PRE-GAME Round 10 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Guys, we won't win tonight. It's that simple. We won't win. Expect a loss and lower your expectations.

We aren't as mentally tough as the Roosters at the moment. When things get tough tonight, we'll try hard but we'll eventually buckle.

What I want to see is effort and desire. A better attitude and to try our best even when we're losing, just to keep trying.

If we can match it with them and lose by a try or less, it should give us more confidence heading into next week.

For mine the main reason the chooks are so good is that they execute everything so damn fast. The only way to counter that is to dominate them in defence and sit them on their collective arse, exactly as we did in THAT game with Thaiday leading the way, crunching JWH.

BRONCOS' FINAL NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Gehamat Shibasaki
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Matt Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
16. Tevita Pangai

Interchange:

13. Thomas Flegler
15. David Fifita
17. Joe Ofahengaue
18. James Segeyaro

Coach: Anthony Seibold

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/05/17/late-mail-broncos-v-roosters/?fbclid=IwAR2RJ2KMhRZXuc731HAY3MsM0eoUZddC1K4rNZKafeUGrUURBn7i77d8lfY

BRONCOS' FINAL NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Gehamat Shibasaki
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Matt Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
16. Tevita Pangai

Interchange:

13. Thomas Flegler
15. David Fifita
17. Joe Ofahengaue
18. James Segeyaro

Coach: Anthony Seibold

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/05/17/late-mail-broncos-v-roosters/?fbclid=IwAR2RJ2KMhRZXuc731HAY3MsM0eoUZddC1K4rNZKafeUGrUURBn7i77d8lfY

That’s actually a really strong exciting side and can definitely do some damage.

Looks like the crowd will be on the low side. 3 of the upper tiers closed. Patchy crowd in the lower tier.

Looks like the crowd will be on the low side. 3 of the upper tiers closed. Patchy crowd in the lower tier.

Lot of people probably footballed out after last weekend.
Had a feeling this might happen. Game deserves 35k minimum.
Stupid nrl scheduling.

Tedesco said they haven’t been able to train this week with the flights and short turn around. That’s a positive. Really looking forward to this game. I’m going to be so disappointed if we don’t show up and get flogged.

I like the look of the team apart from 13. Starting TPJ from the bench would have given us some impact around that 20min mark and would have allowed Flegler to do that hard stuff in the middle for the first 20mins

This Roosters team is ridiculously good. We will get carved up tonight. I just want to see them give it their all.

Last edited:
Tedesco said they haven’t been able to train this week with the flights and short turn around. That’s a positive. Really looking forward to this game. I’m going to be so disappointed if we don’t show up and get flogged.

Let me wipe away my tears with my plastic hand.

I'm tipping us to beat the Roosters. Is anyone else?
[automerge]1557735185[/automerge]

I guess, but after his last outing the bar must be pretty damn low. I seem to recall him getting roundly abused the last time he played as well but can't say I noticed him amongst the rest of the stink.

Even the flightiest of fanboys deep down wouldn't be expecting a victory. The skill levels between the two sides are at a gap too great to imagine. Roosters by 16+.

No real surprise. We were always going to win this game.

The season turned around when we lost Macca. Just like last year. The challenge now is keeping him out.

The season turned around when we lost Macca. Just like last year. The challenge now is keeping him out.

Last year, we had turned our season around while Macca was in the side but you've already been told that and are just obviously choosing to ignore it to suit your argument.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.