Karmichael's Shot On Anasta.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
No doubt we'll be subjected to moaning from the usual suspects, but does he have any case to answer and should he be charged?

Personally I thought there was nothing really in it. Shoulders to the head are illegal but given Anasta was clearly falling into what would've been a legitimate shoulder charge I think a simple penalty was quite sufficient, and on report at worst.

Knowing the MRC and judiciary though, anything could happen and he may cop a high grade for it despite his clean record.

He has a very clean record in his 4 year career. I think he'll be fine.

he should be charged in line with past high tackles.

but anasta tripped over his feet and fell on his knees literally a millisecond before hunt it him - but I got the feeling hunt would've hit him high regardless.

couple of things:

1. His arm wasn't cocked as some people have been saying
2. Anasta fell into the tackle
3. There was no intention to strike the head

Fittler and Anasta both had no concerns over the high shoulder charge that knocked the five-eighth out briefly, with Anasta's nose still bleeding more than half an hour after the game.

"I cannot remember it, but everyone told me I slipped into it a bit," said Anasta.

"(Hunt) was very apologetic and I have no worries with (the tackle) at all.

"All I know is I have a lot of respect for him for apologising."

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/broncos-bag-2014-victory-over-roosters/20080321-20xk.html

he'll probably be charged.... but hopefully should avoid a suspension..

i remember a tackle last year i think, when a bulldogs player smashed someone in the head plead not guilty at the judiciary and got off because the victim was falling.

we also need to remember that no Broncos player as contested a charge at the judiciary and won since the NRL started in 1998

I don't think he has a case to answer.

But you should have heard ABC radio.

They were going on & on, saying it was nearly as bad as the Les Boyd tackle on Daryl Brohman. [icon_non

One of them said he could get 18 months. :shock:

Kaz said:
One of them said he could get 18 months. :shock:

[icon_lol1.

I can see him getting charged and all, it did look pretty bad, but he has no history with the judiciary so it shouldn't be too bad.

He'll be fine. Nothing in it, absolutely accidental

Did anyone catch the ABC call of the game? Geez they blew a gasket for a good 10 minutes over this.

I didn't see much to it. It reminded me of a similar incident that occured to Karmichael during his International debut where Pritchard knocked him into next week. The way the ABC crew were making it out made me imagine a Boyd/Brohman exchange.

Haha yeah I heard ABC went off - would love to hear audio of them going off. :P

They seem to get on their high horse and get violently angry about something every week....

I'm honestly surprised anyone could be going off about it! I haven't seen it on tv yet but from what I saw on the big screen there was absolutely nothing in it. The crowd wanted him sent off but I didn't even think it was worthy of being put on report (that's trying to be as unbiased as possible).

When the tackle was shown on TV & Channel 9 said Anasta was falling etc, & they don't think he has a case to answer, the nuffys on ABC radio said, did they watch the same tackle. [icon_confu

I may ring them up tomorrow & ask are they blind.

Nearly as bad as Les Boyd? bloody hell how can anyone even compare that to what Les Boyd did to Darryl Brohman, Boyd did everything in his capabilities to cause as much damage as possible. It looks bad at first glance I will grant that but in Hunt's defence as mentioned already Anasta was falling into it, Hunt did not have a cocked elbow and no intention to hit Anasta's head.

Heard several reports about what was said on ABC and I have to say i'm confused. Not only do they seem to be the only party that believes it was a highly serious incident, but the extent to which they went off about it confirms that they must have abused some sort of illegal substance prior to commentating tonight's game. 18 months FFS. Get your heads checked boys, I wouldn't even expect rubbish like that from Hadley's mob.

GCBRONCO said:
Hunt did not have a cocked elbow and no intention to hit Anasta's head.

Try telling them that.

Going by their call he used an elbow.

I thought at the time, he must be going to be sent off & Anasta was almost decapitated.

Good God.

Even the article on the ABC website states that we should think ourselves lucky we finished with 13 men tonight [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• KnToad
  • lynx000
  • Morepudding
  • Socnorb
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.