Round 5 Discussion

Walker and Cook have been absolutely killing it for sure.

Gee seibold must be questioning why he left souffs. Their 6,7 and 9 are unbelievable. Walker has just scored his 4th try in this game.
Have the broncos even score 4 tries this year?

The Warriors have massively choked ...

on the plus side, Walker may have just single handedly won my SVRL game this week

Gee seibold must be questioning why he left souffs. Their 6,7 and 9 are unbelievable. Walker has just scored his 4th try in this game.

Seibold did position Bennett quite well for a tilt at the title ... i would have loved for him to have bought Cook with him

He left because they drove to his house with a dump truck full of [emoji383]. Souths are absolute specials this year. Having the super coach there is the final piece in the puzzle that this team needed. 4-1 despite having the biggest injury toll atm.

Is this the first time in NRL history a Queenslander has held that record?

I know Cameron is extremely unpopular on here, but he's one of my favourite players of all-time. The way he organises the set and the way he manipulates the defence out of dummy half is just brilliant to watch.

You’re entitled to your opinion Pete, buuuuut

**** Cameron, Bellamy and the entire Storm organisation. A shameless group of people with a never at fault attitude, bringing the games integrity into disrepute every other week.

Whilst I understand that this is not Netball, they are tactically a negative and dirty team, literally exploiting and purposefully attacking the oppositions arms, legs, head etc without a care for the players wellbeing.

They are a blight on the game, a cancerous disease that just keeps growing. The sooner the NRL crackdown on their dirty tactics, the better the game will be for it.

The sooner the NRL crackdown on their dirty tactics, the better the game will be for it.

It won't happen, ever. Too many Victorians only take a passing interest in the game because the Storm are succesful.

Seibold did position Bennett quite well for a tilt at the title ... i would have loved for him to have bought Cook with him
Maguire you mean. If I'm not mistaken Seibold only signed Corey Allan and technically Liam Knight. Every player in that Souths team was purchased under Maguire and everyone worthwhile in their team made their debut in his tenure too.

It's a bit of a cop out to credit Seibold with building that team he had them playing well for most of the year but he can't take credit for building that team.

**** me the NRL is soft, McGuire gets a $3350 fine for the eye gouge

Maguire you mean. If I'm not mistaken Seibold only signed Corey Allan and technically Liam Knight. Every player in that Souths team was purchased under Maguire and everyone worthwhile in their team made their debut in his tenure too.

It's a bit of a cop out to credit Seibold with building that team he had them playing well for most of the year but he can't take credit for building that team.

he did have the balls to drop Farah for Cook. and the Burgii got back to their best under him after a poor 2017

**** me the NRL is soft, McGuire gets a $3350 fine for the eye gouge

That is fucked. It along with tripping are 2 of the grubbier things you can do on a footy field. Tripping used to be an automatic send-off, these days it's excused as a legitimate tactic.

he did have the balls to drop Farah for Cook. and the Burgii got back to their best under him after a poor 2017
Maguire was playing both Farah and Cook, I can't say that was the wrong call, as 2019 shows they're both in the top 3 9's in the game so fair enough but Cook was a star in 2017. Just to be clear, Cook was starting 9 before Seibold took over, so he just made the decision to drop Farah entirely and run with an 80 minute hooker https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/10/10/2017-review-damien-cook/

He did get the Burgii playing well again, credit to him there but they were stars before Seibold so I wouldn't give it full credit. That's the issue with coaching a single year, it's hard to gauge a lot but Souths are well and truly a Maguire built team, it's his style of players and his playing group. Seibold made a few tweaks and that's it. Mind you they were both understudies to Bellamy so their style and choice of squad might indeed be very similar.

Last edited:
You’re entitled to your opinion Pete, buuuuut

**** Cameron, Bellamy and the entire Storm organisation. A shameless group of people with a never at fault attitude, bringing the games integrity into disrepute every other week.

Whilst I understand that this is not Netball, they are tactically a negative and dirty team, literally exploiting and purposefully attacking the oppositions arms, legs, head etc without a care for the players wellbeing.

They are a blight on the game, a cancerous disease that just keeps growing. The sooner the NRL crackdown on their dirty tactics, the better the game will be for it.

Each to their own, but I enjoy watching Cameron Smith play. Smith understands the game better than anyone else and the way he's able to construct a set is second to none.

I didn't touch on Melbourne and while their salary cap drama was just another black eye for the game, I've been grateful for the players they've produced over the years. I don't think there was a better marketing scheme than Slater's Origin II 2004 try.

Des has a diabolical Manly squad playing extremely well.

I wonder if it’s still Bennett’s fault that Newcastle are fucking rubbish

Knight was a Bennett signing.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/19...d-liam-knight-as-his-first-rabbitohs-recruit/

Seibold's recruitment left a lot to be desired.
He didn't need to do much recruiting though. That is a ready made team to compete for a premiership, and Madge deserves credit for that.

I have said this several times. Bennett was very smart to go to Souths at this time.
A good solid forward pack made for his simple style of footy, a great balanced spine with Reynolds taking care of the "boring game management shit", Cody Walker the talented evasive running 5/8, both being fed quality ball from a hooker who is a danger all by himself and continuously puts his forwards over the advantage line. If they had a truly classy Fullback (or Inglis back healthy), I would rank them with cheats and grubs up there, and even then, they aren't far away.

He didn't need to do much recruiting though. That is a ready made team to compete for a premiership, and Madge deserves credit for that.

I have said this several times. Bennett was very smart to go to Souths at this time.
A good solid forward pack made for his simple style of footy, a great balanced spine with Reynolds taking care of the "boring game management shit", Cody Walker the talented evasive running 5/8, both being fed quality ball from a hooker who is a danger all by himself and continuously puts his forwards over the advantage line. If they had a truly classy Fullback (or Inglis back healthy), I would rank them with cheats and grubs up there, and even then, they aren't far away.
Oh yeah, the old fella is no dumbo. Souths are a great team and the right coach could easily make them premiership material. They're really not missing any key ingredients, Madge did ridiculously well to put that team together. I always rated Madge even though he had 1-2 lean years. I think he'll do good things at the Tigers too. When we were discussing coaching replacements I was always split between Maguire and Seibold. There's not much to go off but I just think Seibold has more potential to be a better long term coach whereas Maguire would probably bring more immediate success but burn them out by being too intense.

Seibold's end to last year was concerning for sure and I hope it's something he learns from being a rookie coach.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.