Round 7 Discussion

cce.jpg

This is why a lot of people are frustrated with nrl. It's gone too far lately, they don't even try to hide the favouritism. Whether it's conscious or subconscious the storm get the 50/50 calls more often then not. They also get lot of situations dealt with lightly. We get that a winning Melbourne is good for the nrl but at what cost? It's gotten to the point where they would be losing more fans then they are gaining..
It's not about the fans (including in Melbourne). It's about Selling viewing rights. That's why they need the Melbourne franchise to be No 1 or there a bouts every year.

Last night proves that the NRL has a hand in every single result for mine. Or that Cecchin is a cheat. Either way, last night the Warriors were not to win.

Last night proves that the NRL has a hand in every single result for mine. Or that Cecchin is a cheat. Either way, last night the Warriors were not to win.
Well that's always been true. That play the ball he let go just proved it to me beyond all doubt.

Just leaving this here:

Luke Phillips and Vossy have been on Twitter trying to justify the decision to play on stating that because it doesn't touch the marker and doesn't go out the side, the refs made the right call.

Except the rule book doesn't support their argument...

Luke Phillips and Vossy have been on Twitter trying to justify the decision to play on stating that because it doesn't touch the marker and doesn't go out the side, the refs made the right call.

Except the rule book doesn't support their argument...

That's been an error for the last 20 years.

It actually reminds me of one of our old Grand Finals (1997?), where Lockyer goes to play it, kicks it forward half a metre, then kicks it back, play on. Every time I see it I think "haha, that's pinged now". Not if you're the Storm.

That's been an error for the last 20 years.

It actually reminds me of one of our old Grand Finals (1997?), where Lockyer goes to play it, kicks it forward half a metre, then kicks it back, play on. Every time I see it I think "haha, that's pinged now". Not if you're the Storm.

I was about to call it a Locky special.

Did he do it in a grand final as well? I just remember Origin I 98 after Kevie's Hail Mary.

Yeah I know he did it in Origin. I think it was against the rules still in that game but not really policed back then.

I was about to call it a Locky special.

Did he do it in a grand final as well? I just remember Origin I 98 after Kevie's Hail Mary.

You may be right. I thought it was a GF because I remember seeing it around the time those Broncos Grand Finals boxed sets came out, but may be wrong.

Edit: You're correct once again, this is the one I'm thinking of:

Last edited:
Geez there looks barely anyone in the stadium at at the Bulldogs game.

Refs just stuffed that up, never forward.

The Cowboys dodge a bullet there, Holland's last pass was touch and go from the TV angle.

The Cowboys haven't quite clicked yet. They look good when Asiata and Morgan combine, Clifford and Martin still seem out of sync with the rest of the side.

Well composed try there for the Cowboys, force a goal line drop out and then test the rookie winger out-wide with an early kick and chase.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.