NEWS Oates gives up half a mill to stay with Broncos

Where did you get the Ferguson salary from? Everywhere I've looked says 500 a season.
Apologies you are correct. I was mis-informed and was under the assumption he had a $1.64m two year deal.
Nonetheless off-field issues aside, he is an elite NRL winger and is now consistent in his mature years.
In that case considering his age, Oates' contract is probably fair market value actually.

Apologies you are correct. I was mis-informed and was under the assumption he had a $1.64m two year deal.
Nonetheless off-field issues aside, he is an elite NRL winger and is now consistent in his mature years.
In that case considering his age, Oates' contract is probably fair market value actually.
I think they are two of the most valuable wingers in the game at their best. Fergo has been cutting his error count and stupidity on the field in recent years, I hope Oates works on it too.

Hunt bombed a try, gave the Cowboys that field position by having the ball stripped in the final minute and also had given away field position earlier by a dangerous throw on JT. It was a poor read at the end by Oates, but everything leading up to it was Hunt letting us down.

EDIT: It wasn't JT he did the throw on, I got that wrong.
And with 5 secs to go Morgan had 4 players on him 5 mtrs short and no chance of scoring but Oates somehow thought he would come in and leave his opposite unmarked. I mean all he had to do was stand still.
In my mind a far greater sin than anything Hunt did.
It seems im still working on letting it go.😡

And with 5 secs to go Morgan had 4 players on him 5 mtrs short and no chance of scoring but Oates somehow thought he would come in and leave his opposite unmarked. I mean all he had to do was stand still.
In my mind a far greater sin than anything Hunt did.
It seems im still working on letting it go.😡
I get what you're saying, I just don't think they would have been in that corner, with us fatigued out of our minds and causing such a brain fade by Oates, if Ben Hunt had taken a Valium at half time and maintained some composure.

It seems im still working on letting it go.[emoji35]

I will never let it go. That one hurt like a bitch, but I agree with Finbar, Hunt had way more to do with it than Oates.

Didn't Hunt kick the ball out on the full too? I think it was on the attack in the opposition 30 or 40.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Lazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Strop
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.