PRE-GAME State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

A lot of players need to improve to be honest. I'd gonna put Wallace as number 1 though, his Origin career so far has made someone like Brett White or Josh Perry look like a Shane Webcke.

Hunt needs a big game tonight to drop the big game choker tag he currently possesses. He was good in the first half in game one but did very little in the second - he needs to take it by the scruff, if he is capable of that. He either solidifies his position tonight or loses it for the foreseeable future (beyond this year).

He was once the master of blind side raids, it's pretty much non existent in his game anymore. You can also tell when he starts to struggle when the 5th tackle bombs start happening nearly every set regardless if he's 50 metres out or 30.

A lot of players need to improve to be honest. I'd gonna put Wallace as number 1 though, his Origin career so far has made someone like Brett White or Josh Perry look like a Shane Webcke.

Napa and Wallace need to have the game of their lives tonight if QLD are to win.

I was confident NSW would take game one, and confident we would make the necessary adjustments to square the ledger in game 2.

Slater back is a tremendous in, Morgan was serviceable in Melbourne but offered little threat in attack. Billy will open up options and keep them guessing.

I expect we will also get a better rub from the refs than some would think. Cynical of me, but from a business perspective, a live decider at Suncorp is absolute bank for tickets, merchandise and PR. Would not be the first time business has had a heavy say in sporting outcomes. Similarly, I expect the Blues to get a leg up in game 3.

Forward pack needs to stand up and be counted. When Moose is leading in his first game back from a six week lay-off, questions have to be asked of their efforts. Wallace, Napa and Hess need to pull their fingers out big time.

Should be a good game. Put me down for QLD by 8.

Officially 7:40

Oh wow, it actually is! I was all like, Foordy must be taking the piss, but I've just checked myself haha.

Knowing Origin though, it'll be late.

Ponga for a blinder when he comes on but sadly NSW to win 24-8

NSW will flog us.

It's their year.

To me, if Slater ever wants to be an Immortal and wants to be known as the best fullback to have ever played, then he needs to win QLD this series.

No Cronk, no Smith, no Thurston, no Locky. Now is his time to prove he is the best.

Good point. Lockyer, Thurston & Smith have all dragged us to wins that we otherwise seemed no hope of achieving. Slater, like Cronk, seems to only be able to perform when being surrounded by these others.

Whats the hell is going on with fox sports. Just me or are their reporters standing infront of a green screen pretending to be out the front of the stadium .

Good point. Lockyer, Thurston & Smith have all dragged us to wins that we otherwise seemed no hope of achieving. Slater, like Cronk, seems to only be able to perform when being surrounded by these others.

Huh? How many times did Smith play without one of Locky, Thurston, Cronk or Slater around him?

Slater has won plenty of Origin games, scoring points and saving them. 2008 Game three, 2011 Game one - 2010 Game three saved a very important try.

Huh? How many times did Smith play without one of Locky, Thurston, Cronk or Slater around him?

Slater has won plenty of Origin games, scoring points and saving them. 2008 Game three, 2011 Game one - 2010 Game three saved a very important try.

Not just Origin. Career-wise.

Yeah but you said 'us' meaning QLD I presume. **** him doing it for the Storm, but he's done it for QLD for sure.

Yeah true. I’ve forgotten what I’ve based my argument on now.

PS, Slater is looking like he is making a massive difference.

Last edited:
Yeah true. I’ve forgotten what I’ve based my argument on now.

PS, Slater is looking like he is making a massive difference.

He's an immortal in waiting imo already. He and Locky are the best fullbacks to play the game.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.