PRE-GAME Round 10 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I’d like to see shibasaki take a lot more runs from dummy half. Even though his hands have been buttery, he still looks like a unit and can run a bit.

Roosters definitely have the edge, particularly and noticeably in the spine.

Here's a reminder of what happened last season. Note the exact moment the tide turned massively in our favour in the 23rd minute (2:35 into clip). We'll be a lot stronger this time around, without the dead weight at dummy half:

I honestly think the Roosters side is considerably better this year than the last, even if they swapped one of the best wingers in the game for a really under performing back rower (so far). Keary, Tedesco, Mitchell, SST etc. all look like they are getting even better. I think they had to use more depth than any other NRL side this season, but once they have all of their players back...watch out.

This is definitely a great time to take them on though. I just wish we had a better run of form coming in than just 1 win. Also would have been good to have Roberts and Bird at their best.

Surely Segeyaro is playing?

As I mentioned earlier, Seibs has repeatedly said he thinks a hooker should be an 80 minute player, so this is inline with his usual gameplan. However, he doesn't have a centre on the bench. Which makes me suspect he's more likely to switch Roberts in there at the last minute than Segway.

I'd like to see some kind of game plan specific to beating the chooks like forcing Latrine to make a lot of tackles.

Ryan Hall is set to make his return this week.

Expect him to be promoted to the starting side.

I'd like to see some kind of game plan specific to beating the chooks like forcing Latrine to make a lot of tackles.
Why aren't people listening to you?
Totally agree and my plan is so simple. Set up your forwards, directly on Mitchell and don't play up the middle. Don't run a single hitup for the first twenty minutes anywhere but at him and even wait for him to regain his feet and get into position! Drive a spike through him and his place in the defensive line. Make him tackle big bastard after big bastard until he's made 25 tackles at least. I know it would leave other defenders fresh and there would be other considerations but it might achieve another benefit other than simply wearing out/ destroying Mitchell.

The irony is if we'd had a snappier dummy half than Macca delivering that pass he probably would've made the field goal before getting swamped by defenders and not scored that fantastic try.
[automerge]1557902069[/automerge]
Why aren't people listening to you?
Totally agree and my plan is so simple. Set up your forwards, directly on Mitchell and don't play up the middle. Don't run a single hitup for the first twenty minutes anywhere but at him and even wait for him to regain his feet and get into position! Drive a spike through him and his place in the defensive line. Make him tackle big bastard after big bastard until he's made 25 tackles at least. I know it would leave other defenders fresh and there would be other considerations but it might achieve another benefit other than simply wearing out/ destroying Mitchell.

Totally agree totally. Also do the same with all their other players.

Last edited:
Here's a reminder of what happened last season. Note the exact moment the tide turned massively in our favour in the 23rd minute (2:35 into clip). We'll be a lot stronger this time around, without the dead weight at dummy half:

That was some underwhelming commentary

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.