I feel like chicken tonight! (Friday night)

mick! said:
Well, mate, I tipped the Panthers last round so I'm saying nothing!

Been a fair while since the Goosters beat us on Good Friday IIRC.

Son, make sure you tip the Roosters.

We always win when you tip the opposite team. [icon_wink

I believe the last time the Roosters beat us on Good Friday was in 2003. We're due! :P

Good Friday Stats:

Broncos 6 Roosters 2

1994: Broncos 44 def Roosters 12
2001: Roosters 20 def Broncos 18
2002: Broncos 22 def Roosters 8
2003: Roosters 27 def Broncos 20
2004: Broncos 26 def Roosters 14
2005: Broncos 40 def Roosters 22
2006: Broncos 24 def Roosters 6
2007: Broncos 32 def Roosters 10

lol PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE! yes. I have perry on the bench just incase all doesn't go to play and locky gets injured we can chuck k back to fullback and perry in 5/8. We gotta have a plan b :D

roosters were a shit team in that four year period. But now they are much improved. As much as i want broncos to win, i have a gut feeling roosters will beat us in a close one (mainly for the fact that we lost our goal kicking superb back rower, clinton and the ever improving hannat.

kimlo said:

roosters were a shit team in that four year period. But now they are much improved. As much as i want broncos to win, i have a gut feeling roosters will beat us in a close one (mainly for the fact that we lost our goal kicking superb back rower, clinton and the ever improving hannat.

So shit that in 2004 they won the minor premiership and made it too the gf [icon_wink

I don't think it will be a walk in the park, but aslong as we control possession and kick well I can't see us losing.

Sure we'll miss a few forwards, but the go forward should still be there. The backline looked pretty sharp on Sunday, so I'd expect them to fire again

ronnyd said:
kimlo said:

So shit that in 2004 they won the minor premiership and made it too the gf [icon_wink

Start of season form means absolutely nothing. Broncos were extremely ordinary to start in 2006, they won the premiership. Means nothing that they got to the GF in 2004, still were playing shit to start off the season in that time. Take the cowboys as another example won 6 games in a row to start THEN KABOOM, fucked up from there. Roosters were still pretty bad (atleast at the start of the season) back then. All I'm saying is that the broncos dominating the roosters for the past 4 years means nothing this year. New coach, two world class forwards and inform players.

No doubt another very tough assignment for our young forwards. I think we would have been ok if Parker played, just because of his experience, work ethic and leadership, not to mention his kicking. Taylor’s inclusion is a no brainer and although Kenny's is no surprise, with Hannant only a 50/50 chance, Palmer Wapau comes into consideration.

That gives us a side
1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Thaiday
9. Marsh
10. Sims
11. Stagg
12. Eastwood
13. Carroll

14. Kenny
15. Taylor
16. Wapau
17. Perry

And if that’s not the most inexperienced bench/forward pack in the league then its bloody close. Against a pack that includes Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason, Anthony Tupou, Craig Fitzgibbon, Nate Myles, Danny Nutley, we have a few issues.

My hope is that our forwards can mostly hold them and let our backs rip them apart. Hopefully Lockyer, Wallace and Marsh can keep turning their big forwards around. I guess we will see.

Prop Ben Hannant (ankle) faces a final fitness test today but the Broncos expect him to play against his old club.

I would never put Kenny on the bench!

He's a work-horse player and has a bit of sting in his defence who can play pretty much all 80 minutes so why wouldn't you throw him into the deep end right away? He's been there before and has gotten the job done. I see him a lot less effective when coming off the bench.

ALH said:
ningnangnong said:
Any news on Hannant?

I think he will be having a fitness test on his ankle/achilles, but is expected to play.

I imagine it's just achilles soreness. It's a BUGGER of an injury. The only real treatment is rest, and because the area has poor blood supply it tends to take WEEKS to get better. And it just feels wrong when it's aching and you can run OK, but when you stop to a walk it just kills. And of course, the more you play on that sort of pain, the weaker the tendon gets and then you risk it rupturing, a la Chris Walker.

Of course, it can rupture without any weakening or preceding soreness. But the soreness creates a heightened risk.

Alternatively he just copped a knock on it and it's bruised, and could well be fine by Friday if there's no structural damage to the tendon itself.

Broncos medical staff aren't stupid, they'll do the right thing by him.

Hannant has been passed FIT. _woohoo_ _woohoo_

BRISBANE prop Ben Hannant has been passed fit for Friday night's clash with Sydney Roosters in a massive boost for the Broncos.
Hannant passed a fitness test on his injured Achilles at training this morning and will play in a Broncos side hit hard by injuries to their forwards.

Brisbane will be without hit-up forward Joel Clinton and second rower COREY PARKER who are both facing up to a month on the sidelines with knee injuries.

There's a possibility Brisbane could start champion five-eighth Darren Lockyer off the bench again after using the tactic to bring him back from knee surgery against Penrith last weekend.

With Parker injured Lockyer could take over the goal kicking responsibility although half-back Peter Wallace is another good option for coach Wayne Bennett.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Excellent news, although i wanted to see Wapau play. :|

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.