NEWS POSTING ON BRONCOSHQ

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hi Everyone,

We have made an addition to our rules regarding the posting of news on BroncosHQ.

----------------

News Posting
We welcome members to post Broncos and NRL news to their respective threads. All news must be formatted correctly. Please make sure all photo credits remain, the author, source, and date, including a link to the original article, MUST be posted at the top of the article. You must use the headline presented on the original article. Do not change it in anyway. Please use the 'NEWS' prefix when posting news.
Staff will clean up articles and advise when we have done this. If you receive notification that this has occurred, please view the changes, and make sure you follow the correct layout next time. Failure to adhere to this rule will be placed on the same level of seriousness as ignoring a staff request, which will gain 2 warning points.

--------------------------

We appreciate everyone who helps generate discussion with news. Lately we have seen a number of members changing headlines to suit themselves, and their thoughts. The title when posting a news article should be word for word, and should not reflect an opinion. Unfortunately, we have seen some members who have decided to ignore this advice, so we have had to add it to the rules.

We also request that you take some time to make sure the news article is laid out correctly, and looks presentable. We suggest taking a look at some of the articles posted by staff to see what we mean.

If you have any questions, please open a thread in staff chat, or PM one of us for further details.

Sorry Nashy, been getting a bit over-excited and carried away. Will tone it down a bit as per your request.

I really want the old version back, the new version isn’t so friendly to mobile users

Good idea to enforce guidelines Nashy. I’ve always been a little concerned about how copyright laws apply to our posting of 3rd party resources.

When choosing the ‘NEWS’ prefix, is there a way to to enforce a template for required fields such as the ones you’ve stated, before being able to correctly publish (I’m thinking Wordpress/Drupal functionality)?

This will be implemented soon and is currently in testing.

Sorry Nashy, been getting a bit over-excited and carried away. Will tone it down a bit as per your request.

You need to read your private messages urgently.

I really want the old version back, the new version isn’t so friendly to mobile users

Could you please send me a private message or open a thread in staff chat to discuss this. I'm keen to hear your thoughts. A few people have advised they aren't happy with mobile, but they haven't followed through and given me anything to work with.

Warning noted and heeded Nashy. I won't post any further news articles. Apologies again.

Hi Everyone,

We appreciate everyone who helps generate discussion with news. Lately we have seen a number of members changing headlines to suit themselves, and their thoughts. The title when posting a news article should be word for word, and should not reflect an opinion. Unfortunately, we have seen some members who have decided to ignore this advice, so we have had to add it to the rules.

This is a reasonable request - if these are to be the formal guidelines in reposting copy from behind paywalls, and the site owners are to be held responsible. I would only like to add almost all stories from News LTD sources will have multiple headlines, even under the same masthead. The Courier Mail sports section, for example, almost always uses different link text from the copy heading, and this frequently changes through the day.

That is their IP right to do so, not your’s, sweetheart. X
You really don't understand this subject, nor apostrophes.

Last edited:
There is no reason for arguments in this thread. We have set our rules, and that is that.

We understand headlines change many times through the day. What we are looking to avoid here is those members who are creating their own headlines to turn them into click bait headlines, or to add their own opinion.

If people want to keep pushing, we will ban all news posting except from approved members. @McHunt - Your point is made, and I request you end the discussion. If you feel we need to stop it, open a staff chat, and we will discuss, put a rule in place, and call it McHunt's rule or something so the rest of the members here know why they are again, restricted from viewing content.

Edit: end of discussion. Saw last post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.