NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Turner named in the centres for the bunnies. Classic Bennett, just takes me right back to premiership winning centre David Stagg.

Doesn't he have a Brent Tate style neck brace? It all makes sense.

Would any team bother trying to see if they could get Israel registered?

Would any team bother trying to see if they could get Israel registered?
The Roosters ....

Unless the decide to put it in the too hard basket.

But I have zero doubts that they'll at the very least make enquiries with the NRL

tonight showed that there is no longer any need to keep up with the pretense of having a restart clock.

after Gillett's try the restart clock at the ground was on zero for 1-2 seconds before the Tigers kicked off and no penalty ... hell there wasn't even the buzzer to show the clock had reached zero...

Did anyone watch Controversy Corner on Sunday night? I recorded it and watched it this morning over breaky. They had one of the stupidest takes I've heard all year.

They were discussing the NSW origin team and how the halves are out of form, etc. Bill Harrigan then pipes up and says "What about Klemmer? He's out of form" and the other 3 yes-men all agreed wholeheartedly and said he's not doing his job and is way down on form for someone getting paid like he is.

Do they watch football? Klemmer has been unreal, comfortably their best player this season and arguably the form prop of the competition, the stats back that up as well.. Here are his per game averages so far -

65 minutes
18.6 hit-ups (#1 forward in NRL)
181.7 metres (#1 forward in NRL)
67.2 post-contact metres (#1 in NRL)
1.6 tackle breaks
1.2 offloads
37.4 tackles (98% efficiency)
0.6 missed tackles
0.4 penalties conceded
0.4 errors

Am I missing something? I really don't know what else he's supposed to be doing. Maybe I'm just biased because I have him in SuperCoach, but I feel he's playing unreal.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch Controversy Corner on Sunday night? I recorded it and watched it this morning over breaky. They had one of the stupidest takes I've heard all year.

They were discussing the NSW origin team and how the halves are out of form, etc. Bill Harrigan then pipes up and says "What about Klemmer? He's out of form" and the other 3 yes-men all agreed wholeheartedly and said he's not doing his job and is way down on form for someone getting paid like he is.

Do they watch football? Klemmer has been unreal, comfortably their best player this season and arguably the form prop of the competition, the stats back that up as well.. Here are his per game averages so far -

65 minutes
1.6 tackle breaks
1.2 offloads
0.6 missed tackles
0.4 penalties conceded
0.4 errors

Am I missing something? I really don't know what else he's supposed to be doing. Maybe I'm just biased because I have him in SuperCoach, but I feel he's playing unreal.

I agree. I reckon these guys don't actually watch games, and because the Knights are going poorly as a team, assume Klemmer must be doing poorly himself.

65 minutes
1.6 tackle breaks
1.2 offloads
0.6 missed tackles
0.4 penalties conceded
0.4 errors

Agreed, he's in career best form.

Look at the Controversy Corner panel...
Nuff said.

Klemmer had that one miss on AFB and therefore he stinks.

I agree. I reckon these guys don't actually watch games, and because the Knights are going poorly as a team, assume Klemmer must be doing poorly himself.

I can assure you these guys don’t watch the game and this is their thought process.

Knights suck, who is their highest paid player? Kalyn? Oh we can’t back him because he is part of the ‘Fox Sports’ family, who’s next?

Phil Gould about to quit\be sacked? Board meeting tomorrow.

So I don't even know what to say or where to put this......it's an odd one.

The AFL are talking about banning booing altogether at their matches.

What in ****'s name is generation snowflake doing to the world??!?

I would very much like to know how they are even going to enforce that.

I would very much like to know how they are even going to enforce that.

They would need the whole country's riot police at the venue and probably 20 000-30 000 paddy wagons, depending on their capacity.

Melbourne seems like the special snowflake capital of Australia.

Doubt that the general afl fan supports this as it sounds like another pc gone mad episode.
It would have to be coming from the afl hierarchy. If McLachlan who I rate as an administrator and once thought he would be a good fit as nrl ceo has anything to do with it he is an idiot and I would be glad he didn’t come over after all.

0A7BAA65 277D 40A6 8865 ED6AECB0B271

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.