Reece Robinson

trigrhappi said:
I think he's gone all-right so far. Other than that air-swing, when jumping for the ball late in Friday's game, he's been solid and looks to be a far more instinctive league player than Boyd. So far I'd give him a -B for 2008.

You really don't like Boyd do you? eusa_think

I think Hodgo should be feeding him a bit more of the ball rather than trying to go around the players as he did on Friday night. I reckon he's got more in him than most people think if given some attacking opportunities because at the moment he's only been doing defensive work and he's not too bad at it.

SimplyBronco said:
You really don't like Boyd do you? eusa_think

You really do like putting words in my mouth don't you eusa_think

What I said was that he seems like a more instinctive footballer than Darius. Just because there are a further 15 Broncos players that are also more 'instinctive' footballers, does not mean I dislike Darius.

So the fact you mention Boyd rather than any of the other 15 players on the team to compare with is not an indication that you hold something against the bloke? [eusa_naugh He's obviously not spectacular but let's face it, our expectations sometimes are far too over our heads because of the success we've consistently had and the talent we've fielded.

SimplyBronco said:
So the fact you mention Boyd rather than any of the other 15 players on the team

eusa_think Boyd happens to be the other winger. Makes for a logical comparison...

Indeed.

Though not much separates the roles of the positions in the backline these days for the 2, 3, 4 & 5. We'd just have to wait and see how he goes for the next few rounds before making up our minds. I don't think he's actually been tested thoroughly enough.. eusa_think

Positive: The Broncos haven't lost yet.

Negative: If Robinson doesn't pick up his game this weekend he will be dropped.

I have nothing against Robinson, he is yet to show any brilliance but at the same time his mediocrity has been mistake free. I feel he needs to go for the simple reason I believe Hodges has no faith in him either attacking nor defensively.

I still cannot figure how Kemp has not been given a go, in the fleeting moments that he has had in the top grade he has impressed more than any other rookie in the last handful of seasons, yet in return he gets a permanent gig in the Reggies. I just don't get it.

Another option would be Rodney Davies, but I'd still give anything for Kemp to get the opportunities that it seems plenty of other players are afforded.

SSS said:
I have nothing against Robinson, he is yet to show any brilliance but at the same time his mediocrity has been mistake free. I feel he needs to go for the simple reason I believe Hodges has no faith in him either attacking nor defensively.

Why do you think that?

ningnangnong said:
SSS said:

Why do you think that?

I guess mainly because Hodges didn't pass to him when he had a couple of chances to, but that could just be Hodges going for it himself, as we all know its sometimes better for the winger to come infield for the pass.
Defensively, it seemed hodges let them run down the sideline then bundle them into touch, whether it had anything to do with Reece I'm not sure, I was at the game and forgot to take my glasses so I couldn't see a thing really haha.
At the end of the day, probably not much of a combination yet really... He doesn't seem like a flyer thuogh Reece does he? I'd definitely give him few more games to show his worth though, especially if we have no intention of blooding someone long term.

Active Now

• Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.