Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Just paying some credit to some players who get some criticism on the forum (and often rightfully so) but boyd's defence was much better, actually saved a potential try to the roosters' winger and put him into touch with oates. And glenn who ran some good lines and stopped manu when they spread the ball and made a break oin the first half. All played well, offa had several brain farts in a short period of time though. Hopefully he will address that.

Turpin to Pangai, back to Turpin to Haas for the try was orgasmic. Turpin catches every offload that comes his way and just generates the next phase effortlessly. He fuckin softened them up for Segeyaro to ice the win.
Yeah, a player with back up in a role means they don't need to worry about pacing themselves for an 80 minute performance.
It is worth noting the last two game we had more than 50% possession.
I think we need to temper our expectations with that fact. Whilst it would be good to have that every week, it's simply not realistic.
I think it is possible though to have moments of domination in every game, and if we learn to turn the screws more tightly with pressure on our opponents and working for repeat sets, we can learn to win those games too.
We have had two big effort games from our forwards. It should be now up to spine to learn from these games so that when those critical moments come in games we can sieze the initiative, despite being behind in the forwards battle.
That is the true test of a team: not to win well when you dominate, but to win even when they don't.
Our front rowers have made good metres, but have been let down then with poor defence and ball retention. Mistakes will always be prevalent in a tired side (even the roosters succumbed to them tonight), but you can learn to limit them, defend them, and finally force them on your opponents, if you play smart.

Finally we have a hooker rotation that can trouble teams. For far too long we have been well behind the rest of the competition in the hooking department. It's so refreshing to see some threat in and around the ruck, particularly when the forwards are capable of strolling down the field so effectively.

With Turpin, and now Segeyaro at hooker, our attack definitely has better shape, more fluidity and greater variation. Segeyaro's passing off the ground was straight away a real step up from McCullough. As for Turpin, his energy and defensive attitude is infectious. He is still fairly young, and I think he is worth investing in. I think he can really learn off Segeyaro and will certainly improve with more game time. Hopefully Seibold can resist the urge to bring McCullough straight back into the team following his recovery.

Last edited:
I love reading all the comments from the seibold haters. They were so quick to criticise and blame him for every loss, yelling from the rooftops as early as 5 games into our season that he will not work.
Our players finally play the way seibold wants and have the right attitude and WHAT A SHOCK, no mention of seibold. Go support souffs.

Maybe, but the turning point in the season was Macca getting injured. If that hadn't happened I doubt he would've been replaced.
[automerge]1558104604[/automerge]
In other good news, that was comfortably Isaako's best game of the season, he had a dig tonight.

Shibasaki was putrid in attack, but solid in defense. Way too many errors in his game at the moment, wouldn't be against bringing Jimmy back in if he wants to buckle down and work hard.

Yes to Isaako. Unlike Boyd, he can catch a ball and keep running. Still not convinced by Shibashiba but he didn't let us down, so gets a wave through to next week if Roberts is still on the outer.
[automerge]1558104876[/automerge]
Turpin to Pangai, back to Turpin to Haas for the try was orgasmic. Turpin catches every offload that comes his way and just generates the next phase effortlessly. He fuckin softened them up for Segeyaro to ice the win.

Note: Turpin is a very special player. I could even see him being captain one day, though he'll have to fight Dearden for the right.

Last edited:
Missed the game unfortunately.

How did Dearden and Shibasaki go?

Also I still feel like Fifita should be getting a lot more minutes, what's everyones opinion on that?

Mitchell had a shit eating grin on his face after his conversion.

I'm so glad we wiped it off his face.

Watching the Segeyaro try.

Dearden did very well to move forward after playing the ball. Considering he's a rookie, he could have easily just stood there which would have denied Segeyaro the opportunity and possibly have him pinged for obstruction if Segeyaro had gone for it.

