PLAYER Jake Turpin is good

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Jake Turpin's energy and service out of dummy half was a contributing factor to us winning, but was he the reason we won?

No.

We would have won regardless. It wasn't even Turpin that got us back in the game, it was Glenn, Staggs and Milford. Glenn and Staggs' runs and Milford's is what got us back in the game and from then on we started running over the top of Manly.

It was only a matter of time until we started dominating them.

We did look better with Turpin at hooker, though.

McHunt

QCup Player
Sunshine Coast
Yeah well he hasn't proven shit yet.

It's easy to carve up weakened teams. Let's see how he goes against quality opposition.
Manly are still a Top 8 team.

We were a bottom of the table team, missing half our spine (Kodi and Macca) and our two leading point-scorers from last year (Isaako and Roberts). And we lost our most consistent player of the season in the 60th minute (Bird).

Yet Manly weren't able to carve us up.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Even if he plays well for the next 5 or 6 rounds, I can't imagine McCullough's reign of terror ending yet.
No way in hell Macca gets back in if, and it's a massive if we win 5 of the 6 against good sides. As much as Macca is loved and respected by his team mates Seibold has no history with him other than Seibold watching a very poor and losing imitation of Cook. No matter what a doctor told me in those circumstances I'd be telling Macca you need more time to heal and then some time in ISC to get your fitness back. If Turpin keeps going well I don't see a scenario where McCullough rejoins. I'm not saying that's what Seibold will do, just my view.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Funny how Turpin is proven after 1 win, but Siebold isn’t after 3...
I thought Turpin has the better win ratio? Isn't he three starts for three wins? Not saying Turpin is proven as such but a promising start nevertheless. Then there's the back up, back up Segyaro for Seibold to consider how he might go.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Manly are still a Top 8 team.

We were a bottom of the table team, missing half our spine (Kodi and Macca) and our two leading point-scorers from last year (Isaako and Roberts). And we lost our most consistent player of the season in the 60th minute (Bird).

Yet Manly weren't able to carve us up.
I reckon if they had DCE, Tommy Turbo and Fanou Blake they would have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Highlights