NEWS Pangai's future at Red Hill remains up in the air

Subpar just means below average. Subpar intelligence is exactly what Inglis has. This is a guy who needed an excuse as to why he wasn't on a plane to Brisbane and came up with "it's raining". A guy who was down by 2 points and took a shot at a field goal. A guy who was made Australian captain and screwed it up the next day. I have no problem saying he has subpar intelligence, he's lucky he was good at RL.
That's fine, I understand what subpar means and you're entitled to your opinions on GI. I'm arguing (against OP's original point) that only intelligent players can excel at their chosen sport. I think that has been proven incorrectly many times.

GI was always worth his contract price and I doubt that the Rabbitohs win a premiership in 2014 without him.

I'm the biggest Pangai fan out there, but geez he's really shitting the bed this year in his quest for a huge, long-term contract. Would be lucky to get extended with us on somewhere near the money he wants at this point.

I actually think he has been badly advised; in his mind its like he only has 1 year to "prove" whatever he thinks he needs to, and consequently is trying to be Superman every time he steps onto the field to "justify" that decision..

He needs to, like the rest of the team, to nail the basics of modern rugby league first; then he can build upon this and look to prove what he is worth...

In other words, he should NOT have signed a 1 year deal, by the looks of it it has actually been counter-productive to his form...

Now listen up folks...and when I say folks, I am referring to the Broncos brass...YOU WILL NEVER MAKE SOMEONE WITH SUBPAR INTELLIGENCE and make them smarter. The best althletes that justifyily earn the biggest contracts not only have great phyical gifts, they have a good head on their shoulders as well. The Roberts, and TPJ's of the world will only go so far because of their mind. It was what makes Cameron Smith, Lockyer, Cronk a cut above and it is also why TPJ is NEVER going to be worth throwing a pile of money at.

Don’t enter a spelling contest with them, that’s for sure...

I can just imagine Roosters signing him on a pity contract
I actually think he has been badly advised; in his mind its like he only has 1 year to "prove" whatever he thinks he needs to, and consequently is trying to be Superman every time he steps onto the field to "justify" that decision..

He needs to, like the rest of the team, to nail the basics of modern rugby league first; then he can build upon this and look to prove what he is worth...

In other words, he should NOT have signed a 1 year deal, by the looks of it it has actually been counter-productive to his form...

You might be right. It's sort of similar with Oates, who also signed a 1 year extension. At times he looks like a star, and other times he doesn't even look first grade standard.

It took JT some time to become the player he is today.

A lot of people forget how JT was when he started out because of his performances today. But he struggled. Consistency wasn't his strong point and he could barely last 80 minutes. He had a hard time stringing good games together.

IIRC, it took a harsh reality check from Green for him to really pull his head in and become the player he is today.

I see the same in TPJ. He'll come good, just hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Yeah debuted 2010 and was still playing 13 ISC games in 2013.

Last edited:
I think by TPJ's age, Taumalolo already had a Dally M medal.
I don't think TPJ has that same potential as Taumalolo, but then Taumalolo is the best forward in the game, so TPJ doesn't need to. If he can be like 80-85% as good as peak Lolo consistently, that's already excellent.

Last edited:
yeh different players peak at different times....Pangai has a enormous ceiling in the game but I believe knocking back a multi year deal and instead penning 12 month one has done nothing to allow him to knuckle down and really start honing his game and improve his weaknesses...he has instead put needless pressure onto himself for no good reason...

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 61 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.