Stunning performance and one that absolutely no one seen coming. 60% possession, 300 more rushing metres and dominant territory wise. Maybe there is hope for these guys yet. They need to back this up in NZ next week with another win and if they can, then a playoff spot may be possible.
Err, I did and said so. I also backed them outright 1-12 and had them as my second leg with the Warriors saluting first for a good pay day. So I 'seen' it coming and now I've seen it arrive.

Missed the game unfortunately.

How did Dearden and Shibasaki go?

Also I still feel like Fifita should be getting a lot more minutes, what's everyones opinion on that?

Dearden was awesome, organized the right side very effectively and put in a couple of beautiful kicks. Shibasaki is a hard one to judge, because he had a couple of silly errors but seemed to keep Mitchell well contained all night.

Stunning performance and one that absolutely no one seen coming. 60% possession, 300 more rushing metres and dominant territory wise. Maybe there is hope for these guys yet. They need to back this up in NZ next week with another win and if they can, then a playoff spot may be possible.

I saw it coming. Never doubted we'd win. Turpin always had it.
[automerge]1558108294[/automerge]
Dearden was awesome, organized the right side very effectively and put in a couple of beautiful kicks. Shibasaki is a hard one to judge, because he had a couple of silly errors but seemed to keep Mitchell well contained all night.

Yep, jury is still out on Shibashiba but, unlike last week, I'm not dropping him.

Last edited:

This guy copped so much shit walking up those stairs. I'm in section 313 on the isle and he walked by all of us.

It was glorious.

Maybe, but the turning point in the season was Macca getting injured. If that hadn't happened I doubt he would've been replaced.
[automerge]1558104604[/automerge]

Yes to Isaako. Unlike Boyd, he can catch a ball and keep running. Still not convinced by Shibashiba but he didn't let us down, so gets a wave through to next week if Roberts is still on the outer.
[automerge]1558104876[/automerge]

Note: Turpin is a very special player. I could even see him being captain one day, though he'll have to fight Dearden for the right.
Have you and PNG bronco every played in a team sport? You do understand the effect coming in and just dropping seasoned and well liked players would have with a new coach? Especially when he was so highly rated by every coach before him and got a free pass. At least seibold isn't playing thaiday or mcguire or Glenn at hooker. Imagine the bs on here if he did that, exactly what Bennett did but..... He's different

Boyd worst on ground again? He had his one decent game for the season, probably thought he didn't need to do anything tonight.

Also, how many chances does Shibasaki get? Every game he's bloody trash. Bloke is completely useless. Almost cost us the game with his late knock on and brought literally nothing for the other 79 minutes.
[automerge]1558114361[/automerge]
3. Haas
2. Dearden
1. Segeyaro
How does Dearden get 2? He was basically a passenger. Milford was great tonight.
[automerge]1558114753[/automerge]
The knock on with 5 minutes to go wasn't great. I don't think it was so much him containig Mitchell either. The roosters were off tonight. Our forwards were fantastic and Milford kicked very well. Shibasaki doesn't bring anything to the team. That knock on was very close to game changing. He may as well not be on the field in attack...

Last edited:
I'm just going to ignore the post before this one cause the bloke obviously has no idea about rugby league. Just wanna point out how well the youngsters did and how well the old boys did to amp them. Turpin is fucking fearless. He may not make as many tackles as Macca but his tackles are potent and he hits like he wants his targets to stay hit. Deardon was really solid in defence and put his body on the line but also provides a super cool demeanor and perfect foil for milf. Staggs is an absolute weapon and is as strong as Gillett in defence but with a slick and steppy running game. Then the old boys. Gillett may not have a potent attack but his defence was crucial in getting that win. Boyd was organised and really fitted the boys up. Our forward pack has already gotten the credit they deserve. Brilliant. Now don't expect it to happen every week with a team do young but if we keep this group together, expect it to happen a lot in the future. Hats off to the boys.

Thought we might’ve witnessed a but of a Seggy throwback when he and Latrell got into it at the end.

Unread

Active Now

• LGH
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.