Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Now if any forward hit a half back like the way JWH hit Isaako (twice) there would be hell to pay. Ch 9's (uncle Nick's rent boys) say zilch.
nah that’s completely fine, the same as how it was ok to hit Offa(?) around the chops.

This is one for the ages!

Yes, we're still a bit unpolished, but it would be hard not to given the average age of this team and the amount of rookies in it.

You can clearly see some of the structure Seibold is putting in place, halves combination starting to form, forwards getting a bit more enterprising and solid efforts all around, including from the captain, even if his ball handling (normally a strength) let him down.

Shibasaki showed a much improved version of himself in the centres despite his ball spilling in a bad position and it was a great welcome back to THIS Isaako (take heed Jimmy). They did well to contain the vaunted chooks left side attack.
An even better welcome to the club James Segeyaro. Thank you for that try and wiping that shit eating grin from latrine's face!

The rest of the backs was solid, worked their butts off, and more importantly, didn't make those coach killing errors we've seen repeatedly occurring in past games bar the Shiba one (which they defended strongly). This is the sort of game where opportunities are few and far between, so you want to see that defensive desperation that will guarantee victory and they all showed it!

Dearden was again good and is building to something. Such a cool head on a very young half is awesome to see and I can see him grow into something very special next to a Milford who is also starting to come into his own again.

Turpin was really good feeding ball to his forwards, running at the right times and defending strongly. He hit and stopped big forwards on the spot. Segeyaro continued the same trend where he left off, almost not missing a beat, even if you can see he is a little rusty. Masterful try and even better "faceball" on the final whistle. Onya Segs!
Macca has plenty to be concerned about, even if I am not as much a critic as many others.

All the forwards were excellent, and I can't fault Seibs use of the bench this time. Of course, Haas stood very tall, but Lodge and TPJ certainly weren't bad company.

The undervalued Gillett was awesome in that right edge, shoring it up masterfully in defence, while still chasing kicks hard and leading the defensive effort from the front.
Of course, he doesn't do that much running, so a lot of people who see the likes of Haas, Lodge, TPJ, etc... ripping it up, are underwhelmed and don't notice his hard work in all other game aspects.
The thing is, he doesn't need to, exactly because you have Lodge, Haas, TPJ, Ofa and Flegler making the hard meters, but I do hope he builds a combo with young Dearden in attack and of course, he really can't drop sitters like that. It was a 4 pointer gone begging and he knew it.

As much as the first chooks game wasn't the end of the world, this game also doesn't mean we're going to spank everyone from now on. This is a very inexperienced young team, who will have more ups and downs, but it's undeniable the trend is up in my opinion.

Credit to Seibs for his patience and perseverance, which is starting to bear fruit although we still have ways to go. Some of you will have to swallow the sour grapes and live with it, or perhaps take the easy way out and... just move to Redfern.

Last edited:
I don’t know if Shinisaki contained Latrell or Latrell was just cooked from his groin. Either way **** him, good to see Seggy give it to him at the end.

And to whichever posters claimed we had them in the forwards you guys were on the money. I thought they had us covered everywhere.

And when Cronk got binned, that was possibly the only time in my life I would’ve thought Boyd could’ve actually scored. Should’ve been given a try IMO.

And when Cronk got binned, that was possibly the only time in my life I would’ve thought Boyd could’ve actually scored. Should’ve been given a try IMO.

I was fine with it being no try. I don't think Boyd would have made it before the ball went dead or before Tedesco got to it.

Hard fought win. Far from perfect but very gritty. Refs seem to be obsessed with trying to the slightest evidence of a foward pass. Our backline is still not cliking , but we could still win more games then we lose from here on out.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed a bit last night was Turpin passing out in front of the receiver. A number of times it had players reaching for the ball, like they weren’t used to the idea of running on to the ball. Was reallly good to see rather than our forwards getting the ball flat footed.

I gotta say, best moment of the game for me (after Seggy's shit eating grin and stirring up of Latrell), was seeing the amount of passion from the lads when Seggy went over. They were fucking pumped.

If these guys can stick together for a few years, they're going to have plenty of success.

Err, I did and said so. I also backed them outright 1-12 and had them as my second leg with the Warriors saluting first for a good pay day. So I 'seen' it coming and now I've seen it arrive.
Ok smart guy, who do you have winning the election today? How about the third race at Randwick this arvo? Who would you have as your trifecta?

And to those commentators who mentioned Cordner , Tupou and Friend were out so Rorters were under-strength, there was no consideration that we were without Bird and the Jet -two origin centres, and our first choice hooker.

Ok smart guy, who do you have winning the election today? How about the third race at Randwick this arvo? Who would you have as your trifecta?

Labor, 1. So You Win 2.Madison Avenue 3. Mushaireb
(Rosehill not Randwick)

Boyd worst on ground again? He had his one decent game for the season, probably thought he didn't need to do anything tonight.

Also, how many chances does Shibasaki get? Every game he's bloody trash. Bloke is completely useless. Almost cost us the game with his late knock on and brought literally nothing for the other 79 minutes.
[automerge]1558114361[/automerge]

How does Dearden get 2? He was basically a passenger. Milford was great tonight.
[automerge]1558114753[/automerge]

The knock on with 5 minutes to go wasn't great. I don't think it was so much him containig Mitchell either. The roosters were off tonight. Our forwards were fantastic and Milford kicked very well. Shibasaki doesn't bring anything to the team. That knock on was very close to game changing. He may as well not be on the field in attack...

Bit harsh on shiba inu. He was trash on the wing but I thought he was much better in the centres and held his own in defence considering most people thought latrell would give him a bath. On that last knock on I can’t really get too mad as he was attacking a contested bouncing ball at speed and had he took it cleanly it would have iced the game.

Labor will shit in. You might say the Broncos won against the odds but few expected a win not NO ONE.

There's something about Shibasaki that I like. Not sure what it is but he seems to move well and puts himself into good positions. I think with an extended run in the top grade to give him a bit more confidence, I think he can become more than useful.

There's something about Shibasaki that I like. Not sure what it is but he seems to move well and puts himself into good positions. I think with an extended run in the top grade to give him a bit more confidence, I think he can become more than useful.
I'm not sure but it looked like he made everyone of his tackles count. I cant remember him misiing one or falling off one. And that tackle towards the end on latrine was not rewarded as latrine deadset knocked on but the refs let play go on. there was a few weird calls at the death. How they found another set of six on the Rorters' last tackle will forever remain a mystery to me.

Although not the same tackling technique (due to the evolution of the game), the way turpin throws his smaller frame into tackles and connects with the opposition reminds me a little of trevor "the axe" gillmeister. In saying that i am now referring to turpin as jake "the jackhammer" turpin.

Still pissed off that Offa penalty on Cronk. There was no way that was going to be awarded until he started wrestling Offa and Critchon came in, the ref started running up the field and had to come back to defuse the situation.

He's turned into a whingy NSW **** now.

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.