COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Jones runs the real risk of doing an Anderson Silva with his legs too. He's got the skinniest legs in the division by far.

Watched 2 events from last week..Cung Le vs Bisping was a mismatch, Le was unrecognisable by the 1st round even.
Also seeing Benson Henderson lose quick and by tko was surprising though, but that Los Anjos was beast!

I think Benson is a bit in love with himself, so I wasn't disappointed when he got KO'd.

One thing Joe Rogan mentioned was that Nick Diaz is going to fight Anderson Silva soon. I would have thought the mental scarring of that horrific leg break would ruin Anderson.

Yeah read reports Andersons leg is pretty much 100% fit, but in his mind is he really confident? Have yet to see footage of him training

UFC 180 was to be Mark Hunts rise, but fell short, literally. Verdum's nice right knee was sneaky and Hunt even said after "the good ones are the ones you dont see". Hope he still has a couple of contractual fights left, Hunt is far from finished

Rhonda Rousey scares the shit out of me. The way she walks out to the octagon is intimidating as ****. I'd rather stand in front of the All-blacks Haka than her.

Rhonda Rousey scares the **** out of me. The way she walks out to the octagon is intimidating as ****. I'd rather stand in front of the All-blacks Haka than her.

that 14sec win vs Zingano was trippy, just like that.. whos next

It will be interesting to see if they sell out Etihad stadium with Ronda and Joanna as the main and co main event. The rest of the card is meh apart from Whittaker vs Bisping.

I would go to see Ronda. But I'm saving for America.

If Hunt vs Silva gets on the card, it will be a lot better. They wont dance around the cage for three rounds that's for sure.

So its 1 a piece for this Mcgregor v Diaz rivalry & now theyre getting slapped a lawsuit over their press conference olympic bottle throwing contest lol They can afford it though..well Conor can anyways with the payday he got

Conor needs to fight Aldo now. Jose more than earned his rematch with his dismantling of Frankie Edgar.

Watched "Hurt Business" a couple of days ago, about MMA and its history to today..bit of a rehash doco unless you dont know MMA origins..bit old too since it had holly holm & Rousey gearing to fight..

Might be worth a watch :)

Ronda Rousey needs to stick to Judo and BJJ exclusively or just retire. She has no stand up game.

I think Ronda Rousey needs to stick to making movies, can't see her fighting competitively ever again, she's just completely broken mentally, you could tell from the second Nunes hit her with the first punch that she was done.

All that hype, the promos etc and she doesn't even last a minute.

She is done.

She is too fragile mentally to handle defeat.

Against Holm it was so obvious that she couldn't compete standing up with a striker. Her footwork sucks and she doesn't move her head, nor does she have the chin to take punishment. She didn't fix ANY of that this time around and got annihilated. She's done.

Whoever told Rousey she could box completely fucked her career.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Fozz
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.