State of Origin Game 1 - QLD vs NSW

I don't know, I'm just saying Milf wasn't given time, and with the time he was given, he wasn't used right. Given **** all quality ball, no one was running and supporting. Hunt went to hooker when Macca went off...big mistake.
I thought he would've been used at the back end of both halves but I agree bringing him on with 15 to go when we're up against it makes it tough for him to stand out. it's basically a hail mary, rather than a tactical play. I was critical of Milf's first game for Qld and while he didn't do anything in this game either, he's got a bit of an excuse here.

I don't know, I'm just saying Milf wasn't given time, and with the time he was given, he wasn't used right. Given **** all quality ball, no one was running and supporting. Hunt went to hooker when Macca went off...big mistake.

Its origin, hard and fast and most players are out on their feet.

Yeah but where would you have played milf then?

Yeah I thought Munster's defence was terrible.Just kept falling off them. Pretty dissapointed with him in attack too.
Yeah have to agree... he was arm grabbing all night didn't realise he was such a liability in defence

Its origin, hard and fast and most players are out on their feet.

Yeah but where would you have played milf then?

Roving 14 ala Cronk in 2010. Hess off, Macca to play the full 80.

Very quiet second half from Roberts.

Very quiet second half from Roberts.
looked like he was limping a bit when replaced by peachey. reckon his achilles isn't great but he wasn't missing that game for all the speed in oxford street

looked like he was limping a bit when replaced by peachey. reckon his achilles isn't great but he wasn't missing that game for all the speed in oxford street

He better go straight to bed tonight..

Finally, a fucking challenge.

Can't be too mad about that game. For once it seemed like two fairly evenly matched teams. The last or 2nd last try to NSW was a mile forward but other than that, they deserved the win. A few tweeks on our end will make for a better team. The unfortunate thing is the same could be said for NSW.

Finally, a fucking challenge.

Can't be too mad about that game. For once it seemed like two fairly evenly matched teams. The last or 2nd last try to NSW was a mile forward but other than that, they deserved the win. A few tweeks on our end will make for a better team. The unfortunate thing is the same could be said for NSW.

That is the troubling thing, they blew 3-4 tries and chances. If it clicks, they will slaughter QLD. I'm glad we were competitive and going into the second half I was confident we would stay in it. That said, take out 40 missed tackles and we probably do fluke a win in true QLD style.

Very disappointing loss, only because it would have been so sweet to get the win with all the media saying a slaughter was on the cards.

At least we have losing to Melbourne on Sunday to look forward to. Smith will have a blinder, no doubt.

So there was only one penalty for the entire game?

Yeah that's totally above board. Orgin is totally not an overblown pantomime. It's a legitimate professional contest...like Monday Night Raw....

On a a serious note...a few random thoughts...

Morgan was fine at fullback. Apart from that miss on Tedesco at the end his cover defense was superb. Probably needs to be in the halves or back to the bench though.

I think Milford needs to be in the halves or not at all. Kinda feel for him. He was lost at sea.

Our kicking game didn't deliver. Needs to improve.

Inglis was fantastic. If defence is attitude then his is superb! He can hold his head high in the pantheon of Maroons captains.

Tempted to swap Hess out for Scott.

Holmes and Gagai were good. Don't know if Oates would've made any difference.

Chambers...

Too many errors. Too many missed tackles. The Blues deserved their win I thought but it wasn't convincing.

Roberts was quiet. Cleary didn't do much...but we know the media and they'll put their tongue up all their asses so it might work to QLD's advantage in the next two games.

The Blues showing up humming their victory tune in Sydney is the best thing for QLD...but will it work two years in a row?

So take away mcculloch out of the game10 mins earlier and weaken the middle further???
Hess took a few good hits but he kept coming, out of curiosity who would you have played instead of hess?? Who from memory is an incumbent origin player and series winner.
You’re assuming taking McCullough off is a given.

I actually disagreed with that change, thought it was a bad move. The only thing we needed to worry about was scoring points. After all, what’s the difference between losing 22-12 and 34-12.

So, take 13 off. Leave 1, 6, 7 and 9 on the field at the same time as Milf and have him pop up like a second fullback, just follow the ball and run. Defend at fullback if need be, with Morgan at lock.

Re: Hess. On current form, Su’a would have been a better option. At least he’s running nice lines and hitting hard in defence week to week.

McCullough was solid but Cook absolutely carved for NSW. Such an advantage to have an explosive, attacking 9 at that level. McCullough is a slug in comparison.

You’re assuming taking McCullough off is a given.

I actually disagreed with that change, thought it was a bad move. The only thing we needed to worry about was scoring points. After all, what’s the difference between losing 22-12 and 34-12.

So, take 13 off. Leave 1, 6, 7 and 9 on the field at the same time as Milf and have him pop up like a second fullback, just follow the ball and run. Defend at fullback if need be, with Morgan at lock.

Re: Hess. On current form, Su’a would have been a better option. At least he’s running nice lines and hitting hard in defence week to week.

Saved a try doing just that.

Really feel for Milf - his development as a player has been fucked the last few years. I suggested it earlier today, to be the player we need him to be, he needs to be a successful origin player, and it's just not working out right now.

What difference do you guys think Billy would have made tonight?

McCullough was solid but Cook absolutely carved for NSW. Such an advantage to have an explosive, attacking 9 at that level. McCullough is a slug in comparison.

QLD contained Cook pretty well in the second half I thought, and Macca was ok without being great. Looked a bit nervous to take control.

Chambers, Cooper and Kaufusi were terrible. Morgan needs Te Maire Martin beside him doing all the work to look good. Holmes and Oates should be our wingers. Napa is a flat track bully. Kaufusi was lazy as **** in defense and Cooper is not a good footy player unless he is scoring tries off Thurston forward passes.

1 Slater
2 Oates
3 Inglis
4 Gagai
5 Holmes
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 McCullough
10 Ofahengaue
11 Papalii
12 Gillett
13 Arrow

14 Wallace
15 Napa
16 Kaufusi
17 Munster

He offers nothing. In 10 games you have told me 2 things that are standard skills for origin players at that level. Hes flunked because he offers nothing. Do nsw quiver in fear at his impact? Does he inspire the team? Does he change our attack all of a sudden? Why not put ponga or oates there, or just another forward if hes just going ro hit it up?

You still haven’t told me how he has failed at Origin level. Give examples.

Hunt was disappointing.

I'd prefer a Milford/Munster combo for an experiment.

Hunt to the bench.

Hunt was disappointing.

I'd prefer a Milford/Munster combo for an experiment.

Hunt to the bench.
Hmm, two repeat sets, a try assist, a 40/20 when we desperately needed it, almost setting up Chambers for a try, finding ground and putting players under pressure with his kicks, defending well. I think he did far more than Munster who just ran 5-7 metres every run, set up nothing and kept trying to tackle with his fingers.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.