done ... you'll always get what you've always got"

NSW really want Daley and Pearce to win one together. It would make everything alright in their world.

I'd say any other coach with a brain is waiting until Smith Cronk Slater are gone before they push for the job.

They give Daley one more year, he loses gets sacked, smith & co retires so qld have less experiece, then nsw bring in gould who wins a series against an emerging qld side & he gets proclaimed to be the greatest origin coach and saviour of the (blues) known world. He retires after 1 series, qld get back to their winning ways & we have to listen for another 20 years of how gould is the only coach to beat qld.

They give Daley one more year, he loses gets sacked, smith & co retires so qld have less experiece, then nsw bring in gould who wins a series against an emerging qld side & he gets proclaimed to be the greatest origin coach and saviour of the (blues) known world. He retires after 1 series, qld get back to their winning ways & we have to listen for another 20 years of how gould is the only coach to beat qld.

Making history happen.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Organix
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.