State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

so if its agreed hunt is crap, taylor not ready, dce not in the buddy group, maybe throw Rhylie jacks in for a game. Goes well at storm, has combo with slater, kafausi and chambers if hes still there, and can defend and control a game. It burns an interchange, but maybe we had/have to replace smith with two hookers and use segyaro or granville on the bench. Not enough questions asked in the middle, and we already have a tackle machine in arrow. Don't need a hooker whos main function is tackling, we need variation.

After rewatching, Wallace was not that bad. His defence was really good. And the time period that he was on - QLD were on top and opting to shift the ball wide frequently. And he was combining well in the second man plays as a decoy runner. Im glad he didn't hog the ball to inflate his statistics

Last edited:
After rewatching, Wallace was not that bad. His defence was really good. And the time period that he was on - QLD were on top and opting to shift the ball wide frequently. And he was combining well in the second man plays as a decoy runner. Im glad he didn't hog the ball to inflate his statistics

I think the fact that he didn't come back on means that even the coach wasn't happy with him. Other forwards took hit ups, he took his first like almost 10 minutes into the game.

No, it's because I honestly don't think people know what a poor game is. Whenever we lose, people just point to Ben Hunt or Milford or Nikorima or McCullough and say "that's a poor game".

The reason Cleary is relevant is because if someone had a game like that for Qld or the Broncos and we lost, he'd be the one getting chewed out. I know this, because this is what happens with Nikorima just about every week.
Upload 2018 6 25 14 41 24

No, it's because I honestly don't think people know what a poor game is. Whenever we lose, people just point to Ben Hunt or Milford or Nikorima or McCullough and say "that's a poor game".

The reason Cleary is relevant is because if someone had a game like that for Qld or the Broncos and we lost, he'd be the one getting chewed out. I know this, because this is what happens with Nikorima just about every week.

Cleary doesn't matter, Morkel. So he played bad in a crucial position and yet the Blues still won. What does that say about our mob?

Hunt was game losing terrible and McC was invisible. End of.

Yawn.

"Ponga isn't ready defensively for Origin, where are we going to play him??"

Ponga proceeds to defend in the middle for 55 minutes, make 29 tackles (4th most on the team) and only miss 4. This whole leaving players out of the discussion because they're not great defenders at club land is such a cop out, look at Maloney, he's woeful defensively and yet he's picked every year.

The fact of the matter is that Taylor has a better kicking game than Hunt, literally nobody can refute that, and that's the main thing we lacked in G1 & G2.

Taylor and Ponga are two different people who defend in very different parts of the field. Nobody knew how Ponga would go because he defends at the back but we know full well that Taylor can't tackle at any level because we see this week in, week out. Add him to the rest of the team who are missing tackles left, right and centre and see what happens. I disagree the kicking was what we missed most. The missed tackles played a bigger part in our losses.

Please sell me on why Taylor should be playing. I'm tired of people saying he should be there when he's been 4th or 5th best QLD half this year. Maloney being a shit defender isn't a good enough reason to add Taylor to a team that already struggles to defend. We already have too many players in the QLD team who are doing nothing at NRL level. Who would protect him?

Taylor and Ponga are two different people who defend in very different parts of the field. Nobody knew how Ponga would go because he defends at the back but we know full well that Taylor can't tackle at any level because we see this week in, week out. Add him to the rest of the team who are missing tackles left, right and centre and see what happens. I disagree the kicking was what we missed most. The missed tackles played a bigger part in our losses.

Please sell me on why Taylor should be playing. I'm tired of people saying he should be there when he's been 4th or 5th best QLD half this year. Maloney being a shit defender isn't a good enough reason to add Taylor to a team that already struggles to defend. We already have too many players in the QLD team who are doing nothing at NRL level. Who would protect him?
Hang on, I knew beforehand and wrote that on this site, Ponga was made for origin and would excel. Mind you I thought betamax would win too ha ha

Defence didn't lose QLD the game last night - ya boi Ben Hunt and Will Chambers did with impulsive, idiotic attacking options when the game was there to be won. I'm not advocating Taylor just now, but honestly i'll take anyone other than Hunt - confirmed (now beyond all doubt) big game choker. Throw Taylor in, he kicks, Munster runs, see what happens. Dead rubber anyway, Hunt ain't the future.

Hang on, I knew beforehand and wrote that on this site, Ponga was made for origin and would excel. Mind you I thought betamax would win too ha ha

Didn't you also say something about Kaufusi going well? He was shit both games.

Didn't you also say something about Kaufusi going well? He was shit both games.
Truly, you have something wrong with you. Kaufusi was excellent both games and of the forwards he was the one most likely to spark something. You really do have severe problems don't you, totally irrational.

Truly, you have something wrong with you. Kaufusi was excellent both games and of the forwards he was the one most likely to spark something. You really do have severe problems don't you, totally irrational.

lol okay mate.

Kaufusi stinks it up at Origin, Taga stinks it up at the Broncos, but by all means, keep plugging them all you like. Maybe the fairies are listening.

Seriously, coming in to brag about predicting Ponga would have a good game - anyone with a modicum of sense could see that. Far too easily wounded for an old fart.

Where the **** is the rest of his arm in that photo? Looks like a try there, and I swear the side by side video they showed when making the decision was not in sync.

Sterlo even said it in the commentary.

Almost 20 hours later. Still blaming Hunt and Chambers. I’m still mad Chambers wasn’t dropped for Oates after game 1.

I'm not getting the Taylor thing. You don't just throw someone a QLD jersey to see how they go unless you're NSW.
DCE is the only option at this point.

The disrespect being flung at Hunt is unbelievable. I mean people calling him a **** and useless etc etc it's pathetic TBH, he tried his arse off, he is not performing in the big moments but the personal stuff because we lost a game of footy is weak as piss.
Not one person dishing that crap out would take it themselves but to come on a forum and grow a set just makes me laugh.

I wonder if NSW is going to pick Roberts again next year. He's been poor in his 2 games so far. I love him playing for the Broncos, but he's too one dimensional for Origin at the moment IMO. Needs to develop his game like Hodges did. He can only really run around players, he doesn't hit holes well. Latrell Mitchell can't run around the defenders, but he can go through them like Inglis in his prime, and that seems to translate to Origin a lot better.

I hope Roberts keeps working on his game, he'll start to lose the speed at some point, and if he can't pick up something extra, he's going to get left behind.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.