Movie Thread

Braveheart was based on a real person but is completely inaccurate. Saving Ryan’s Privates I believe is fictional but very accurate to real war.

Both win for different reasons.
Braveheart is all over the shop. I love a period piece but it ruins the immersion for me when there's so much wrong with the historical accuracy.

Brisbane
Braveheart was based on a real person but is completely inaccurate. Saving Ryan’s Privates I believe is fictional but very accurate to real war.

Both win for different reasons.
Not entirely fictional. It's partly based on a true story about the Niland brothers that served in the US Army during WW2.

Braveheart is all over the shop. I love a period piece but it ruins the immersion for me when there's so much wrong with the historical accuracy.
I know, his sword was nowhere near big enough. I’ve been to Stirling castle and I’ve seen William Wallace’s actual sword and it was friggin massive.

Easily the most impressive part of his story and it was glossed over!

Bloody Hollywood!

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep
He hates the English I've heard so he makes them look like bastards. Look at how he made them complete assholes in The Patriot too.

Speaking of historically inaccurate movies, I really liked The Greatest Showman, I actually really, really liked it.

Ipswich
I just watched the Netflix movie 'The boy who harvested the Wind' and I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular but due to it's truthful origins it makes the movie that little bit special. A feel good ending never goes astray.

Two end credit scenes. The second one isn't important but kind of amusing.
That is actually really good to know because the cleaners at the cinema are as annoying as anything and tell people to get out when the credits roll.

I'm seeing it in 4D, do you guys have that back there yet?

Two end credit scenes. The second one isn't important but kind of amusing.
That is actually really good to know because the cleaners at the cinema are as annoying as anything and tell people to get out when the credits roll.

I'm seeing it in 4D, do you guys have that back there yet?

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Ditched work early yesterday to go watch it. I went in expecting it to be decent and I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than that.

The scene where she realises the true extent of her powers was just plain fun.

Alec

International Rep
Jesus the Disney CGI just looks creepy as fuck, I don't get it. I remember watching Beauty and the Beast at the cinema, those talking cups and mugs just looked fucked.

Jesus the Disney CGI just looks creepy as fuck, I don't get it. I remember watching Beauty and the Beast at the cinema, those talking cups and mugs just looked fucked.
Have you seen Will Smith as the Genie in the trailers for Aladdin? THAT'S creepy.

I went to see Dumbo the other day because my better half wanted to see an English movie and we'd already seen Captain Marvel twice, Shazam and there was nothing on and it was in 4D.

Dumbo was a visually pretty movie, that's about it. It had a lot going on in it and I can honestly say, it was a movie no one was asking for and really did not need to be made. Danny De Vito was great though but the main girl was just so boring and bland.