NFL 2018 Discussion

I thought Gilmore or Hightower deserved MVP, that Defence was something else. They are going to haunt Goff's nightmares for days. Happy with Jules though, what a machine. He saved Brady so many times. The Rams did a great job of shutting down White.

WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Don't watch this sport much but tuned in today. Have to say it was boring as crap, what's Americas obsession with it? RL kicks it's ass.

Don't watch this sport much but tuned in today. Have to say it was boring as crap, what's Americas obsession with it? RL kicks it's ass.

It is a great game, you picked a bad one to be your first one. This was the most boring super bowl I have seen.

Glad I slept through it...

Why does Brady kiss everyone on the lips. Dude is wild af.

Didn't Bellechick kiss his daughter on the lips as well? They are weird motherfuckers in Boston.

Why does no one blast the Saints for deliberately trying to target injured players or actually injure players? So much worse than that video incident one time 15 years ago.
Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, as a Saints fan I can confirm that we never hear about BountyGate. That might be the first time I've heard it mentioned since it happened, actually.

Just to even out the playing field a little, though, there's plenty of other documented cheating across the board: https://yourteamcheats.com/. Saints and Pats are both 'below average' cheaters, it turns out!

It wasn't a great game to watch, but full credit to the Pats, they absolutely stifled McVay and Goff and that vaunted offense. The Pats’ O couldn’t get anything much going themselves, but did just enough when it mattered to win it. I feel sorry for the Rams’ defense, because restricting the Pats to 13 points should have been more than enough.

I suspect it’d have been a different game had the Saints made it, not least because, you know, Payton and Brees are actually capable of making adjustments in-game. I don’t know that they’d have won it, but I figure they’d have at least scored more than 3 points…

That pats defence was on another level yesterday to where they have been all year. Sure it didn't have a 37-30 score line but in a modern NFL era where total points scored for a game normally exceed 40+ this was a very pleasant surprise. On any other day, the Rams defence wins the game for them too. It took Brady basically having the go to two of the most elite players in the business in Edelman and Gronk to get the job done when it mattered the most.
Coaching was the real difference in the game and it showed. Belichick completely outfoxed McVay's very much vaunted offence. To hold a team that scored 33pts per game this year to just 3 points is insane. Experience in big games counts for a lot.

That pats defence was on another level yesterday to where they have been all year. Sure it didn't have a 37-30 score line but in a modern NFL era where total points scored for a game normally exceed 40+ this was a very pleasant surprise. On any other day, the Rams defence wins the game for them too. It took Brady basically having the go to two of the most elite players in the business in Edelman and Gronk to get the job done when it mattered the most.
Coaching was the real difference in the game and it showed. Belichick completely outfoxed McVay's very much vaunted offence. To hold a team that scored 33pts per game this year to just 3 points is insane. Experience in big games counts for a lot.
Exactly, as a pats fan where for the last 2 seasons 3rd and long meant a massive play for the other side, the last 3 weeks have been mind blowing.
Remember at the start of last season where everyone was saying Bellichick paying Gilmore instead of Butler was ridiculous? What a turn around!

You've got to question the usage of Gurley as well. Can't believe they left him on the pine so much.

The Patriots were always going to target the run and make Goff win the game, but you have to let a player like that try to win it for you. How many catches did he finish with? 1? Absurd IMO.

You've got to question the usage of Gurley as well. Can't believe they left him on the pine so much.

The Patriots were always going to target the run and make Goff win the game, but you have to let a player like that try to win it for you. How many catches did he finish with? 1? Absurd IMO.

Yeah I couldn't understand that either. I mean you guys had shut down the run game and there are whispers that Gurley was injured but if he is active you play him. I can understand not wanting to get him rushing too much with the injury but surely he could have been in the pass game.

Goff shit the bed and McVay seemed to be a bit out of his depth.

He was definitely injured and they tried to keep it quite all the way through the playoffs. They should have just rested him in a hope that he would be fit eventually.

He was definitely injured and they tried to keep it quite all the way through the playoffs. They should have just rested him in a hope that he would be fit eventually.

Didn't realize he was injured still. Even so - no reason they could adjust their offense to dink and dunk. There were yards to be had in the short - intermediate route tree. Gurley would have been perfect for it. Cooks would have been too but they didn't use him that way.

Goff was just horrible. I can't remember another instance where a QB was so dominant through the season and then went to shit in the SB. Maybe Rich Gannon but that was probably more on the insane Bucs D.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.