PRE-GAME Round 10 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I am a big believer in cutting the deadwood, no matter the short-term effects. Jimmy needs to show one of two things:

1. He wants to be at the Broncs and is willing to work hard for another opportunity (preferable)

2. He has mentally checked out and is over it (non-preferable but important to find out)

So, regardless of whether Bird got injured or not and regardless of whether Shibasaki is rubbish (likely) or not, Roberts needs to re-earn the privilege of playing for this club. Siebs does not look great so far with his on-field coaching BUT he is making important decisions to re-direct the club and that NEEDS to happen. He is starting to make playing for the Broncs a privilege and not a right and that is important in setting this club up for long-term success once again.

Jimmy needs to be an example of one of the two options above and become a redemption or warning example.

Yeah exactly right. Bird’s injury is very poor timing as the dropped Roberts hasn’t even played an ISC game yet. I think bringing Roberts back into the team, even when he is obviously the best option, would not teach him or other players anything.

By holding out at least one more week, James will actually have to show he wants it instead of just having it handed to him.

Watching that clip of Seggy at the airport was pretty funny. The guy seems like a real character. I’ve actually met him once out on the piss a few years back. We were both pretty sidewards but he was pretty cool with me harassing him and he behaved very tamely that night.

So Roberts wasn't brought in because he hasn't proven himself in QLD Cup after being dropped. That's fine, but then why is Isaako back into the side? He hasn't played QLD Cup after being dropped (just like Roberts), and his form throughout the season has been just as bad as Jimmy's, probably even worse.

So Roberts wasn't brought in because he hasn't proven himself in QLD Cup after being dropped. That's fine, but then why is Isaako back into the side? He hasn't played QLD Cup after being dropped (just like Roberts), and his form throughout the season has been just as bad as Jimmy's, probably even worse.

It's probably for the betterment of the team, we don't really have a right winger apart from Isaako.

Shibasaki is a centre that was playing out of position, if we brought Roberts back but kept Isaako on the outer we would've still had Shiba playing out of position.

And I'm guessing Seibold deemed it too early to bring both players back in at the same time, that'd kinda defeat the purpose of dropping them in the first place. Shiba will get 1 week to prove himself at centre, otherwise I'd say Jimmy is straight back in.

Well, out of necessity someone had to be promoted. I am not privy to the behind the scenes but one might assume it comes down to attitude.

Siebs should be killing two birds with one stone and having Tommy bomb to Isaako all week. It will increase his muscle memory for bombs and set up another attacking option between the pair.

Siebs should be killing two birds with one stone and having Tommy bomb to Isaako all week. It will increase his muscle memory for bombs and set up another attacking option between the pair.

Personally I think Milford needs to be the one that does that.

Based on what I've seen from Dearden's high bombs, he doesn't have variety. It's your basic high bomb, whereas Milford has a few more up his sleeve which are much harder to catch.

We'll be going up against Cronk and Keary, they are going to be putting more than just a basic high bomb up.

That's irrelevant. You said you needed to see proof about him at center. If you don't go and watch him, how can you have a valid opinion about him as a center. You are basing your opinion of him at right center based on an appearance out of position as a winger and and as a bench player in a game we got flogged in. The only other game he played he was ok in, nothing more.
Yep. He was worse than Isaako.
[automerge]1557729517[/automerge]
Obviously Shibasaki was shocking on the wing,
Sure was.

Last edited:
1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Fifita
16. Pangai Jr
17. Ofahengaue

This feels like the correct rotation for the time being, give Flegler a spell, he's had a really good first 2 months, time to give Carrigan that same opportunity for extended minutes. I'm sure Flegler will be back in the team before too long.

I would put Shibasaki at left centre.

Staggs did well up against Latrell last time around so I think we need to put Staggs on the right.

Yep. He was worse than Isaako.
[automerge]1557729517[/automerge]

Sure was.

Not even close to shocking
[automerge]1557731993[/automerge]
1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Fifita
16. Pangai Jr
17. Ofahengaue

This feels like the correct rotation for the time being, give Flegler a spell, he's had a really good first 2 months, time to give Carrigan that same opportunity for extended minutes. I'm sure Flegler will be back in the team before too long.

Not sure if carrigan can play 80 but.

Last edited:

Really bad news in my book. I had us penciled in for a surprise win against the Roosters with Roberts being reborn with a massive flea up his arse. I haven't seen much of Shibasaki but holy **** he was lucky not to have been hooked in his last game. I'm not buying the forced meme about him playing out of position. More like he was playing out of his depth. And this time he'll be up against Mitchell, a proven match winner rather than an even greener Abbas Miski (Abbas who?).

The odds have lengthened dramatically with this news.

Last edited:
Really bad news in my book. I had us penciled in for a surprise win against the Roosters with Roberts being reborn with a massive flea up his arse. I haven't seen much of Shibasaki but holy **** he was lucky not to have been hooked in his last game. I'm not buying the forced meme about him playing out of position. More like he was playing out of his depth. And this time he'll be up against Mitchell, a proven match winner rather than an even greener Abbas Miski (Abbas who?).

I do share your concerns somewhat re: Shibasaki up against Latrell, but I think we should at least give him the opportunity to play in his preferred position of centre for a game of 2 before we judge him too harshly. He may fail, but he also may very well surprise and do better than many expect.

Not sure if carrigan can play 80 but.

Doesn't need to, the idea would be to move Gillett to lock for 25ish mins and put Fifita on the right edge. Similarly to how the Rabbitohs use S.Burgess, starts on the right edge, plays 20-25 mins in the middle.

Your such a positive chap.

Your such a positive chap.
I'm tipping us to beat the Roosters. Is anyone else?
[automerge]1557735185[/automerge]
I do share your concerns somewhat re: Shibasaki up against Latrell, but I think we should at least give him the opportunity to play in his preferred position of centre for a game of 2 before we judge him too harshly. He may fail, but he also may very well surprise and do better than many expect.

I guess, but after his last outing the bar must be pretty damn low. I seem to recall him getting roundly abused the last time he played as well but can't say I noticed him amongst the rest of the stink.

Last edited:
I'm tipping us to beat the Roosters. Is anyone else?
Even the flightiest of fanboys deep down wouldn't be expecting a victory. The skill levels between the two sides are at a gap too great to imagine. Roosters by 16+.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.