State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

Felise Kaufusi read it. NSW defenders made sure he never got to it.

That's not true. He may have made an effort to get there once he saw the halfwit kick it, but he wasn't pushing up anticipating the kick.

Anyone who thinks Hunt should be retained should look at who are the loudest voices calling for him to be the QLD halfback long term, NSW fans, team and media. That should tell you all you need to know. They are looking at Hunt and hoping we make the same mistake they did with Mitchell Pearce.

Hunt isn't up to it. He is a good player, tries hard and has a strong running game but he isn't a halfback. His kicking game sucks and he either doesn't have the game awareness or quick thinking to be a halfback and he never will. Add to that that he has proven he can't handle the big moments and it is painfully aware that we will never win a series with him at halfback. The only way this will happen is if QLD do a Dragons and have the real halfback where 6 and pretend that it is Ben calling the shots.

Anyone who thinks Hunt should be retained should look at who are the loudest voices calling for him to be the QLD halfback long term, NSW fans, team and media. That should tell you all you need to know. They are looking at Hunt and hoping we make the same mistake they did with Mitchell Pearce.

I've been thinking this for a while that the media, particularly walters buddies at fox have been playing rope a dope with kevvie and ben hunt. I hope he can see beyond it, and maybe the fact that hodges and meninga have put forward an argument why he should be dropped will have some weight for kevvies thinking. Barring this, hopefully Hunt recieves a minor injury preventing him from playing the final origin. Otherwise, I fear Queensland may win because NSW take the foot of the accelorator, brushing over some cracks, and keeping Benny there next year due to his incumbency. Hope they realise, that when big games are on the line, he is not the one. Fact is mediocrity is not acceptable for an origin half, and thats what he is unless all conditions are aligned for him.

I've been thinking this for a while that the media, particularly walters buddies at fox have been playing rope a dope with kevvie and ben hunt. I hope he can see beyond it, and maybe the fact that hodges and meninga have put forward an argument why he should be dropped will have some weight for kevvies thinking. Barring this, hopefully Hunt recieves a minor injury preventing him from playing the final origin. Otherwise, I fear Queensland may win because NSW take the foot of the accelorator, brushing over some cracks, and keeping Benny there next year due to his incumbency. Hope they realise, that when big games are on the line, he is not the one. Fact is mediocrity is not acceptable for an origin half, and thats what he is unless all conditions are aligned for him.

Or maybe he'll carve up and have a MotM performance. I don't think it matters for next year, next year is a long way away - if Milf is carving up heading into origin next year, I don't see why Kev would go with Hunt over him, incumbency means little when you lose. I've read people suggesting Hunt will be there no matter what next year, I think this is speculative at best. Not a sure thing win or lose.

This is now the problem with the Qld spine moving ahead:

1. Ponga (genuine gun but will get figured out, at least to an extent, the more he plays)
6. Munster (genuine gun but has to an extent already been figured out)
7. Hunt (really good player that rates as poor due to inability to handle any big moment whatsoever)
9. McCullough (this is controversial but basically on a hiding to nothing - he is the Bradbury of Qld hookers - the very definition of average - highly above average defense, below average attack and highly below average vision and game awareness which is a huge problem following the best hooker ever)

So essentially:

1. Probable elite gun
6. Above average
7. Poor
9. Mediocre

Not the sort of stuff you build dynasties around. Qld need a number 7 (I think Milford is already it, not Taylor) and 9 to burst on to the scene and fast.

Jamie Soward on nrl.com reckons that Hunt should get another go but doubts the selectors will be forgiving and nor should they be said Ash will get a go

This is now the problem with the Qld spine moving ahead:

1. Ponga (genuine gun but will get figured out, at least to an extent, the more he plays)
6. Munster (genuine gun but has to an extent already been figured out)
7. Hunt (really good player that rates as poor due to inability to handle any big moment whatsoever)
9. McCullough (this is controversial but basically on a hiding to nothing - he is the Bradbury of Qld hookers - the very definition of average - highly above average defense, below average attack and highly below average vision and game awareness which is a huge problem following the best hooker ever)

So essentially:

1. Probable elite gun
6. Above average
7. Poor
9. Mediocre

Not the sort of stuff you build dynasties around. Qld need a number 7 (I think Milford is already it, not Taylor) and 9 to burst on to the scene and fast.

What about Morgan.

7 Morgan
6 Munster
1 Ponga
9 Macca ( we have no other choice unless Granville finds his 2015 form or Segyaro or play someone out of position.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how Morgan goes when he's given the reins again next year. I think the Cowboys really fucked up this year by not pushing Thurston to 2nd receiver and let Morgan keep taking charge to continue to develop his game.

Last edited:
It'll definitely be interesting to see how Morgan goes when he's given the reins again next year. I think the Cowboys really fucked up this year by not pushing Thurston to 2nd receiver and let Morgan keep taking charge to continue to develop his game.

He was playing injured though - it would have been a different story is he was 100% perhaps - but it is Thurston's last year, no doubt he wanted to be the star.

The good thing about Morgan and Munster is they can play other positions if someone else is screaming out for a spot in the halves.

Ben Hunt is still the best half back for QLD, all Broncos fans are biased due to 2015. One play does not make or break a game, there was still plenty of time left for Munster to stand up but he didnt. He was easily the best half in game 1.

Ben Hunt is still the best half back for QLD, all Broncos fans are biased due to 2015. One play does not make or break a game, there was still plenty of time left for Munster to stand up but he didnt. He was easily the best half in game 1.

Plenty of time except for Hunt and Chambers turning the ball over. There was plenty of time for Hunt to do something by that logic, but he did what he did all second half - nothing of value.

Plenty of time except for Hunt and Chambers turning the ball over. There was plenty of time for Hunt to do something by that logic, but he did what he did all second half - nothing of value.
I am in the boat of not sure whether Hunt is origin material. On the other hand, I also feel that Hunt and Qld would have played much better had Hunt stayed with the Broncos. Read what you want into it but there's a lot saying about rep players playing together every weekend.

Active Now

• Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.