11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Fifita
16. Pangai Jr
17. Ofahengaue
Maybe next week give Gillo a rest?

Even the flightiest of fanboys deep down wouldn't be expecting a victory. The skill levels between the two sides are at a gap too great to imagine. Roosters by 16+.

We have the God of Men in our corner. Turpin's got this.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Fifita
16. Pangai Jr
17. Ofahengaue
Maybe next week give Gillo a rest?

Did you just copy paste my team list 🤔

Apparently JWH has been charged with a crusher tackle? If he challenges and fails he'll miss the game, otherwise he's probably OK to play?

If Roberts is on the extended team, it's a ruse he will get the nod over Shibasaki.

I would put Shibasaki at left centre.

Staggs did well up against Latrell last time around so I think we need to put Staggs on the right.
I literally don’t want to hear people saying Shiba’s bad performance is because he’s out of position again after the match.

But i’d Definitely match staggs with Latrell.

We have the God of Men in our corner. Turpin's got this.

Funny how you praise your boy turpin , but you're dead against Shiba. In my opinion turpin was ok but no world beater.

Shibasaki is so poor. Both games he has played he has dropped the easiest of passes; one was to score over the line. He is poor in the QLD cup and will be absolutely mauled against Latrell (even though Latrell will be hindered by a groin injury). Siebs, we need ROBERTS.

Funny how you praise your boy turpin , but you're dead against Shiba. In my opinion turpin was ok but no world beater.
Shiba looked like a bunny in headlights out there. Turpin looked like a Jack Russell chasing bunnies.

Shibasaki is so poor. Both games he has played he has dropped the easiest of passes; one was to score over the line. He is poor in the QLD cup and will be absolutely mauled against Latrell (even though Latrell will be hindered by a groin injury). Siebs, we need ROBERTS.

You mean like bird dropping it over the line twice. Plenty of people think he has what it takes, are you a scout, coach, someone that has a clue ??
[automerge]1557739336[/automerge]
Shiba looked like a bunny in headlights out there. Turpin looked like a Jack Russell chasing bunnies.
That's because of his position , he needs to be on the ball. Bit harder to get into the game on the wing. Not saying turpin wasn't any good but he gave away 2 penalties and his service was a big erratic. I'm also not saying Shiba will be any good but he deserves a decent shot, because there is a reason he is in the team.

Last edited:
Even the flightiest of fanboys deep down wouldn't be expecting a victory. The skill levels between the two sides are at a gap too great to imagine. Roosters by 16+.
Nope, I don't see that at all. I'm tipping the Broncos and think they're more than capable of overcoming the odds. The Roosters have been up for a long time and we all know how hard it is to stay there. Sometimes you'll run into a team with desire and are dead set sick of being beaten. The Broncos could be that team on Friday. I totally agree with the assessment of the teams relative strengths on paper but we all know the saying.

Shibasaki needs to have a good go at right centre and what Norths do very well is early ball so he gets to use his footwork and build speed. Then his strength comes in to it

He breaks a lot of tackles once he’s moving. He only played four ISC games and was picked for Residents. He would have made 200m yesterday down that Blues left hand side.

Shibasaki needs to have a good go at right centre and what Norths do very well is early ball so he gets to use his footwork and build speed. Then his strength comes in to it

He breaks a lot of tackles once he’s moving. He only played four ISC games and was picked for Residents. He would have made 200m yesterday down that Blues left hand side.
I re-watched his game and I didn't think he did a lot wrong and mostly he was pretty good. If given a chance and his coach and team mates believes in him he may go from strength to strength. I can't believe how some can see one game and make immature snap judgement. Okay, granted there are occasions when you know someone has no future, like if they threw me a jumper but a very young athlete?

I re-watched his game and I didn't think he did a lot wrong and mostly he was pretty good. If given a chance and his coach and team mates believes in him he may go from strength to strength. I can't believe how some can see one game and make immature snap judgement. Okay, granted there are occasions when you know someone has no future, like if they threw me a jumper but a very young athlete?

It's not just me saying it. Here's a sample of the CM's player ratings from that match. Personally, I'd rate Dearden and Turpin higher, despite the latter's early penalties. Shibasaki, thought, about right. Incidentally, this is the lowest score given to any starting player:

5. GEHAMAT SHIBASAKI - 5
Mixed night. Turned over the ball to put Manly deep in attack early and was exposed defensively. Dropped another pass cold when the Broncos had momentum. Still had 132 running metres and three tackle breaks.

6. ANTHONY MILFORD – 9
Two big right-foot steps gave him a try late in the first half and a truckload of confidence. It’s amazing how different a player he looks when he runs the footy. Had two try assists for Gillett and Boyd with perfectly placed grubber kicks. Towering bombs and a 40-20 completed a fine kicking game (458 metres gained) with five tackle breaks from his darting runs. Top shelf stuff sparked by his best asset – his running game. Run Milf, run!

7. TOM DEARDEN – 6.5
In the top two games of his career. Easily. Did not overplay his hand with Milf on fire in a nice sign of maturity. A couple of dangerous darting runs and well-placed kicks in another solid display. Missed four tackles but will always be targeted by opposition ball-runners while he looks like he should be getting an award at a school assembly.

9. JAKE TURPIN – 7.5
Got a massive vote of confidence from the club on gameday when they signed fellow hooker James Segeyaro… but responded brilliantly. A lively display out of dummy-half that created time and space for his halves and forward runners. Threw in 28 tackles in an eye-catching effort in just his third NRL outing.

Watching the replay of the Suncorp encounter last year and I still can't see why TPJ copped flak for his professional foul on full time.

It put us down to 12 men, but as a result of the professional foul it allowed us to get a couple of minutes rest. It allowed us to set our defensive line and make sure everyone was on the same page defensively. It's extremely difficult to score against a whole set defensive line with one play, a lot more difficult than scoring against a retreating defensive line.

TPJ made the right call.

Watching the replay of the Suncorp encounter last year and I still can't see why TPJ copped flak for his professional foul on full time.

It put us down to 12 men, but as a result of the professional foul it allowed us to get a couple of minutes rest. It allowed us to set our defensive line and make sure everyone was on the same page defensively. It's extremely difficult to score against a whole set defensive line with one play, a lot more difficult than scoring against a retreating defensive line.

TPJ made the right call.

There wasn't a call that needed to be made. It was a slow play the ball with barely any time left on the clock. If Pangai Jr lets him play the ball, the Broncos line was set and the Roosters had less players on the field.

It was a selfish play and he came off like a lair. He was lucky the Broncos were able to hang on.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Flegler

14. Carrigan
15. Fifita
16. Pangai Jnr
17. Ofahengaue

18. Segeyaro
19. Roberts
20. Su’A
21. O’Sullivan

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.