NEWS Pangai's future at Red Hill remains up in the air

“I won’t be convincing him to leave.’’

tenor.gif

They are mates. Lodge is just saying that if TPJ chooses to leave, it won’t be because he advised him to...
With all this talk about players and their contracts and wanting to leave the club, could there possibly be some issues with TPAs not being honoured for certain players ATM and therefore the club has to try and absorb it somehow under the cap. Might explain why some players are not delivering what was expected when they signed on. Also I wonder how many wins does AS have to get to keep his job for next year? If that is not met does that mean PW would have to leave with him? For their sake let’s hope it doesn’t get to that.

With all this talk about players and their contracts and wanting to leave the club, could there possibly be some issues with TPAs not being honoured for certain players ATM and therefore the club has to try and absorb it somehow under the cap. Might explain why some players are not delivering what was expected when they signed on. Also I wonder how many wins does AS have to get to keep his job for next year? If that is not met does that mean PW would have to leave with him? For their sake let’s hope it doesn’t get to that.
Hooper... is that you???

Based on something or absolute thin air?

I would imagine if contracts aren’t being honoured, then we wouldn’t just being seeing poor performance. We’d be seeing players suing the club...

So if a coach doesn’t live up to expectation, then that would see Paul White would get the boot too? I wonder why we didn’t see PW get the boot last year then? We certainly had a coach who for the past 4 years hadn’t ‘lived up to expectations...’

I do perhaps think there is more to a football club CEO’s job than hiring and firing coaches. So I imagine that the other parts of Paul White’s job, might be a factor in whether he is retained, not to mention whether he even wants to continue, personally...

“Where I play my best footy is more important than money.’’

Asked if he thought his best football would be in Brisbane, Pangai said: “I’d like to think so. I’ll wait and see.’’

What does this even mean?

Tbh if some of these players leave its on them and the squad in general. I held hope these boys were tight and would stick together for greatness but it just feels like lame old excuses, kinda like they’re about to break up with their girlfriend but don’t want to tell her straight and instead are toting out lines like it’s not you it’s me...

Last year his future was also 'up in the air' because he 'wanted to prove his worth'. This year, to me, the only thing he has proved is a lack of desire.
This however can also be said of Roberts, Boyd, Isaako and a few others on a diminishing scale.
If they were babies you'd be changing their formula.

Last edited:
What does this even mean?
That comment pisses me off. He gets the best facilities and whatever he wants off the field, if a player can't make it here it is extremely unlikely they will make it another club unless THEIR OWN attitude or desire changes. Its an absolute cop out, I can see TPJ having a couple of sporadic amazing years in his career but overall it being a big disappointment

Am I the only one who feels like every time one of our players opens their mouths these days that I like them less.

TPJ not sure about his future, or where he’ll play his best footy.

Lodge “if they pay him enough he might (stay)”

Darius ‘I’m happy with my form’ Boyd

Gillo - Seibs is alright. I’ve had a lot of coaches and you learn something from all of them.

Bird - I disagree with Seibold’s decision to drop Roberts but we have to cop it.

None of them have showed any real support towards Seibold, or taken any responsibility for form.

If pangai keeps signing one year deals then his future will always be in the air

Am I the only one who feels like every time one of our players opens their mouths these days that I like them less.

Gillo - Seibs is alright. I’ve had a lot of coaches and you learn something from all of them.

Bird - I disagree with Seibold’s decision to drop Roberts but we have to cop it.

None of them have showed any real support towards Seibold, or taken any responsibility for form.

And what does that tell you?

Definitely not the only one. At this rate I would be happy to hold onto Dearden, Milford and some of the young forwards like Flegler, Offa, Fifita, Sua etc. and the rest can **** right off. I would cop a five year rebuild to not have to watch these ungreatful, unproven sacks of shit skulking around the field and speaking shit to the media.

The worst part of this is that they have actually proven Tallis right as much as I hate to say that. They are a bunch of entitled ***** that walk around like the own Brisbane without winning fucking anything.

How fucking dumb do you think we are *****. To say you are all playing like a busted arse is understating it, yet instead of any form of contrition or accountability all we hear is "happy with my form" "not going too bad" "give me the money"

**** off the lot of you and stop disgracing our fucking jersey *****.

Last edited:

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • eggstar10
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Rookie Alan
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • broncoscope
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • armchair
  • Fatboy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.