Game Two

DCE was ineffective in attack but got through a mountain of defence very effectively

He made a lot if ineffective tackles where they carried him another 5 metres or offloaded it. He may have been involved in a lot of tackles but his one on one defense was far from effective.

Highlights of Game 2.

I decided to do the video differently this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the Maroons were trying to play the Blues around the ruck, I found it odd that they didn't utilise more inside passes and so on.

I don't think Gillett's try was a fluke. First off, it's a credit to Gillett and I hope Wayne was paying attention because that's how he's got to be utilised. On the other hand, the Blues didn't know how to deal with that change of angle and it clearly unsettled them more than just the one out running the Maroons opted for.

Plenty of improvement left in the Maroons and if Cronk returns, it will be enough to get the Maroons over the line.

He made a lot if ineffective tackles where they carried him another 5 metres or offloaded it. He may have been involved in a lot of tackles but his one on one defense was far from effective.

That's a result though of having to make so many tackles; a little guy making 30 tackles will always result in offloads and extra metres. Hoffman flogged him.

DCE made 12 more tackles than Cronk in game 1 and DCE only handled the ball 25 times- Cronk 53.

Considering the Maroons were trying to play the Blues around the ruck, I found it odd that they didn't utilise more inside passes and so on.

I don't think Gillett's try was a fluke. First off, it's a credit to Gillett and I hope Wayne was paying attention because that's how he's got to be utilised. On the other hand, the Blues didn't know how to deal with that change of angle and it clearly unsettled them more than just the one out running the Maroons opted for.

Plenty of improvement left in the Maroons and if Cronk returns, it will be enough to get the Maroons over the line.

You're right, it was rehearsed and spoken about; it was the plan all week. Just didn't come off with enough fluency on the night.

That's a result though of having to make so many tackles; a little guy making 30 tackles will always result in offloads and extra metres. Hoffman flogged him.

DCE made 12 more tackles than Cronk in game 1 and DCE only handled the ball 25 times- Cronk 53.

He was ineffective from his early tackles. Can't blame fatigue on your 4th and 5th tackle of the night.

That's a problem then. He isn't fit to play Origin in that case because no matter where he is on the field they'll always target him and he doesn't have a Tonie Carroll out there protecting him.

One thing that annoyed me about him was the set after Thurston got crunched. Thurston got the ball and you could tell he was nervous and kicked it out on the full. That is when DCE needed to put his hand up and get involved, not by running sideways. If he was ever going to step up in the Origin arena, that was the time.

DCE has been rubbish every rep he has played except one Aussie game where he was motm against Antarctica I think. The comparisons with Pearce are more than apt. Because you know, picking Pearce has worked out so well for NSW, let's copy it. Ben Hunt is our Adam Reynolds - a better option just won't get picked.

DCE has been rubbish every rep he has played except one Aussie game where he was motm against Antarctica I think. The comparisons with Pearce are more than apt. Because you know, picking Pearce has worked out so well for NSW, let's copy it. Ben Hunt is our Adam Reynolds - a better option just won't get picked.

That Antarctica team was missing their star halfback and their hooker was carrying a shoulder injury.

That Antarctica team was missing their star halfback and their hooker was carrying a shoulder injury.

To be fair, their home games are pretty brutal, they play on ice. Lucky there aren't more injuries.

To be fair, their home games are pretty brutal, they play on ice. Lucky there aren't more injuries.

Still better than playing at Brookvale. Unfortunately it's impossible to give them any home day games during the Winter months.

11406954_855580604495401_6831612329636963263_n.jpg

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.