Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 7:50 pm
Broadcast: Channel 9; Foxleague
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

What happens if we lose tonight?

Do we finally get the changes we’ve been gunning for

Or

Will a win just paper over the cracks?

Haas and Carrigan, despite being rookies, are the exact type of forwards we need now. Big motor, nothing flashy, low-risk guys that’ll just cart it up hard all night.

Haas starting at Lock is very interesting. He must be training the house down if he's earned a starting spot with essentially zero games played.

Backing him in, 180 metres and a meat pie.

Check out the pocket ref's name!!

Haas starting at Lock is very interesting. He must be training the house down if he's earned a starting spot with essentially zero games played.

Backing him in, 180 metres and a meat pie.

Put him down for 2.

Hopefully the Anthony’s are on fire tonight.

The biggest issue I had with the Broncos attack last week was how it reverted to 2018 mode. Matt Lodge became the first receiver and by the time the ball made it's way out to Nikorima and Milford, the Roosters had it covered. I thought it was fairly telling that the Broncos best attacking spurts happened while Lodge was off the field in the opening exchanges of the second half. It allowed Milford and Nikorima to play around the ruck where they're at their most dangerous and can use their speed to set the defence back. I hope for the Broncos sake they've recognised this and simplify Lodge's job. If he can win the ruck and offer a late offload, fantastic, but this week he needs to knuckle down and play the tough footy he's capable of.

For Wests, I really like the inclusion of Aloiai in the middle. He's been one of the most improved players in the competition and the move to the middle has done wonders for his game. He'll provide more go-forward for the Tigers and will give their playmakers more time and space to do their job. I also like the swap of Russell Packer and Ben Matulino. Packer has really matured into that good fashioned 10 runs 90m straight up the guts footballer. It isn't flashy, but he's the type of prop forward you want in your rotation. No fuss, no muss. Matulino on the other hand has been quiet, but we know how skillful he can be and if he can come on with some impetus he can really press forward the advantage for his side.

The key is going to be that opening 20 minutes. Brisbane cannot afford to give up the starts they've been giving up. The forwards need to lift like they did against the Cowboys, anything less and it's going to be a long night.

If we are at 50% possession at half time tonight we will win I believe. We have been our own worst enemy so far this year.

Above all else I want to see a willingness to compete, the smarts to create pressure

and I wanna see Milf tear em a new one!

Make or break, this game. Season defining

Well everyone has written us off...... That's a good start.

Last edited:
Wally on Channel 9 predicting a much improved performance but not enough to win and Joey also on the Tigers. If the boys aren't fired up after all that's happened and been said this week they may as well go and sign up with their local barefoot lawn bowling team, as thats all they are good for. It's all or nothing tonight.

Last edited:
So what was the point of naming Haas in 18 and like a few hours later saying he's playing and then a day later saying he is starting? Why not just name him at 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Aldo
  • phoenix
  • Bronx48
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.